Liga MX

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by danielmak, May 7, 2015.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Obviously 2014 is done and we've got one week left in the 2015 clausura, but I figured I'd start this thread covering this year to avoid overlap with next season if I went with a 2015 thread title.

Anyway, the top of the table is jam packed. The Veracruz game was listed on Unimas for the past few days and now has disappeared from my DTV scheduler. Does anyone know what's going on with this? The Liga MX Web site shows no changes in the weekend action: all games are still listed as starting at the same time that was listed a few weeks back. I checked Univision, Telemundo, Galavision, ESPN Deportes, Azteca America, and Univsion Deportes and the Veracruz match does not appear on the on-screen guide for any of these channels on Friday at 8:30 PM CDT. Am I missing somtheing?

In other news, if there are no changes in the final table, we'd be looking at an America-Chivas derby in the 1/4 Finals. Since the top of the table has changed each week for the past three weeks, I don't see this match-up staying put, but that would be a nice scenario for the neutrals.

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like ESPN Deportes no longer sublicenses the Azteca games. Bummer for me since DirecTV offers my local Azteca affiliate in SD only and offers the national Azteca feed only in SD.

3. anarchism_now2013

Jun 6, 2013
    Nope, that sucks, I am the same with you... but the picture is not that bad to deal with on Azteca . At least for me...but
    Dorados de Sinaloa home games are on nothing here in the U.S....last weekend they had a home game... but we will see them this weekend.

4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what I whipped up. Feel free to cut and paste (changing it for the appropriate local affiliate of course). (There was a 1000 character limit on the form.)

I'm writing to request that either the Azteca América national feed (channel 441) or my local Azteca América affiliate KEMO (San Francisco Bay Area channel 50) be upgraded to HD. Mexican League Soccer (Liga MX) is the most watched soccer league in the USA. Azteca has exclusive rights to the home games of defending champion Santos Laguna, as well as Tijuana, and Morelia (three out of the leagues 18 teams). Although before this season, Azteca America sub-licensed these rights to ESPN Deportes (which you do offer in HD) and they were thus simulcast in HD on ESPN Deportes, as of this season (which just started), this sub-licensing agreement is no longer in place, and these matches are only shown on Azteca America and its local affiliates. As these games are very important to sports fans, especially Mexican sports fans, the largest immigrant community in the country, I respectfully request that this programming be upgraded to HD. Thank you for your consideration.

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot that they have Atlas too so it's actually four teams.

6. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ESPN Deportes has apparently picked up Dorados home matches (or at least tonight's match).....they are currently showing Dorados v. Queretaro live. So recent an acquisition that my TV listings still say "Sports Center".

daniloni repped this.
  7. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Jornada 4: (times EDT)

Tue, Aug 11-
    9:30 pm (UniMas) Club America v, Dorados
    9:30 pm (UDN) Queretaro v Santos
    10:00 pm (Galavision) Monterrey v. Pachuca
    11:00 pm (Azteca) Tijuana v. Veracruz

Wed, Aug 12-
    9:07 pm (NBCU) Leon v. Tigres
    9:30 pm (UniMas) Chivas v. Monarcas
    10:00 pm (UDN) Jaguares v. Cruz Azul
    10:00 pm (Galavision) Pumas v. Atlas
    12:00 am (UDN) Puebla v. Toluca (3 hr delay)

8. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I expected following last Saturday's telecast of the Dorados v. Queretaro on ESPN Deportes that ESPN had possibly struck a deal to carry the Dorados home matches. Their next home match is this Saturday at 10 pm (EDT) and there is currently no ESPN Deportes or any other network carrying this match

9. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    ESPN has now added Dorados v. Monterrey at 9:55 pm Saturday to their listings.

daniloni repped this.
  10. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Thanks, daniloni for that paragraph. I will send an email to DTV about that. We're in the same boat in Chicago. I would prefer that the national affiliate be added in HD since national affiliates are safe from interruption because of weather (a favorite source of on-screen graphics or out-right interruptions). But I don't see DTV budging on this one, unfortunately. I'd love to see a range of stations added in HD to the Spanish pack: NTEL, TV Chile, the Central American stations. All of these stations are pulling HD programming yet air in SD. At one point I was expecting that we'd be looking at full HD within a short window, but recently I read (LA Times, maybe) that the FCC is pressuring local TV affiliates to give up antenna/airwave space because there has been such a rapid growth of cell phone use. Those airwaves are needed for cell signals. The article explained that the best way to do this is to have TV stations shift to SD broadcasts. I can't see that happening but who knows.

11. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DirecTV is (finally) apparently adding the HD feed of my local Azteca affiliate. Apparently KEMO channel 50 in HD (SF Bay Area) is in test mode right now, so this solves the issue for me. It would be nice for everyone else if they added the national Azteca feed in HD so that everyone doesn't have to wait for the local affiliate to be updated (assuming they even have a local affiliate).

12. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Interesting news. I'll have to see what's happening with Chicago.

13. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We have local Azteca America in HD for a more than a year here in dallas tx on directv , channel 55

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not know where to post this but I noticed the other day that Univision Deportes now has a Windows 10 app.

Just like the Android app and the IOS app you are able to stream select matches and the Univision Deportes Network feed.

sitruc repped this.
  15. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    LigaMX starts again next week. That seems really early to me. I thought they usually started in August (at least after Olympics ends). Why the early start? Or is this the normal start?

FYI, this weekend is a super cup (which is really a Copa Libertadores qualifier) and a champions of champions (which most leagues would call a super cup) played between the apertura and clausura winners (both games air on Univision and Univision Deportes).

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apertura start dates:

July 24, 2015
    July 18, 2014
    July 19, 2013

So July 15, 2016 will be earlier than usual but not by much.

Totoro repped this.
  17. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Updated the thread title, since we're now in 16-17.

Friendly Neighborhood Mod Fozzie ;)

18. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. LaxBandit

LaxBandit Member+

Aug 27, 1999
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 LaxBandit, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Beginning July 16th, Liga MX returns to UCI with more teams than before, featuring matches from 13 teams. New teams joining the line-up are Necaxa, Leon and Santos. Match highlights include the return of Necaxa to first division of Mexican soccer and newly acquired rights to home games of León. Univision Network and Univisión Deportes will simulcast the following powerhouses on Saturday nights: América, Monterrey, Guadalajara, León, Tigres UANL, and Cruz Azul. UniMás will also televise matches on Saturday nights.

During the upcoming Liga MX, Torneo de Apertura 2016, UCI will broadcast the following teams - América - Cruz Azul - Guadalajara - Jaguares de Chiapas - León - Monterrey - Necaxa - Puebla FC - Querétaro - Santos - Tigres UANL - Toluca - UNAM.

Below is the full Sábado Futbolero July Schedule -

Week #1 - Saturday, July 16 -
    6:00 pm ET - Querétaro vs Veracruz - UDN.
    8:00 pm ET - Monterrey vs Puebla - Univision.
    10:00 pm ET - Necaxa Cruz vs Azul - UniMás.
    10:00 pm ET - América vs Jaguares de Chiapas - Univision.

Week #2 - Saturday, July 23 -
    6:00 pm ET - Jaguares de. Chiapas vs Pachuca - UDN.
    6:00 pm ET - Cruz Azul vs UNAM - UniMás.
    8:00 pm ET - Tigres vs UANL Atlas - UniMás.
    8:06 pm ET - León vs Necaxa - Univision.
    10:00 pm ET - Guadalajara vs Monterrey - Univision.
    10:00 pm ET - América vs Toluca - UniMás.

Week #3 - Saturday, July 30 -
    6:00 pm ET - Querétaro vs Puebla - UDN.
    8:00 pm ET - Monterrey vs Cruz Azul - Univision.
    10:00 pm ET - América vs Tigres UANL - Univision.

http://corporate.univision.com/2016...l-on-primetime-than-ever-before/?cmpid=143222

20. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So León jumped ship to Univision. Looks like Pachuca is the only team left in Telemundo/NBC Universo's stable.

21. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    My Spanish isn't very good, but for Saturday's Chivas-Leon match on Telemundo they seemed to indicate that you could find English commentary on the SAP. I switched over the audio but they continued the Spanish commentary.

Did anyone else have this experience? I DVRed the game using my cheap OTA tuner, so it might have been a problem on my end.