Liguilla Clausura 2014 - Santos @ CF Pachuca - [5/7] 8:30 pm CST

Discussion in 'Club Santos Laguna' started by Vinodivino, May 6, 2014.

1. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    should be fun...

goals everywhere hopefully

4. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    A Oribe lo veo muy lento hoy

5. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Exactly what we shouldn't be doing but we almost scored so... meh lol

6. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hes seems like hes been like that all season...hopefully he shows up in the WC.

goddamit oswaldo:mad:

7. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Oswaldo seriously needs to think about retiring after we lift the trophy this season

8. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Horrible game. Oribe looked like shit and terrible terrible subs.

I love escoboza but the kid should not be starting for Renteria

Vinodivino and shinymetalbrass repped this.
  9. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We were set up to fail from the start.

• A defensive 4-4-2 formation - What's the reasoning here??? It's obvious that our best defense is our offense, and playing defensively against a team like Pachuca, that is accustomed to dominating the ball and has good 1 on 1 players, is just asking for an ass-whoopin'. Terrible decision.
    • Opting to play a net negative player like Salinas - There's only room for one slow, uncreative player, and Chato seems to have that spot on lock. Having both on the field means that we can kiss our possession and attacking options goodbye. Another awful decision. Did the staff not learn anything from the America game?
    • Playing Ezcoboza defensively - We're already short on attacking options, and Ezcoboza is wasted. Strange move, but we've been using him like this for the last three games with bad results. I'm dumbfounded by this decision.
    And this was before the game even started. It's bad enough that we have to deal with Oswaldo's old man reflexes, but then you continue to leave Araujo rotting on the bench, while trotting out a mega slow defender in Figueroa, and a mediocre CB playing RB (Lacerda). The defense is easy to fix. We've been top 3 the last 2 - 3 seasons defensively, but the insistence of playing Lacerda has killed this team. Chato Rodriguez is pretty much Salcido on the NT levels of terrible now, right down to launching long shots into the seats on a regular basis. The lone productive player on the midfield, Ribair, is forced to do too much work on his own.

The worst decision in a night stacked with bad decisions was not playing the most productive wing player BY FAR, Renteria, instead, opting for a player who hasn't done a single positive thing this entire season (Calderon). Not only that, but they sub him in for Ribair. Just inexcusable levels of WTF coaching decisions. Did Caixinha get infected with Mexican coach syndrome? I haven't even mentioned that we waited till the last 15 minutes of the game to attack.

Emabarrassing, cowardly performance. I swear we went out the same way last year? Expecting the team to score 3 at home is putting on an awful lot of pressure on the players. It's hard to play well under pressure, but then you have to think about how the hell we're going to stop Pachuca from scoring 1 goal. We need to score 3 and have a clean sheet. We haven't gotten a clean sheet in our last 16 matches. Yeah, we're f*cked.

shinymetalbrass repped this.
  10. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oribe is fine; his game was never about speed. He has 11 goals/7 assist this season in all competitions (not counting NT games). His work rate is second to none. In games like the last one, where we stand back and defend, he's going to look average because he has the attention of the entire backline with no help up front (other than Darwin, who is also being double-marked).

shinymetalbrass repped this.
  11. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    incredible, this team.

oswaldo jesus fvck

deepspace repped this.
  12. deepspace

deepspace Member+

Dec 30, 2012
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pinche cejon. No mames, cagandola en partidos importantes igual que el culay de rafa marquez...

13. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    That's a truly retarded and disgusting display on his part. Como para retirarlo a fuerza, y el otro pues es obvio que la primera division no es para el... deberiamos ir por el subcampeon sub-17 de chivas

Vinodivino repped this.
  14. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    That's a truly retarded and disgusting display on his part. Como para retirarlo a fuerza, y el otro pues es obvio que la primera division no es para el... deberiamos ir por el subcampeon sub-17 de chivas

15. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    41 year old Oswaldo Sanchez handed Pachuca a trip to the finals by acting like an 18 year old.

His overall performance in this liguilla has to rank as one of the absolute worst in recent memory, and definitely the worst in the history of Santos. We made it this far in spite of him.

If this grand demonstration of inability isn't enough to convince upper management that he is finished as a 1st division GK, then we are truly stuck with this as$hole until he, himself decides it's time to hang 'em up. God knows when that'll be. He already has geriatric reflexes and thinks he's still got it.

F'ck you Oswaldo. You immature, over-entitled, human-waste basket, piece of shit, cock-smoking m@therf'cker. The spawn that impregnated your jackal whore mother should have been nutted on her face instead of inside her cavernous pus$y. I'll see you in the depths of Hell, dickface.

shinymetalbrass and Dr. Deplorable repped this.
  16. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I admire this post every word came from the Corazon ...:thumbsup:

Vinodivino repped this.
  17. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Crazy part is we almos fvcking made it through anyway. You live by the away goal you die by the away goal.

No words for Oswaldo. The umpteenth time he fvcks us in liguilla, im done.

18. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

This was my reaction after he got that red card.

[​IMG]

As I gazed upon that jackass with the hardest of hardcore death stares, I thought to myself, not only has this idiot demonstrate a complete lack of self-control in the most important match of the season, but he is about to cost the best offensive team in the league a chance towards another star, and quite possibly cost Caixinha his job.

I have to say, Helder Baptista did an outstanding job managing the team in the second half. I'm very proud of the team regardless of the outcome. They fought till the end and nearly pulled it off. The odds were stacked against them, and they responded like true warriors when many teams would have tuck their tails between their legs.

19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, at least you guys can qualify for Lib Cup again next year since you won't be in Concachampions :coffee:

Vinodivino repped this.
  20. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Libertadores served as great exposure, as well as being an excellent experience for the team. I'd choose it over Concachampions every time. The atmosphere, competition, history etc, trounces the CCL.

21. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Not to mention that the continued exposure to this tournament will only increase our experience and allow us to go further into the tournament and not make the rookie mistakes we made last time around

22. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fvck Lacerda. I cant forgive him. He played kinda ok since then though.

Fvck Oswaldo too.