Lille Capture Bulgarian League Top Scorer

Discussion in 'France' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    French side Lille OSC have gone Eastern European for the second time in under a week by completing the signing of Vladimir Manchev from Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia...
    SoccerAge

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hector Tapia, too.

they've algo signed Chilean star and international Hector Tapia (ex Colo-Colo, Palestino, UC, and Perugia). In Perugia he scored like 6 goals in 9 appearances, and in a recent interview that I read he said "People at this club (Lille) are very nice: they send you e-mails, etc.. and treat me very well."
    He has already scored in one pre-season friendly, too.
    Hopefully, he will do as well as Alberto Foillioux and Ignacio Prieto: former Chilean international that were successful at Lille.
    GOOD LUCK TAPIA

3. Shah

Shah New Member

Lille are not a very ambitious club. Their loss of Cheyrou, Cygan, Halihodzic and Bakari showed this. Still if this is final deal.. it would be the second Bulgarian star in the Chamionnat. Rennes have signed youngster Georgi Ivanov. Lille needs a prolific striker for this season due to their losses. I hope this Machev can adjust to the higher level of football in France. Still.. this looks to be a good signing, and possibly a newer trend of Easten European stars in France. I hope this works out for both sides.