Lifting Sal's ban

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by P to the Wee, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It's black right now. It's usually grey otherwise.

meazza repped this.
  2. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I feel you bro .

3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #203 Calcio Pauly, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016

What if he does?
    Why would he have to apologize for your misunderstanding? It's the reverse. He's called a racist for your perception. You have no proof, just perception and then scrutiny. All of which have been grossly stretched.

4. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
  5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Probably? Based on what? My grandfather used to call the wife of my cousin, who was as white as they come, an "animal" because she never acknowledged him when she came into the room. The brother dated a girl of color. She was Brazilian, she came into the room with energy and always greeted him with respect, even calling him Nonno. She was not an animal to him. She was kind and proper. Those were his beliefs.

Skin color or
    Behavior?

This is a true story.

My experiences lead me to believe that the term, when aimed at humans, is intended to describe behavior. Your experience says otherwise. What makes your experience more correct? Your trigger finger may give you the power to enforce your opinion, but you don't have a right to tell us we have to share it.

My experience tells me that this question will also go unanswered, which answers it well enough for me and many others here.

6. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    meazza repped this.
  8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This equivocation did not work then, when he tried it, and it does not work now.

9. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Just because you plug your ears and refuse to listen toe reason doesn't make you right but since you have access to the button you could do what you want

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Is the word "animal" polysemantic?

Also, I know you'll probably get to it, but when you can show us those white supremist sites that Sal quoted, that would be great.

11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has not been a reasoned argument from your camp yet. It's been a string of unsupported assertions, some gasps of disbelief, and a few attempts at insults.

The only reason you are hearing from us on this is because someone saw fit to promote a false story depicting him as a victim of some conspiracy concocted by one moderator in the Italy forum. You've heard directly from the people who issued the three bans against Sal explaining why those bans were issued and we've made it clear that the conspiracy narrative is a fantasy. You don't like the standards used? Fine, we'll live with that. But this is a moderated site and Sal was given ample warning about the standards of moderation. He chose to ignore the warnings. Simple as.

Dante and MatthausSammer repped this.
  12. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Already the assertion of racism is a stretch and heavily drenched in bias and left wing microaggressions. You could keep regurgitating your comments about how we're misinformed but I strongly suggest you take a look in the mirror.

13. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    This thread reminds me of my favorite quote:

14. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still haven't answered MY question, either. Even if the racism thing was complete nonsense, how do you justify his continued violations of site standards that followed?

15. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    His violations after were only exaggerated in your eyes because of his initial racism claim. I'm probably a bigger offender than the one they call Sal.

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is easily said with regards to your moderating standards.

You've claimed that Sal rarely spoke about soccer. I showed you that was false.

I guess you must be referring to this:

Still no explanation why an inital one month ban was increased by another month with no postings made whatsoever. Why is it that you guys go to great lengths to explain nothing at all with empty rhetoric. I ask a simple question multiple times and nothing.

I want to be proven wrong so I can go over to Sal's and slap him silly. So where's this evidence of quoting white supremist websites?

Midfield General repped this.
  17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This issue is pretty much beating a dead horse which has been dug up a few times, but one bit of clarification: He did not compare the protesters to animals, he outright called the protesters animals.

And if my memory serves me correct there were 1 or 2 others who also got redded during that time as well. The poster in question was definitely not targeted. And it also did not happen in the Italy forum. FFS, most of us didn't know who that poster was until he made that post.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Because of what? Race or actions?

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads...limit-for-today.2015578/page-63#post-32152345

" ********ing animals destroying baltimore, they are destroying their own neighborhoods."

Clearly referencing their behavior. How can anyone miss that, or ignore it?

Need more?

"Because if they realized what they were doing they wouldn't do it. Some of are trying to dissuade the rest from destroying the city "

Yet another post referencing behavior
    Someone asks:

"What should they have done instead?"

"Not destroy the city"

All of the references point to behavior.

I ask again, why was it ok to interpret race, and what does that say about the one choosing to look at it because of soon color and not behavior?

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can it be Sheva?

20. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    No it has to be one of us.

21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I say we leave Sal banned and let him come back as RomaBud. No one will know it's him.

BobanFan and Midfield General repped this.
  22. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    until they suspect it might be him with no proof and serve him with a 1 month ban on some trumped up charge....or maybe even no charge at all yet he still gets a ban

BobanFan and Midfield General repped this.
  23. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Didn't Sal come back as game over?

24. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's gunna come back like Jordan, wearing the 4-5.