LigaBancomerMX 2014 | Apertura

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Lyrical S.

Lyrical S. Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Morelia, Michoacan
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    can you cut the slow motion replay of Damians red card.. and upload to youtube? please thank you...

2. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    That sliding hatch door so I can swoop you up quick for that beat down.

elvasco, LGRod and Shzm13 repped this.
  3. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Just remembered, I have the perfect gif for yesterday's happenings. Amirite @MexiKampeon?

[​IMG]

4. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Slow-mo is @ 1:20

Lyrical S., GrandeSoccer and rich loc repped this.
  5. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dude is embarrassing

6. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    would've been lawd-tier if red cards fell off as he was getting unmasked by scooby...

LGRod repped this.
  7. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The argay came out of him right there lol

LGRod repped this.
  8. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Players are gonna be let go like Rey, Gonzalo Diaz who will not be registered and maybe even Osvaldito and Micky. So calm down.

Stick to watching the premier foreign league instead of spazzing bruh.

Shzm13, thedragonrik58 and iveman27 repped this.
  9. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tbf, America's not exactly the most Mexican-friendly club.

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  10. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol not spazzing just saying what pelaez said but when they announced their 4 new refuerzos i thought the same thing but then Peláez said that Pablo aguilar, osvaildito, darwin, pellerano y sambueza will play as mexicans

11. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Apart from Chivas which Mexican club is Mexican friendly?
    We have Rafael Lebrija to thank for the wave of naturalized players, he was the one that changed the wording in the rule book in order to allow him to field Zinha as Mexican. After that the flood gates opened.

thedragonrik58 and LGRod repped this.
  12. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    he forgot already.

13. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You guys have historically ignored your cantera for the most part though.

You're gonna bring up guys like Cuau, Memo, and Raul (even though his talent is still up for debate) but you guys have traditionally just gone down the SA route.

Even now you have Zuñiga getting benched by Rey, a mediocre South American who's just gonna fade into obscurity as soon as he leaves. And to add to Quintero, you guys are signing Samudio (Paraguayan), Benedetto (Argie), and Pellerano (Argie).

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  14. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    your team which does not "ignores" it's cantera(and never wins either) stilled kicked out a decent prospect CB and favored two mediocre south americans, and almost kicked out another in useless poncho gonzalez if it wasn't for ponchito him self who refused to leave. America indeed has always gone to south america but which mexican club hasn't.
    Apart from chivas show me a club that does not bring south americans in big numbers.

15. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When you're in danger of relegation, you tend to look for immediate fixes rather than cantera players who'll pay off in the future but who'll require some work. Historically though, we've consistently produced some of the best NT players.

Every Liga MX club nowadays has South Americans but most at least try to promote from their cantera from time to time. Pachuca and Chivas are the big two atm, but Atlas, Santos, Morelia, Pumas, Monterrey, Toluca, etc. have done this recently as well.

All the America players that have represented the NT in the past year have been produced elsewhere. All I'm saying is that for a club of America's stature in the Mexican league to not contribute to the NT is pretty disastrous. And it's not like it's impossible to do both either. You guys can combine the likes of Benedetto and Quintero with up and coming guys from your cantera and set an example for everyone else.

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #4991 Don Boppero 3000, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014

Ochoa, Reyes, Jimenez.

Those guys produced elsewhere? That's 3 important players. America is not generating players like Atlas, UNAM, or Pachuca, but Chivas has as of late produced what now? Don't go living in the past. The present is here not 15 years ago. Let me throw Cruz Azul under the bsmx short bus too. Who's their homegrown talent?

All that aside with these recent additions I can see America adding 2 more championships.

Lyrical S. repped this.
  17. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Give us one player that has a successful career in Europe. That's all I ask.

Chivas is always producing players. Some suck and never make it to first division, some are just average Liga MX players (Fabian, Chaton, etc) and some go to Europe and succeed (Cheech, Vela, Salcido). Seeing as Vela and Cheech are still in their mid 20s, I don't think you can say that I'm "living in the past" when I mention them.

Idk what you want to prove with CA. Recently, they've just been an overinflated second-best team who depends on old, washed up Argies. They're best contribution to the NT is Aquino and he seems to be the exception to their player output. What's the point in brining a team like that down? It won't make America look any better.

With all the money you're spending, it would be nice if you could aim a little higher than Liga MX. Say, Libertadores? Hell, CCL?

Dr. Deplorable, Ron Mexico and LGRod repped this.
  18. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    America and the rest of the big clubs should aim to win period. Sure producing national team quality players is nice, but titles is what it's about.

What good does producing chicharo, Salcido, vela (and tbh vela spent little time there doing most of his youth ball in regional clubs) do for them? What did they win?

iveman27 repped this.
  19. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    thoon.jpg

LGRod repped this.
  20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats what the Club World Cup is for!

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  21. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Adrian559, Serg33 and Colima24 repped this.
  22. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We all know Phenom ain't going to come through with that shit.

Don Boppero 3000, Skuzzy, Serg33 and 3 others repped this.
  23. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    same. dude even made a sock account to access BSMX and tried to deny it despite his 1 year ban. lol....

24. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    @Phenom go back on his word??

25. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Not sure how Raul's talent is still for up debate.

Whether or not he turns out to be good enough for Atletico Madrid still remains to be seen but the kid proved himself in Mexico and that's a much different argument than any vague generalizations you put forth.