Lining Raiola's Pockets - The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    A few rumors have come up regarding a couple of Bayern players. Both Douglas Costa and Kingsley Coman's future have been questioned. Costa went to the media to force more money out of Bayern. The rumors with Coman were that he wasn't happen with limited playing time, but I'm sure he was injured for a bit.

Either way two guys who reside in the wide area and beat players regularly.

Playboy Red Devil and SyedZada repped this.
  2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Fight the system!
    ******** the mods!

Would also be worth seeing who PSG flip as they are well stocked in that department.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  3. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I'd still take Lucas Moura as a winger. Douglas Costa would be perfect for us on the left hand side which would allow us to move Rash up top.

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wonder what will we do with Martial if Douglas Costa is a real option, Coman looks a good one.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atleti's president Enrique Cerezo is claiming that Griez is happy at the club and will not be leaving in the summer. He went on to call United a small club for good measure... Lol.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  6. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think i saw this yesterday. I also saw fleetingly ( on mobile) telegraph saying that greizmann would come here only if we qualify for CL. Couldn't find the article later.So don't know what was the full content. Whether true or false, we should have a plan B.

7. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His quote was mistranslated, he basically said that Atletico are enjoying more success than United at the moment. Cerezo is just probably trying to save face and make it appear that Atletico are putting up a fight to keep Griezmann. If Griezmann wants to leave then there is only so much Atleti can do, their hands are pretty much tied if we meet his buy out clause.

8. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    It's about time. But I don't think it's coming to the US for the same reason those in the UK can't have it.

I've generally felt the club sucks at internet and social media. The website looks old as ********. They've only just started to be really active on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook.

They're probably the only top 6 club that doesn't have a YouTube account. They don't have a Snapchat.

It's annoying.

b0sk1 and sdotsom repped this.
  10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woodward's position in terms of spending was to be expected, given all the money we've spent in recent years and with the squad finally starting to settle. After the big push of this summer that will see multiple players coming in, I expect it will a little while again before we see a window with 3-4 coming in.

11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    agreed. the splash page is terrible. just get straight to the good stuff

benni... repped this.
  12. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If Douglas Costa is on the market, we should snap him up. Proven dribblers with end product are rarely available. He'd improve us instantly.

As for Lucas Moura, no thanks. He had his chance and snubbed us for an easier road. But beyond that, I just don't think he's very good. He's not even that good of a dribbler. He's a player that relies 100% on his speed and isn't that good technically and doesn't have enough end product. Pass.

johno, benni... and SyedZada repped this.
  13. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Linked pretty heavily with Bernardo Silva today.

14. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is a 10 but he is a very good dribbler.

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems to be seriously linked to Barca as well. If we go after Griez, really don't see where BS figures in the equation to be honest, with the players we already have...

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Saw some rumors about us getting a kid from Nottingham Forest, Ben Berreton?

Also add me to the list that is just blown away at how shite the club website is. It hasn't changed for what feels like 15 years and continues to be utter shite. I don't have much hope for this app.

benni... repped this.
  17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Douglas Costa is a player we could/should change our plans for. A dribbler of that quality who can play on the wing should scupper any pursuit of Griezmann. But that won't happen.

18. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    To be fair, Griezmann doesn't fit in either.

SyedZada repped this.
  19. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you know he is not in our plans currently?

20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree in principle, but it looks like we're saddling that pony one way or another and riding it. So if we're going in that direction, let's try to at least surrounding him with players that might be complimentary and we can actually use.
    Having a team with Griez, Miki, Mata and Bernardo Silva seems like huge overkill and simply does not make sense. Even removing Mata from the equation would not make much more sense as it is.

Gnome repped this.
  21. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wasn't saying he wasn't. I was saying that if he were available and not in our plans, he should be as he is a game changer.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #22 Ashur, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    It'd be kind of poetic if United managed to bring Costa to the club. SAF has loved him since he was a kid: remember when we were linked to him way back in 2008 when he was still in Brazil. There was interest again a least a couple of different times (again when SAF was in charge) when he was with Shaktar.
    Would be such a great acquisition and at 26, arguably his best is still ahead. That's actually one of the few dribblers I can really get behind, as he's a genuine threat, who does make things happen.

23. Gnome

Gnome Member+

Nov 5, 2013
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Douglas Costa is 27 this year and has only had 1 year of consistent, high level football in Europe. That year he was playing for the GOAT manager. He would fail at United.

24. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    @benni... did you want to add a clever title for this summer transfer thread?

25. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    if you get a good one, go for it