Liga Quito Almost Got Robbed!!!!!! Referee Conspirancy!!! (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by MiamiAce, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    I saw the game Liga Quito vs Penarol, second leg match to classify for a final spot to Copa Libertadores, WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MATCH. But even more bizzarre...

Liga Quito lost the match 1-4, had THREE players red-carded, and STILL qualified for the Copa Libertadores by greater overall goals carried from the first match! The referee (a Brazilian) was obviously helping out Penarol. Liga Quito's captain, Aguinaga, was red-carded in the first half for NO reason, first time ever in his illustrious career he's been sent off. The referee kept calling foul after foul after foul against Quito. Until finally Quito was playing 8 men against 11. But the referee didn't have his way, and Quito were able to hold off winning by aggregate goals. After the game, Aguinaga and Liga Quito coach spoke out against the referee and demanded that the South American Confederation question this referee's intentions and suggested he not be allowed to participate in the Copa Libertadores. The coach, who practically tried to fight the referee after the match, even suggested that since Penarol is a big club with lots of tradition, that someone wanted them to advance to the Copa no matter how. And I agree... I think the CONMEBOL Confederation was part of it, this year's Copa doesn't have a lot of big club names like years past, and perhaps they told the referee to help out Penarol. I like both of these teams but rooting for Liga Quito since I'm part Ecuadorian and been to Quito 3 times, but could it be a consiprancy against them??

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It just happened that Liga was playing Peñarol, the same thing could have happened to any team playing them, if CONMEBOL did ask the ref to help Peñarol, then any team (small team) be it Colombian, Venezuela, Ecuadorian, Peruvian, Bolivian, any of the "small" countries, the same thing could have happened. Its more a conspiracy if true, against any small team, than just one particular team.

and I think Aguinaga has been red-carded before.

3. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

yes he was, but not this way

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    not that way, but this guys says: "first time ever in his illustrious career he's been sent off."

5. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

well u know i dont remember but i think its his first time ever

6. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pibe, I don't think he was just trying to imply it was a conspiracy against LDU just coz they r LDU, but that dumbass ref was from Brasil, he also probably didn't want LDU to beat Santos again. He never said it just could be LDU on the otherhand. but this is bull shiet man... this deserves some kind of punishment! :mad:

7. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I think what Pibe said is 'dead on'!
    When Colombian football started to challenge for many of the top championships (club or national tournaments), it was one of the biggest hills to climb. Heck we're still climbing that hill. Well, with Ecuadorian teams starting to challenge in various tournaments they'll also have to go thru the same. When I was watching America vs Mineiros for example, America was forgiven various times by the ref, while Mineiros was being punished for even the slightest of tackles. I don't know if the Liga/Penarol ref was indeed pulling for one team more then the other, but he definitely did not help. The worst guy without a doubt is that young Mexican ref with the slick hair...he's cocky and unfair in almost every game I see him judge.
    I have to say though, Liga did a really poor job in this one. Although I know Oblitas plays a very offensive style of football, he's gonna have to play these type of games much more carefully as the competition gets tougher! Too bad for Penarol, Uruguayan football has been on a decline for quite some time now. Both Liga + Nacional(URU) will have it tough:
    Liga + Santos (BRA) ouch, Bolivar (ouch) + Danubio (not easy to beat at home)
    Nacional (URU) + Atl Junior (solid team) + Olmedo (dont know enough about them)+ River (ouch)

8. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    The one thing I liked about the ref is that finally someone cought Jacinto Espinoza (Liga's keeper) in his cheating. Two or three times he would roll around in the floor as if he was hit by a bullet, but because the ref said "keep playing", he had to quickly stand up and, oh surprise, he was fine.

I know what I'm talking about, I'm Ecuadorian and I've seen Espinoza play for at least 10 years and I've always seen him do that when his team is playing on the road. He knows that the ref has to stop the game everytime the goalie gets injured, but Espinoza just goes too far, no one would touch him and he'd fall. It's insane.

He's a crappy keeper and a cheater. Thankfully he's no longer considered in the national team, with Villafuerte and a now healthy Cevallos we have the position covered.

9. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Yes, indeed. I will agree with you on how Espinoza is crafty. He is very clever about wasting time BUT I think in this game it was called for. Liga Quito was down 10 men to 11 just 37 minutes into the first half, and Penarol just kept pushing forward tiring the whole Liga defense, so you have to think, he doesn't do it for himself but for his team. I actually started laughing out loud when I saw him call for time going to his knees while Penarol was about to take a corner kick, and the ref ignored him and he had to rush to get up from the ground to defend the kick already in the air. lol

Anyways... I recorded the game, as to the person who said Aguinaga has been red-carded before, I was just going by what he said in a post-game interview that he hadn't. And understanding my post I comply with the fact that it was nothing against Quito but rather something for Penarol.

10. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Conmebol's hand is in this. It will get lost much like River vs. Santos Laguna last year.

11. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    hahahahaha. Isn't that El Chucky? That's how they call him. He is a bastard.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    while jacinto didnt do a great job like he may do most of the time, he did save alot of goals. him and espinola should be commemorated for that because it truly was amazing how we held out for so long, that ref is a bastard and an idiot. ive seen him ref before, he was clearly biased in this game against Liga. They should throw his ass out of the federation. I hope Liga sticks it to all those nonbelievers and kicks ass against danubio when theyre in the centenario, GO LIGA

13. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    look what Liga's site is saying about this game

"Lamentable el bochornoso espectáculo que ocasionó el remedo de árbitro Paulo César De Oliveira, que dio la impresión de que había sido alineado por el técnico Fernando Morena ya que se constituyó en el mejor jugador del Peñarol.

El partido para Liga Deportiva Universitaria duró tan solo 30 minutos, o mejor hasta que fue expulsado Alex Aguinaga, porque hasta ahí, el juego fue bueno, emotivo, con brusquedad propia de los uruguayos, pero “jugable”, pero no se sabe o entiende por porque el árbitro expulsó a Alex Aguinaga y solo le faltó tocar la pelota hacia el arco de Jacinto Espinoza."

they called him "el negrito vestido como arbitro de futbol"

14. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Yea when Fox Sports interviewed Alex Aguinaga right after the game, they asked him about the referee, and Aguinaga said "en una verguenza que viene un tipo de negro..." but then he quickly said "bueno, hoy es rojo" referring to the fact that the referee was wearing a red shirt. I think there was some pun intended. But in Ecuador, I believe it's standard to refer to the main referee (of any background), as "el arbitro de negro" because they usually wear all black. So I guess thats why it can pass in Ecuador if you say "el negrito" because really you are talking about the referee (wears all black), regardless of his race.

15. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    aguinaga can't say anything wrong. that guy (ref) should lose his job.

16. danmarce

danmarce Member

May 8, 2004
    Quito, Ecuador
    In old days ALL referees wear all black in ALL the world, is common to say "el hombre de negro" (the men in black) to talk about a referee, but Alex noticed that his comment sounded funny, so the said that "bueno, hoy es rojo"

Here in Ecuador, a referee can wear a shirt of any color.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    el mejor de suramerica para LDU

MARTES 8 DE MARZO arbitros para copa

Quito 17:00 hs LDU Quito – Bolívar
    Árbitro: Oscar J. Ruiz (Colombia) :)
    Asistente 1: Jorge Hoyos (Colombia)
    Asistente 2: Eduardo Botero (Colombia)
    Cuarto Árbitro: Marco Muzo (Ecuador)

Asunción 21:15 hs Libertad - Independiente Medellín
    Árbitro: Carlos Chandia (Chile)
    Asistente 1: Pablo Pozo (Chile) :eek: muy malo vs bolivia en el sub20
    Asistente 2: Patricio Basualto (Chile)
    Cuarto Árbitro: Ramón Chamorro (Paraguay)

Lima 21:30 hs Sporting Cristal - Deportivo Cuenca
    Árbitro: Carlos López (Colombia)
    Asistente 1: Albert Duarte (Colombia)
    Asistente 2: Juan C. Bedoya (Colombia)
    Cuarto Árbitro: César Guillén (Perú)

18. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    Re: el mejor de suramerica para LDU

Bacan saber que Oscar va a pitarle a Liga ese es el que mas me agrada de todos los arbitros :)

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You know its kinda irritating how some Ecuadorians around here (where i live) are accusing Brasilians of cheating because of that ONE referee, their coming up with this whole conspiracy theory how we bought that ref to cheat LDU because Ecuador beat Brasil, which is bull.. if thats the case then i could say Ecuador bought Byron Moreno for Italy vs Korea because Italy beat Ecuador..see how stupid it sounds? im not saying the ones on this board are making these stupid consperacies but where i live i heard alot of crap about this..

No offence but you would think after Byron Moreno, Ecuadorians would be the last ones talking about corrupted referees

20. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Byron Moreno is officially the worst referee in history.

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah he is, I heard they named a toilet paper after him in Italy lol

22. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

why?? bcause he red carded TOTI???

how would you feel if TOTI insult you more than once,and keep interrupting the game everytime???

would you show him a red card?

everybody saw TOTI doing these kid things,so you and your other boyfriend named latinpride are damn wrong

23. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I didn't say anything about Totti. I'm not talking about that game. Even if that game wouldn't have existed, he still is THE WORST REFEREE IN HISTORY.

24. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Agreed. :)

25. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005