Liga NOS 2018/19 - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Nov 10, 2018.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great result, no white handkerchiefs today. 4 points away and they have to still play Porto and Benfica. We can at least catch 3rd and avoid another round of Europa League.

Will watch the highlights later and analyze the formation, but it does seem like our formation change confused them.

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Missed the game today. Big win for us! Did Borja and Ilori have good game?

4. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Missed this one too, but seems like it was one of the best games under Keizer. We really shouldn't be behind braga.

Sounds like all the reinforcements played well and doumbia came on strong too. excited to see more of him.

pretty smart for keizer to switch the formation, we've played the same way for years.

5. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Hope Wendel is okay... He took a pretty hard take to the knee and was still limping after the game

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Thanks for this

Didn't watch but from the comments made Borja especially was one of the best on the field. He's looking to be a good pick up.

Like I said previously, we can still finish 3rd, I have a feeling Braga's luck is going to run out and we can over take them.

From what I saw of the game, the team was much better with a 3-4-1-2 system. Braga didn't have a sniff.

Ilori, Coates and Borja played a back 3, with Ristovski and Acuna as wing backs joining the midfield, but in defensive transition becoming a 5 at the back.

Also helps because the midfield doesn't have to do as much work defensively, even Gudelj looked decent. Diaby also is much better as a second striker, paired with Dost who benefits from a partner up front.

Hopefully we can keep this system going, the 4-3-3 we were playing has been figured out and just not working.

7. danuk86

danuk86 New Member

Tottenham
    England
    Feb 21, 2019
    Hi all, i am in Lisbon on 17th March and was hoping to go to the Santa Clara match.

I just wondered, is there ANY chance this match could change date? Could it be moved to the Saturday at all? Or perhaps moved if Lisbon progress in the Europa tonight?

Also, how hard is it to get tickets for a group of us?

Many thanks in advance!

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Back to the place where the &*%^ hit the fan last year. Maritimo vs. Sporting

Starting XI:

Renan;
    Ilori, Coates, Borja;
    Ristovski, Gudelj, Wendel, Acuna;
    Diaby, Bruno Fernandes, Dost

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Not much to say so far after 20 mins. Bruno Fernandes had a good shot saved and Maritimo also had a chance.

Seems to me we are playing 4-3-3 again.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Dost doesnt score from 2 metres out. What good is he if he cant score anymore?

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    HT 0-0

Another mediocre half. Thankfully Maritimo this year is not that good. Why dont we play the 3-4-1-2 again? Diaby is not a winger, he's fast but thats it. Gudelj again useless.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    2 subs at halftime.

Doumbia for Borja
    Raphinha for Gudelj

Has to be a tactical change

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We've gottsn better at least. Raphinha so far has been good. Maritimo though was close to scoring now.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a save! We're really piling the pressure but cant finish

natenate101 repped this.
  15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coates with a 2nd yellow. He pushed the gk who had the ball. Looks like a 0-0

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    0-0 FT
    To summarize:

Dost is a pylon

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Doumbia should be starting

18. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Bas Dost is a pale copy of what he was last season. At this point, it's not Bruno Fernandes + 10, it's Bruno Fernandes and no one else. What will be of this team when he leaves at the end of the season? There's no money and no more B team.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Its hoping and praying we make money from the players that rescinded.

Rafael Leao for example, I dont think his case is strong and we could win this one. Gelson is the next biggest one but probably tougher. I've heard nothing about Podence or Ribeiro. Speaking of which I"d love to hear an update about this whole situation.

Anyone think Keizer is the long term solution? The guy's win ratio with us has been poor and he just seems to be experimenting so much. If Varandas doesn't have a much better season next year his presidency may be a short one.

20. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hell no. Don't know why he was even brought in. Just another coach to pay out in severance as I'm sure he won't last the term of his deal.

What is the status on these players that rescinded? no news.

21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's hard to judge a coach when the squad is so poor. He won't last, but he didn't even stand a chance.

heavy1981 repped this.
  22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Squad is poor, but not poorer than Braga.

This coach is an embarrassment. Dude doesn't even know what his tactics and squad rotation are. Leaves out Miguel Luis, Jovanne, etc. and calls up 3 goalkeepers for yesterday's game LMAO.

You get what you pay for. A coach who had maybe 6 months of first team management experience at Ajax.

heavy1981 repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets just hope his salary isnt too high, we'll likely end up paying the rest of his contract.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Who do you guys want to see for next year? Prospects look pretty grim out there tbh. JJ again? lol

I have a feeling Varandas is gonna try for Abel but I hope I'm wrong.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    No way not Abel. He sucked as a player and is hyped as a manager. Just lost 3-0 to Porto.

If we wanna stay within Portugal, Silas looks like a good pick. He's relatively young, a former professional footballer, manages a fairly mediocre Belenenses in 7th place right now, and he stays true to his playstyle, not playing longball but playing out the back. Just beat Braga away 2-0.