LIGA GUATEMALTECA (National League)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, May 10, 2007.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    1st leg Final:
    Comunicaciones 2 Suchitepéquez 1

*It was a close match. Suchi could've have kill cremas on the counterattack but didn't take their chances. The final is still open.

Ps. Cuanto rojos son venados hoy? Hahahhahaha :)

2. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Anyone watching the final? Does Anyone really care?

Anyways HT still 0-0, but suchi just missed a penalty and Joel Benitez received a red card....everything is still in the air, but suchi has the opportunity of their lives. Let's see what happens

3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Suchi ya va ganado 2-0......they're really close to being champions

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    ¡SUCHI!

Chul0 repped this.
  5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    No me digas que vos tambien sos un rojo disfrazado de venado? Lmfao

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well Suchi has become the champions for the second time in their history and deservedly so. Cremas, even with a broken locker room made it to the final.

Douglas Zamora becomes the first guatemalan coach to raise the trophy since el Grillo Roldan (first to lift it in torneos cortos). And I think this is the first time 2 departmentales van a CCL at the same time @ChaChaFut

I would congratulate suchi fans but we don't have any. Well till next season, I'd probably make a list of all the transfers (there have been a lot) once the transfer window is shut. Til next time

ChaChaFut repped this.
  7. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ese @Popol Vuh es rojo disfrazado de mi chile! Sopegno has to go man.. salió sólo a defender todo el ******** partido

Chul0 repped this.
  8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    He won't tho, I hate his ass more than anyone I think. The players don't even like him.

Also Julio Gonzalez es el que la da indicaciones al cerote, in the first game they showed him en la tribuna hablando por telefono with someone on the bench.

Lo peor es a bunch of players will leave because ivan doesn't get along with them :mad:

9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Damn when was the last time Suchi won a championship???!!! 30 years ago??! @ChaChaFut

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    1983 was their only league title until today. Congratulations to CD Suchitepéquez on dominating the tournament and the final v Comunicaciones.

Douglas Zamora is the first domestic coach to win a title since El Grillo Roldán did it in 1992-93 with Aurora.

edcalvi repped this.
  11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Sorry , I replied before seeing this. Yes I believe this is the first time.

Chul0 repped this.
  12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Highlights

And just a brief recap of titles won in the last 4 years :)
    CjqPGbsUUAAOPSC.jpg

edcalvi repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Best 11 of the season:
    2016-05-30 17.45.55.png

Honorable mentions:
    Guerra(UNI), Diaz (MAL), Mendoza(XEL) Ramos(SUC), Elias (MAR), Matta (ANT), Herrera (ANT), Santeliz (MAL), Rocha (MAL), Motta (MUN), Alas (MUN), Morales (COM), Aparicio (COM), Esquivel (SUC), Miranda (SUC), Salazar (SUC), Arreola (COM) Puerari (MUN), Altan (MUN) Morereira (UNI), Norales (GUA)

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Impressive, easily could have ended at least 5-0 if not more.

15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yeah, though playing with an extra man in the heat of mazate having played 2 less games than cremas in the last 3 weeks sure helps.

But suchi were deservedly the winners. They had the most points accumulated. Too bad their main forward is rumored to be transferring to comunicaciones :(

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    edcalvi repped this.
  17. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    The league is back. Here are weekend Results:
    CnmhbUHUEAE7PuI.jpeg
    Table:
    Cnml963VUAAPLyD.jpeg

I'll be honest guys, I didn't watch any of the games. Not even the friendly between San Lorenzo & Municipal. Though, there are good news

*Rodrigo Reznik made his debut for Antigua due to David Guerra's injury. I've never seen him play but he was the starting goalkeeper for memin when we won the Uncaf u-17 tournament. He's been injured for two years but now he's back. Let's call him up to the u-20. He can't be any worse than Castro & Lemus, right?

