'Lipe' Fernandes in Brazil

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wrote a profile on his life for the club:

https://www.sjearthquakes.com/post/2018/10/05/my-words-brazilian-american-midfielder-luis-felipe

When I was around 13 I went to a tryout for Cruzeiro Esporte Club in Belo Horizonte, and I made the team! I left my parent’s home and moved from my city to Belo Horizonte. I was following my dream and I was really excited.

My new team was two hours away from my parent’s house, so I could go home every weekend. I lived with a friend of mine from my city and his mom in Belo Horizonte. She moved with us. I was going home to Ouro Branco all the time with them.

It was tough for my parents when I moved to Belo Horizonte. I was very young, but they knew that it was my dream and I had already been playing for many years. They have always supported me, even when I moved.

I played at Cruzeiro Esporte Club from 13 until 19, and afterwards I went to the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers in the NASL. I loved living in Ft. Lauderdale. I already spoke English, so it was not hard for me to move there. They had a lot of Brazilian guys on the team which helped.

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He joined Sacramento Republic in 2021 and is starting tonight in the US Open Cup final.

UniversalAdvice repped this.