News: Liga MX Signs English Language US-only Streaming Deal with Facebook

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Feb 13, 2017.

1. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    HomietheClown repped this.
  2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, that's easy enough to get around...

3. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I had not noticed LigaMX on Fox this semester but FS2 is listing multiple games on Tuesday night, but the really strange thing is that DTV is showing LigaMX listings for the same games on Fox Deportes. I can see Univision trading English rights to some games for UCL and/or UEFA WCQ but I can't see Univision trading rights for Spanish coverage of LigaMX. LigaMX is the moneymaker and it would seem that Spanish language coverage of UCL or WCQ ratings are nowhere near ratings for LigaMX (eve if the LigaMX games don't involve the biggest clubs. Is DTV showing inaccurate listings or will Fox Deportes have games in Spanish?

4. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think its a fundraiser to do with raising money for the earthquake in Mexico

http://www.espnfc.com/mexican-liga-...ga-mx-games-in-natural-disaster-relief-effort

5. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    UniMas, Univision Deportes, beINSports1 & ñ, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, FoxSports-2, Fox Deportes, Azteca America, Fusion TV will all show LigaMX matches Tuesday & Wednesday as part of 'Unidos Por Los Nuestros' - a "sports telethon" to raise funds for the victims of the Mexican earthquake as well as hurricane/flooding victims in Houston, Florida & Puerto Rico. All games produced by Univision. Brilliant idea if you ask me...

Schedule: http://soccertvblog.com/tvguide/

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

6. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was indeed a fantastic gesture by those TV networks, obviously put together on very short notice. I only stumbled across those games while channel surfing