List your NWSL teams from favorite to least liked

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by MiLLeNNiuM, Jan 24, 2017.

1. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 MiLLeNNiuM, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    In honor of LucyFearsTheMorningStar's post below, I thought it might be a good idea to see who list your favorite NWSL teams from most liked to least liked or from favorite to hated.
    My top 10:
    FC KC (became a fan because of Cheyney-Holiday; Vlatko kept the love-fest going for me)
    Sky Blue (lots of my favorite players)
    Chicago (love their "build from the draft" mentality)
    NC Courage (young team, which is exciting to watch)
    Seattle (I was a big Little fan)
    Houston (something about the coaching I don't like; they always seem to under perform)
    Washington (was higher, but they'll take a few years to dig themselves out of the hole)
    Orlando (taking over the Breakers role of being Portland's farm team)
    Boston (too many times played the role of Portland's farm team)
    Portland (the evil galactic empire)

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    But it's not Thursday yet!

3. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Tuesday nights... and it's now officially Tuesday on the East coast. ;)

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Dash is the only team I root for in the NWSL. Beyond that there r favorite players I support so I wish their teams well.

5. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Oh, I thought you had said Thursday. Too bad, I could've gotten behind that. But Tuesdays just won't work for me.

6. amerinorsk59

amerinorsk59 Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Chicago area
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    1. CRS - duh and blue team
    2. BOS - blue team
    3. NJ - blue team
    4. WAS - blue team
    5. SEA - blue team
    6. PDX - blue team
    :cool:
    ----------------------
    10. NC - red team
    10. Orlando - red team
    10. KC - red team
    10. HOU - red team
    :p

7. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Even better yet, who are the most evil teams in all 3 leagues combined?

1.) Los Angeles Sol (those evil bastards)
    2.) Portland Thorns
    3.) MagicJack (that guy is gonna run his league into the ground, but he does pay for Abby's relatives)
    4.) Seattle Reign
    5.) San Jose (Bay Area) Cyber Rays (the WUSA was too teeny to appear evil, but the Cyber Rays weren't too friendly)
    6.) Atlanta Beat (they were quite physical in WUSA, and a lot of people didn't like when they became Atlantica)
    7.) WNY Flash (those darn meatheads from Sahlen)
    8.) FC Gold Pride (that logo was intimidating alone, it scares us all)
    9.) Houston Dash (dem damn Texans)
    10.) St. Louis Athletica (how dare we have a "green" team in an American women's professional soccer league?)

WPS was the most evil league
    NWSL is the 2nd most evil
    WUSA was the least evil

8. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Thorns
    2. Red Stars (MRAD12 influcence)
    3. FCKC
    4. Reign
    5. North Carolina (Riley notwithstanding)
    6. Sky Blue
    7. Dash (Waldram notwithstanding)
    8. Pride (although they get points for taking Alex off Portland's hands)
    9. Boston
    10. Washington (I'm with the departing players on this one)

I don't hate any of the teams. I find some of the coaches too narcissistic and one owner inappropriate for a women's soccer team.

9. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Since I'm in the OP, I guess I could expand.

1. Houston: My Team. Has remained my team despite my initial favorite players leaving.
    2. SB/Bos tie: my relatively local teams that I can attend games of. I have love/hate relationships with because I don't like aspects of the SB organization or Boston's awful trade history in previous years. Both teams have now collected several players I like, they're underdogs and, again, somewhat local. I have history with Boston in the WUSA despite hating all other Boston/NE sports teams. Will root for them above any team further down.
    4 NC: Used to be in my triangle with SB/Bos. They remain up high until further notice as I like several players.
    5. KC: I like a lot of players and Vlatko.
    6. Chicago: don't really care either way
    7. Orlando: technically Houston's 'rival'. More to do with annoying segments of fans which may compound this year even more so.
    8. Seattle: this is probably the only team where I actively do not like some of their players.
    9. Portland: duh. Afflicted with same issue as Orlando but with an added in pinch of holier than thou & insistent whining from another group.
    10. Washington: meh. Ownership was already questionable on some things and I think last season/this off season was really revealing for the club. Spirit Squadron is awesome and I wish for them a better owner.

And yes, I can be petty. I've had a single fan manage to make me completely hate a team in another sport that I had otherwise not cared one way or another about previously. None of the groups that cause me to dislike some teams are among posters here that I am aware of.

10. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The only team I dislike was a Paul Riley coached Portland Thorns squad. They were a bad mix, but now they are separate I like the Thorns and a Paul Riley coached WNY / NC team.

Favorite Teams: Obviously my hometown team FCKC. 2nd would be the Chicago Red Stars bc of being a midwest girl. Red Stars also drafted my fav players in the 2014 and 2015 (Johnston and Coloprico)

11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Will you still support the Dash if Ellis was the coach?

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I support them with Waldrum and he goes out of his way not to snuggle up to me.

13. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean now that KT has JE's ear? I would assume he still does; I hear they are BFFs! :p

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    % with you there. Some of the worst tactics and roster decisions I have had to witness.

Myrtle repped this.
  15. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Carolina- duh.
    2. Houston- Hard for me to root against any team with Lloyd.
    3. Boston- Are they turning things around finally?
    4. Kansas City- Not much, if anything, to dislike about KC (unless you're a Reign fan).
    5. SkyBlue- Just kind of.... there.
    6. Orlando- Digging themselves a hole, but I don't hate them.
    7. Chicago- Used to be at the bottom, but dumping Thugcredi took them off it.
    8. Seattle- The love affair fans have with a coach who has proven to be suspect tactically is a big turn-off.
    9. Washington- Middle of the pack until the offseason shenanigans.
    10. Portland- Jerk owner, players acting like whiny brats when in a Thorns kit, a large portion of the fanbase who come off as entitled. So much to dislike about this franchise.

16. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love this: The owner, who voluntarily (so far as any of us know) subsidizes the other teams, who asks for high standards for what the teams deliver to the fans but recognizes that getting to universally high standards will take time since some teams have more economic resources than others, is a "jerk."

Actually, re-read your own post. Your tone sounds like exactly what you say you don't like.