* Also, a little premature but these are the favorites to make la liguilla imo (in no particular order)

*Comunicaciones
    *Antigua
    *Municipal
    *Suchitepéquez
    *Coban
    *The last spot could be anyone's, though I feel it'd be between xela/Marquense

18. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Antigua looking ready for the champions league. Not so much Guasta.

19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, though to be fair Guastatoya doesn't have to be ready since they're not in it. Now in Suchi's case I'd start worrying ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:D:laugh:

edcalvi repped this.
  20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Sometimes I hate our league. Gente más mrda todos los dirigentes.

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree. I think it was a Salvadoran journalist (iirc) that put it best. Something along the lines of "La calidad de liga chapina depende exclusivamente de lo que hacen o dejan de hacer sus jugadores por su cuenta. Porque en directivos y entrenadores estan a muy bajo nivel".

I can't say I disagree.

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Weekend Results:
    CoLPY4ZVIAAHjdN.jpeg

Table :
    CoLPcgAWIAAkFuj.jpeg

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch any games again, especially since it was an eventful weekend.

*The people in charge of Suchi were just waiting for an excuse to sack their coach. It's been obvious since preseason.

*We sadly keep ignoring our local coaches.

Coaches nationalities:

Argentina - 4
    Uruguay - 2
    Mexico - 2
    Guatemala - 2
    Costa Rica - 1

* Fish might have an agreement with Antigua gfc.

*On the positive side, John Méndez retained his starting spot with municipal (if Gonzalez doesn't call him up for the u-20 he clearly isn't scouting properly). Also, Richard Rodriguez (18) made his debut for Cremas. Again, let's hope the u-20 coaches leave their bias aside and start calling these guys.

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I haven't updated this thread in a while so I figured it was time

weekend Results :
    CpTjfX-VMAACx2I.jpeg

Table :
    CpTlcgIUsAEq1ZV.jpeg

* Comunicaciones has been the only team with a modicum of consistency, so it's not surprising they're the leaders.

*John Méndez keeps being a starter for Municipal. He had a great assist in their defeat against malacateco. I know I've been hyping this kid for a while but I feel the hype is warranted.

*Coban is still struggling for results. They have one of the best squads & coaches in the league. But due to the turnover of players during preseason the team still looks very much disjointed. Let's hope the people in charge of Coban can be patient.

* Tin Herrera has replaced Kamiani as the best mexican forward in the league. He's currently the leader with 6 goals.

24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Yesterday Results
    CpjRWFVVYAAR-4N.jpeg
    Table (papi sigue Primero con 1 partido menos :)
    CpjTlFVW8AI6pf_.jpeg
    *Due to Mota's injury Nicolas Hagen had a chance to impress, and he sure did. He had a solid game and couldn't do anything for Miranda's golazo. I have high hopes for this kid. If he continues he's development he'll be the future #1 of Guate's NT.

*John Méndez continues to shine. He had another assist in Municipal's 3rd goal. He once again played around 70 mins. I know I've been banging this drum for a while now, but I'll say it again. He has to be a starter for the u-20. Come on Erick do the right thing.

*Miranda sigue pidiendo agritos que lo llame claveri. Hoy metio un golazo y varios pases a goal desperdiciados.

* Alejandro Galindo & José pinto have regressed badly. Let's hope it's just a temporary dip in form.

*Allen Yanez is playing again, so that's positive for the U-20. He played horrible and was responsible in at least 2 of their goals though.

*Mauricio Tapia se tiene que ir. I've defended him many times but I feel now is the time to change coaches. He still hasn't figured out how to provide Antigua with the right balance. Their attack is very good though not very effective. Their defensive tactics however are amateurish at best. That's without mentioning his criminal omission of Herrate in the starting line up.

* Coban gano por Primera vez en casa, Carcha managed their first win & Suchi is finally picking up steam.

25. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    La verdad antes seguía mucho a los rojos. Pero nuestra liga es tan mediocre que ahora me vale queso quien la gane. Lo único que me interesa esq representanten bien a Guatemala en torneos internacionales y que produzcan talento para la selección.