LIGA GUATEMALTECA (National League)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, May 10, 2007.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Chul0 repped this.
  2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Chul0 repped this.
  3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Basically This. It's like the Liga MX but without their infrastructure, youth set up, or seleccionados nacionales de otros paises :'(

edcalvi repped this.
  4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well I haven't updated this thread for while due to being extremely busy and being disillusioned with league's amount of crappy foreigners, crappy fields, crappy coaches, crappy fan bases , well you get the idea. But Malacateco won away from home for the first time in over 70 games, the clasico is next week, and I saw a very good goal from a 20 year old from Carcha. So I felt this was the time to do so. Anyways, here it goes.

Results
    CsrBdkvUsAAgxt5.jpeg

Table
    CsrCDgHUAAAvrL6.jpeg

Jose Castaneda- Malacateco

Amauri Escoto- Suchitepéquez

#1 Benedicto Aldana- Carcha2

edcalvi repped this.
  5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I wasn't gonna watch the clasico but I saw both Carlos Estrada & John Méndez were starting so I tune in and I'm so glad I did.

The game has been full intensity, fast tempo, and both teams trying to attack even if not many clear cut chances.

So far the best have been:

Municipal:
    Puerari
    Alas
    Flores
    Matta

Cremas
    Estrada
    Aparicio (I think he's back!!!)
    Contreras
    Marquez
    Barrera

HT 0-0

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Min 65 MUN 1 COM 0

Golazo de Danilo Guerra

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    FT MUN 1 COM 0

Well deserved win. Now both teams are tied with wins against each other with 101.

8. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    This was el clásico 295 for the sake of statistics.

9. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Clasico highlights

On a Side note I'm Glad Kevin Elias is getting playing time at Coban after not receiving many opportunities in Costa Rica. Every time I see tinoco or el tronco de Topp starting for Cremas I get mad they let him go (Paolo Ruiz). Interestingly enough, he's partnering Robin Betancourt who's the guatemalan with the most goals this season. Let's hope he can recover his Heredia self.

edcalvi repped this.
  10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Standings after this weekend

Cu7cgEFVYAAf9nO.jpeg

Talking points:
    *Our forwards are on fire. Dani Guerra had a hat trick and Robin Betancourt scored again. They're both behind Tin Herrera (Mex, 11 goals) with 10 and 8 goals respectively.

*Aparicio must be the starting DM for the uncaf. Saravia isn't playing (also in the mls so I don't think he can participate), Dominguez tampoco, Thomson is out of form. Juan Cardona is the only one with an outside chance.

*John Méndez keeps performing. It bodes well that we might have 2 players that can create something out of nothing in the U20. El y altan son los mas creativos.

*Hablando de Altan ...he's fat and not playing much unfortunately.

*Oh and about the u20, I'm still skeptical about Erick Gonzalez, but it appears he learn how to create a long term project from claveri. Reu is top of the table in the 2nd divison.
    Cu-iXFXWgAA2x-8.jpeg
    Top 3 goals

#3 Jairo Arreola

#2 Dani Guerra

#1 Emiliano Lopez

De cuilapa-> Rafa-> Marquez-> Aparicio-> Cuilapa-> Marquez -> Emiliano

Hmmm esto lo aprendieron con claveri lol porque sopegno no creo haha

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Xela doesn't deserve to be there. Directiva mrda.

@Chul0 you're missing Group B.

The Primera División de Ascenso or liga de ascenso for short is divided into two groups of 10 for a total of 20 teams.

12. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Cremas 0-1 Antigua
    LMAO

Chul0 repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    As embarrassing as it is to lose against a team that couldn't beat Alianza, Antigua still has a talented squad.

I mean even still, it ain't as embarrassing as losing against the last place of the league (Petapa 2 Flojos 1) hahahah

and that's without mentioning the 5 year drought of titles they have hahah
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistling::whistling::thumbsup::barefoot::barefoot::laugh::laugh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::notworthy:

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Pobrecito lol

15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Hey Popol desde que te burlaste de papi crema Salaste a municipal:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D
    rojos 1 Malacateco 2

On a side note what Ronald Gomez (arguably the best coach in the league) I'd doing with the Toros should be praised. They play attractive soccer and integrate youth. What else can you ask for ?

16. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I don't care about rojos. I care more about underdogs winning.

17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    U only care about underdogs??? So u do care about rojos then lmao
    :ROFLMAO::D

18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I like Xela and Cobán.

I'm kind of happy for the suspension because Liga Nacional clubs are not allowed to sign any foreigners.

Chul0 repped this.
  19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    CwTxdClUQAAPrut.jpeg

Will this be the third season in a row a non rojo/crema lifts the cup? If sopegno and Machain continue to stupidly leave out their best players (Contreras & Guerra respectively) I think we will

20. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Pobre Carcha. No le sale pero por lo menos intentan a jugar. Meanwhile Mictlan no juega a nada aside from counters thru Apsrilla and Franklin. Any chance Carcha can upgrade their squad and stave off relegation next season?

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, their loyal fan base deserve much better than the shit decisions the crappy ppl in charge have made. And yet they seem to try to attack everyone. I've been particularly impressed by Aldana and Alvizuriz the few times I've seen them.

As for mictlan they're kind of a pointless club. Though tbf they have a guatemalan coach and have the lowest budget out of everyone in the league. Their tactical solidity must be commended

the favorites to get relegated imo

1. Carcha
    2. Petapa
    3. Mictlan
    4. Marquense
    5. Xelajú

in that order

22. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I love Carchá's field.

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    #873 Chul0, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Well another season came to an end and it feels like the right time to update this thread one more time before the year is over. Idk if anyone still comes here but I believe in the importance of documentation, so without further ado let's summarize what happened in the past 6(?) months. However, I must warn you I didn't watch much of it so my takeaways will be at best biased, at worst just plain wrong.

1) Antigua became champions once again obtaining their second "avocado". I honestly don't know how I feel about it. They keep playing multiple foreigners(8 iirc) and though I've been one of Tapia's biggest fans, I felt it was time to move on after their terrible performance in the CCL. However, his teams tend to play attractive soccer even if they get exposed due to lack of balance, so I feel the league is better with him in it.

2) Antigua phoenix-like resurrection must also be commended. They lost their spine (Robinson, Diaz, Ayala) but managed to lift the trophy a year later. The people in charge seem to know what they're doing. Not many clubs would have come back from that scandal.
    *disclaimer: Unless they doped again to win, yes I'm that cynical xD.

3) They say no one remembers the second places but we have to talk about municipal. That 30th-title backpack is getting heavier and heavier every time a year passes without them winning it. This was better exemplified in the way Altan refused to take a penalty. It's been 5 years and the way they lost it today was heartbreaking even if I enjoyed every single second of it (not sorry, aguante el albo haha).

4) They also had a great year winning the regular season though that will be of little consolation to their fans. However, we finally got see the great talent John Méndez is. I've been one of his biggest fans since his u-17 days (he's still 18) and still pisses me off how Altan, Estrada & Mendez will not get a chance in the u-20 due to the f*cked up people in charge. Municipal lacked his incisiveness today which is a testament to his importance to the team.

3) Now let's talk about Cremas. It's the end of era it seems and the future looks bleak. They're repeating the mistakes from el municipal del penta. They just kicked their biggest idol in the last decade in Contreras and to a lesser extent Jairo Arreola. I f*cking hate Sopegno and Gonzales. The dressing room seems to be in shambles and these motherf**kers are responsible. On the bright side they also let Tinoco and Top go. Par de paquetazos.

5) On a positive note (I think), this the first time a "departamental" has won the championship 3 tournaments in a row (Antigua x2, Suchi). @ChaChaFut

6) Last but not least let's take a quick look through the rest of the clubs (they're not less important I'm just tired of typing this on my phone lol).

