Libertadores Semifinals: Who Wins? [r]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoccerScout, Jul 21, 2006.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Who wins the Libertadores?

2. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    damn i dont want chivas to win but they got a strong squad so they have a good chance to win

3. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    inter and são paulo have grestest teams of tournament.

but são paulo's team have problems to play against chivas.

4. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    Sao Paolo fears Chivas. Chivas already broke Sao Paolo's years long unbeaten streak at Sao Paolo's stadium, and with 10 players.

5. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Sao Paulo takes it.

6. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Please kid, try not to say bullsh!t.

We dont fear any european team, why would we fear a mexican team we hardly knew existed before last year?

We may even lose, but WE are the only big guns in these semifinals.

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think Sao Paulo.

8. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    because they took you out last year...:rolleyes:

9. lnfected

lnfected New Member

Jul 8, 2006
    usa
    sao pau who? haha got owned TWICE. chivas taking this cup

10. NitrousOxide

NitrousOxide New Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Serravale San Marino
    How did they do that if Sao Paulo were champions ? :rolleyes:

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Are you confusing SPFC with Boca Juniors? :confused:

Chivas did eliminate Boca last year, but then Chivas itself was knocked out by Atletico Paranaense.

12. MRod

MRod Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Despite the fact that Sao Paulo has already started playing and has some consistent form, Chivas are taking it simply because we have the team to do it.

13. Aztlan Liberator

Aztlan Liberator New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    California
    I AGREE, CHIVAS IS GOING TO BEAT SAO PAOLO AND WILL TAKE THE COPA LIBERTADORES.

THE ONLY REASON CHIVAS DIDN'T TAKE IT LAST YEAR WAS BECUASE 6 PLAYERS GOT CALLED UP FOR THE CONFEDERATIONS CUP. THE GAME WERE CHIVAS' (B TEAM) LOST TO ATLETICO PARANAENSE.

POR LA RAZA TODO; FUERA DE LA RAZA NADA.

[​IMG]

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol these Chivas fans are pretty confident, its gonna make Sao Paulo's victory even sweeter.

Yeah we lost last time but we're not gonna take you lightly again this time around

Sorry we're taking the cup again, your little fairy tale ends at Morumbi

15. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I think Chivas has just a good chance, maybe even a better one, than Sao Paolo. However, Libertad is playing a hell of a tournament and nobody is mentioning them. I think Guadalajara will make it to the final and probably lose in Penalty kicks to Libertad. The only thing that might be different is that Bobadilla is now keeping for Boca Juniors, so maybe it will be Guadalajara and Inter.
    Lets just hope Rogeria Ceni (who is a great keeper) doesnt run up and take the ball before the guy kicks it.

16. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I noticed that nobody bets on São Paulo. Even before the tournament started.

17. julio like woah

julio like woah New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    CAL.
    i dont know why but i have a strong feeling that São Paulo will underestimate chivas again...
    for some weird reason chivas plays alot better away than at home. i see 0-0 at guadalajara and i see a chivas 2-0 win in brazil..

besides chivas for some werid reason always plays better under preasure.

who ever gets threw this round between chivas and São Paulo will most deff take the linbertadores hands down..

18. ocampeon1126

ocampeon1126 New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    did you guys not see how well libertad played against river plate home and away. i wouldnt be surprised if libertad wins it this year

19. ChivaCongelado

ChivaCongelado El Campeonísimo

Oct 25, 2004
    Brussels, Belgium
    Well, you sure do know now about us, huh? ;) Keep on thinking that Chivas is not a big gun, and you'll lose again.

This will be a very difficult series (after all, Sao Paulo is leading the Brasileirao), but I'm confident that Chivas will know how to get to the final, as they are not playing against a team they don't know. If they don't, well, shit happens. Good luck to both and may the best win.

The Internacional-Libertad series is also very good, with the other two best teams in this cup. With this semifinal matchups, the final will be a thrill.

20. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil
    Im not saying it will be easy, of course Sao Paulo will have to show their best game to win. What I thought was bullsh!t is the thing about Sao Paulo "fearing" Chivas.

As I said, we are big enough not to fear any team in the world.

Chivas may be big in Mexigo, but the true is that in south america we really didnt have much information about them till some yars ago. But you are a good team. I takes a really good team to beat us at Morumbi, even in our worst performance in the year.

21. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    No team ever fears anyteam, or else they would never play. But you have to admit that a team that beat Sao Paolo twice, broke your 19 year unbeaten streak, and eliminated the top team in this years competition (Velez-Sarsfield, who was undefeated til that moment) with 1 man down as a visiting team, has to worry some people. Whether its fears of not making the same mistake or even revenge for the losses. You know Sao Paolo is going to go into this game extra prepared.

Maybe it was just you, as much as i want to believe that YOU didnt know about CHIVAS, it is far-fetched to believe that, since you use the word WE as in everybody, in Brazil or Sao Paola fans, the directors, and players have never heard of Guadalalajara. If people in Greece, England know about them, i dont believe Brazil didnt.
    Just say you refuse to believe that a Mexican team can be as big or maybe bigger than Sao Paolo. Im a CRUZ AZUL fan (yeah,yeah of course youve never heard of us either, right), but I acknowledge the size and importance of teams like Guadalajara and America. Along with CRUZ AZUL, these teams, and some others, draw fans where ever they go. When UNAM Pumas (i know, i know, you never heard of them either) played Real Madrid a couple years back, there was a big section of Puma fans at the Santiago Bernabeu.
    Dont turn into an Argentinian and start disrespecting Mexican teams just because you guys lost 2 times to them. Perhaps that is your hidden fear. Psychologically you want to convince yourself that Chivas is small potatoes and it cant happen a 3rd time. Hate to break it to you but Guadalajara is one of the many big potatoes.

Yes, of course, it had nothing to do with the rival on the field. Sao Paolo played by themselves and they had a bad game.

22. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, I can assure you that nobody knows about mexican clubs here in Brazil.

23. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    Nobody! There are 100s of millions of people in Brazil and you asked everybody and nobody knows anything? In the computer-age, with high-speed internet, nobody knows anything? Sounds very primative to me.

24. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I also know that there are club competitions in Africa, but I don't bother knowing about it...
    It seems that you mexicans are very sensitive about not being recognized. Always argumenting about your NT and about how good your league is. The truth is that nobody cares and you shouldn't worry about it.

ps: Our population is over 180 million people.

25. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    To me its not so much the sensitivity as it is your superiority complex to assume that you dont, so therefore nobody does. As if youre the measuring stick in Brazil, so if you dont know about Mexican teams, then nobody in Brazil does. That was my argument, I wasnt saying the world must recognize Mexican futbol power! I was saying its far-fetched to believe that nobody in Brazil knows anything about Mexican soccer. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point either.
    PS. Somebody was just born, its 180,000,001
    PSS. Never mind somebody died its back to 180 million even.