Lining Raiola's Pockets - The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    I think that given the relationship between Kimmich and Pep, if Kimmich moves, it will be ti City (assuming Pep is still at City). I would love having Kimmich at United. He's an incredible talent.

2. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goretzka would be close to the ideal option for United, if it weren't for his injury issues. He's got the size, ability, is the right age. But his injury history has to be a concern, especially in the Prem.
    He's young enough that I'd take a shot on him, hoping he'd grow out of health issues (like Gerrard did). Would have to be at the right price as well though.

Gnome repped this.
  4. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want to become a MOD again, just so I can ban Gatekeeper for being the most obtuse, asinine poster I ever read on BS in 15 years. Yes, he's that bad as a poster.

I've never even wanted to ban a poster for being generally obtuse. Personal attacks, hell yes. But, he just takes it another level.

johno and benni... repped this.
  5. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I were mod, my first three acts in office would be...

1. Rescind Bronaldos red card.
    2. Put a character limit on Gatekeepers posts.
    3. Have a weekly poll where the user with the most votes gets a lifetime ban (in honor of bro).

Let's make BigSoccer great again. Mizzou 2017.

Rooney20, benni... and Gilma1990 repped this.
  6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stop crying like a bunch of babies. Nobody forces you to read or respond to other fans posts.

I get it, he's stubborn. I offered friendly advice and he went the opposite way. Guess what I did, I didn't read the walls of continuing text. He needs a friend around here, so I've taken him on as a long term project. He'll get there.

7. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Unfortunately, all you've ever done is to restate your conclusion as its own proof. That just doesn't work.

Nowhere have you ever actually sustained a defense for why you find it impossible for Griezmann and Pogba to be successful in the same squad. You've simply stated it as though it were a self-evident fact.

The burden of proof rests on you to make an argument -- and not to repeat the assertion over and over -- as why Griezmann and Pogba can't be successful in the same squad.

We're having a discussion on redcafe right now on Griezmann, whom no one argues would require Pogba be "sacrificed" in order to accommodate. Here's one of the better posts over the last day or so:

I think he would join Chelsea back instead of playing at United. He'll pull a pogback. As for wanting Lukaku vs. Griezmann, I would go with Griezmann. I think he has what it takes to deliver titles at United. He's quick on the break and he's not bad at all when it comes to beating his man. The aggression of the PL is a myth. If players like Silva, Mata can survive and do well, Griezmann is no different. He's the heir to the No. 7. Griezmann is already world class as well. His equalizer against Madrid was enough to suggest that he will be a lot beneficial than Lukaku with his runs. If Lukaku is shut out with no service, he can't do anything on his own. Make no mistake, I think he's a good striker but Griezmann has that ability to create something out of nothing which is reminiscent about CR7 when he was at OT.

Only here, where our resident internet hardman "JamesA" holds court, do we come across this insane belief that Griezmann would impair Pogba's development under Jose. Whoever wrote this post is spot on -- he's very quick on the break, he beats his man and he creates something out of nothing.

I actually really like Lukaku as well but he's a very different type forward and in no way do I want to run him down. But given the choice between Antoine Griezmann and Romelu Lukaku anyone who argues Lukaku over Griezmann -- with or without Pogba already on the squad -- is out of his mind.

But if you need to keep repeating to your that Griezmann would require that Pogba be sacrificed, without any supporting argument behind that whatsoever, don't let me stop you.

8. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well done!

At least yours is the argument that makes perfect sense, that Griezmann has no interest in coming to United.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very Bernie Sanders like in your approach. You still need to show me more, if you want my vote for Mod.... ;)

benni... repped this.
  10. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I'm elected mod, that would've been capped after the first paragraphed. Your days are numbered.

By the way, stating that the guys over at the cafe agree with you is not a strong argument in your favor. Those dimwits want us to replace DDG with Schmeicel.

11. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Guys, guys.

Diego Forlan, Robert Pires and some guy from Red Cafe all think Utd should sign Griezmann.

Face facts. You're all one Dwight Yorke quote away from having no leg to stand on.

benni... and Gilma1990 repped this.
  12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Someone start the campaign thread. We have 3 candidates so far.

johno repped this.
  13. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The poster in question seems to believe, incorrectly, that Griezmann is a striker.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  15. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Welcome back [emoji4]

16. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why is Teso posting? That Supermod said he would perma-ban him, after I reported him.

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Do you agree with the following:
    • Pogba is best utilised on the left-side of a single pivot midfield three
    • Griezmann is best utilised centrally behind a striker

Gilma1990 repped this.
  18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  19. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're wasting your time.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I have a lot of time and a lot of spite for fellow board members.

benni..., Naboomagnoli and Gilma1990 repped this.
  21. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its the old good cop (karloski), bad cop (teso) routine. Let me grab the popcorn.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  22. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    True, if my sole argument were that a bunch of posters on another forum say XYZ is true that doesn't make XYZ true. Nor does you arguing that XYZ is true simply because you say so.

I actually am skeptical that AG is coming to United for precisely the reason Karloski articulated here three weeks ago, that he has no interest in taking a step down to United. But the idea that we shouldn't want AG because we have PP, that the two can't possibly play successfully together, is specious.

I know of no one on any forum -- with the exception of Teso who argued last weekend that DDG was "an average keeper" -- who "wants" to replace DDG with anyone.

23. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Enforcers here on BigSoccer demand simple-minded answers. I will disappoint them.

You, more than any other poster, has demanded more dynamic play from our forwards, so much so that you have detested the play of Ibra, who scored 28 goals and provided 10 assists in 44 games. Whatever one may claim about AG, it cannot be denied that he's a vastly more dynamic striker than Ibra or most of the other names who have been "linked' to United recently.

There's no more dynamic striker who's reasonably gettable this summer (thus, no Neymar et al) than the player you ask whether "is best utilised centrally behind a striker". To keep it brief, you're asking the wrong questions. The right questions are:
    • Can Griezmann and Pogba successfully play together?
    • Would Griezmann be significant improvement to our current options on the front line?
    Mizzou and the herd who follow him say no to Question #1 and we'll leave it at that for now. And if Jose does bring in Griezmann we'll find out whether we're fukked going into 17/18.

But at least no one denies that AG would be a significant improvement to our current options on the front line.

Let's see if we can beat Swansea this weekend.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1674 Ashur, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    :whistling:
    I'm still on your post about being the Teso on a Disney forum. In all seriousness what is being discussed over there? I'm genuinely curious...

25. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    If we want to take a chance on a #6, Carlos Soler might be worth looking at. He is very talented, but he's 20 and Jose might want a finished product.