Malacateco: Wonderful year. They were very unlucky in the away semifinal in the way they bulldozed through the Rojos defence without having much to show for it. Though overall rojos made amends on the return game. I can't help but feel how the Ronald Gomez to Xelaju news destabilize them. Let's see how they do without him this coming semester.

Guastatoya: Very unlucky not to make it to the semifinals. What Villatoro is doing is magnificent. He brings unknowns from the lower leagues and gives them a platform. That's without mentioning how young they are. Let's how they do with 6 more months under their belts.

Coban: Great players though Senna hasn't found the right formula it seems. Most numerous (attendance) fan base in the league though. Well done.

Xelajú: They have been under performing for a while now. But I rate Ronald Gomez very highly so let's see if his magic works with the chivos.

Suchitepéquez: An unforgettable year. Great run in the CCL but horrible in the local league. They didn't have any continuity with their coaches as well. Though the architect of their modern resurgence is back. Let's see what Claveri can make this time.

Marquense: Interesting players, though they're flirting dangerously with relegation. Let's see what Pardo can accomplish.

Mictlan: One of the most pointless teams I've ever seen. Crappy stadium, crappy players and crappy playing style. However, el Chejo must be praised for the work he does on a budget.

Petapa: Interesting players though his coach is an expert in relegations. That should tell you their expectations for this coming season.

Carcha. They're going down. Great stadium and even better fan base though. What a shame.

Now time for the awards:

Top scorer:
    Danilo Guerra (MUN)----14 goals.

Top Goalkeeper:
    Javier Irazun (COM)---15 goals received

MVP de la fase regular:
    Danilo Guerra (MUN)

MVP fase final:
    Carlos Diaz (MAL)

MVP of the Final:
    Victor Bolivar (ANT)

Rookie of the Year:
    John Méndez (MUN)

Moment of the year:
    Fish's retirement. Y asi no mas se nos fue el ultimo idolo :(

Team of the season:
    58570f9f05a45.jpg

Coach: Amarini Villatoro (GUA)

Honorable mentions:
    Irazun(COM), Motta(MUN), Moreno(MAL), Galindo(ANT), Mendez(MUN), Miranda(ANT), Chinchilla(COM), Marquez(GUA)
    Contreras(COM), Puerari(MUN),
    Santeliz(MAL), Betancourt(COB),
    De Leon(MAR), Estrada(COM).

Now on to the good ones:

Paquetazo del año:
    Matias Giammalva (COM)

Hijo de puta del año:
    Unfortunately we have too many so it will have to be shared :)

*Sopegno, Gonzalez and Portilla: Los cerotes se estan cagando en el equipo.

*La Asamblea: Tanta vuya que hicieron los pisados just to vote in favor a month later. Their F-ing tantrum "only" cost us the u-20, u-17, the copa uncaf and consequently the gold cup.

*La Comision. Their F-ing changes are pathetic. To win the Fedefut presidency they now need 38 votes instead of 34. It just means they have to pay 4 extra people :(

*A section of comunicaciones "fans". The ones that don't show up to the stadium but more importantly the ones that destroyed many places in antigua guatemala after the semifinals. Esos culeros metanlos presos.

Final Highlights:
    First leg:

Second leg:

Penalties & celebration

Other than that merry xmass and all that shit. We won't have competitive soccer for the next two years, so these forums will continue to be dead af for a while. Asi a que agarrar furia por que no hay de otra :)

dezeptus, edcalvi, mczh and 1 other person repped this.
  24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I think Antigua is gonna have all their best players ready for CCL. They will have a better performance hopefully.

25. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Maybe. That's if our ban is lifted or else they won't be able to participate.

There are also rumors they will be signing Contreras & Arreola so it seems they mean business. Though to be quite honest, as much as I like Moyo, he's not what they need. They already have Russell. What they're really lacking is Robinson (banned, doping) replacement. A DM that can tuck in between the center backs in the build up and play there if need be. Cause Betancourt isn't convincing enough.

That's y the rumors of Saravia playing there next season made a lot of sense.

edcalvi repped this.