Libertadores: Octavos -- News, results, etc. [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by chaski, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Funny how you have to attack me instead of respond to my question.

After all, it is always the reserve team or the ref screwed up.

2. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

coming from a fan of a team who tried to ditch out of playing in high altitude and complained that they lost because the refs were favoring boca (when they weren't even playing them) :rolleyes:

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Yeah but he's still in no position to make remarks about other clubs when his own team cries more than CRonaldo.

I don't understand where the remark came anyway because I haven't seen any excuses from Boca fans here when we have lost. Especially when it was completely fair like this game. The ref did screw us over in the Libertad game. But we still tied and later won like champions do.

I did see alot of Flamengo fans crying about the ref and two penalties when they lost.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I couldn't find a webcast so I had to settle for a radio broadcast from some Buenos Aires station and when the dude nearly had an orgasm after Boca opened the scoreline, I closed the browser and figured Boca was going to either win or at least leave Colombia with a draw.

I turn the PC again just now and found out it was 3-1, Cúcuta.

Hmmm.

Cúcuta beat up fourth-ranked Toluca, defeated Nacional at home and drew in Uruguay, and now they've beaten Boca Juniors 3-1 at home. In the group stage, they were unbeaten at home, lost only once (Cerro at Paraguay), did not lose in Porto Alegre, and defeated Grêmio 3-1 at home.

Too bad I couldn't find a webcast. This is turning out to be a very interesting team. I've read it's got fast players.

Those of you who watched this match, please describe this team. What's its preferred formation... 4-4-2? 4-3-3? What's its forte?

I BETTER find a webcast for the return game next week (and one for the Santos vs. Grêmio match as well. The Libertadores is too hot at this stage for me not to watch).

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Again, who are you to talk?

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Quote ME when I said that. Or are you just taking words out of the vice president's mouth and sticking it into mine?

My remarks were based on things that people HERE said, not what their president or vice president said.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yes, I'm beginning to feel the same way. A Boca-Santos or Boca-Gremio final would have far more tradition and history behind it, but one of the marvelous aspects in sports is the underdog turning into a darkhorse and then overcoming all odds.

Who knows. :)

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oh yeah, find me where? The only team it was brought up was when people came on to here to whine about bad refs. No Flamengo fans came to whine about losing after having two unmarked calls. That was the whole point.

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    If you can't see the difference between a home team hitting the post in the first half to tie the game and the away team hitting the post at the end of game getting another important away goal then you have some problems.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A fan of the game and a member on these boards. Who are you to tell me what to say or what not to say?

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Alrite Cucuta won. What's there to argue about? :)

Metro

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well you coming to talk about another club making excuses is like a Liverpool fan talking bad about another club's rowdy fans and calling them murderers.

It's a case of Pot. Kettle. Black.

But go ahead say all you want sweetheart.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Nothing, nothing. They were the better club tonight.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How is that so? When have I made excuses about my team losing?

On the other hand, everytime your team has lost you blame it on the reserve squad or the ref blowing the call.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well in the group stages the only games Boca lost they played with bench players.

But no one has made any excuse when Boca has lost since then. The only blaming was made when the ref incorrectly called a goal offside against Libertad. Any fan would have complained because it was completely obvious it was onside. And Boca didn't lose the game they tied.

And here's you complaining about PK not called:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11504731&postcount=213

And here's you talking about the fact that the ref was Argentine:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11504741&postcount=8

But it's true most of the crying was by sidis. You would think he was a Flamengo fan :rolleyes:

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    cucuta plays a 4-4-2 diamond formation... and they have really fast wing backs especially bustos who is amazing at free kicks has 3 of them so far. Also Castillo is a race horse... but if he could only pass !!! Cucuta has a striker who is a sub Pajoy who is fast as lighting too bad they put him in too late in the game because if he had at least 10 mins he def would have scored a few... they put him in when the other teams defense is tired and disposes of them quickly

I cant wait till next week and think its going to be an extremly hard game especailly because both cucuta and boca are fighting to be champions of their leagues. I see Boca as a harder team than either the brasilians tho I prefer santos because they seem easier to beat, but we beat Gremio already so anything is possible

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Cool. Thanks for the info. If Cucuta reaches the final it should be interesting. I just saw highlights... Cucuta's goals were far prettier than a lot of the goals in this year's Libertadores. The assist to the first goal was a beauty; hell, the first goal was a beauty as well. The second... I felt bad for Bobadilla. The third was a great free kick.

IF Cucuta withstands Boca's initial assault and the game stays level, and THEN if Cucuta manages to score one in Buenos Aires, then the pressure will be on Boca.

I'm now rooting for Cucuta! Seems like a fun team to watch! (But I'm only rooting for them next week; if they reach the final my allegiances switch back to Brazil ;)

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I remember the '03 final in Bs. As. between Caldas and Boca, and specially on the 2nd half, Boca were just coming and coming and Henao stopped everything!

Metro

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :) so do I Henao was a monster... too bad he is so old... he went to brasil and .... yea he isnt that good now... Once was basically a team that was inspired and had 2 amazing players Elkin el Sultan Soto who is in germany and John Viafara in england, and a amazing coach who sadly got shot shortly after the world club cup being assulted :(

the thing that worries about Cucuta is they give to many free kick possibilities taht is murder against an argie or brasilian team, also cucuta doesnt kick from far away which is the diff w/ them and Once Caldas ... Viafara had a rocket foot and thats how they scored in BS and made it go to PKs... especially when Bocas goalie was hurt taht was the perfect time to test him and they never did, Cucuta would have won by like 10 if they did because the goalie could hardly move much less jump

20. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're right.

Metro

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Henao put on one of the best goalkeeping displays I have ever seen in that whole Libertadores.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yea i was upset how he was treated after... Rueda gave him a shot at the NT but then gave him a C list defense he got score on 3 times by a Tevez Lead Argentina and never given another shot after that all went down hill he went to Santos Brasil keep gettin injured and now is at MIllos in Colombia fighting to be their #1... tho he will be at the sudamericana hopefully he can relive those glory days but I am still upset how he was treated and never given another shot

u cant compare havin a defense of ivan cordoba, Yepes and Luis Perea to having
    Orozco.... who is basically the only player in that D that went any were but he sucks...

glad that Pinto is takin what he considers the best players colombia has at the moment to the copa... want a little revenge on the argies.. tho I love Messi and Tevez :) not goin to lie about that haha

24. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dont forget Boca-Chivas 2005 with jesus corona

Its a goalies game

25. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Un partido caliente que se jugó 24 horas

Los ruidos molestaron el descanso de los jugadores. No había agua en el vestuario. Tensión entre los hinchas locales y los 300 de Boca.

More...