Libertadores 2011 TV coverage complaints, banter, etc. [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Mosco, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I think Wednsday are the better games I will tune in for sure on Wednsday

Thanks again Mr. River Plate

2. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Copa Santader Libertadores 2011 TV schedule

Can somebody tell me the exact schedule of the group of Emelec of Ecuador? Exact time, day, etc. I would appreciate it.

3. johnie1

johnie1 Member

Oct 30, 2006
    cork, ireland
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Here you go:

Mie/Wed 16.02.2011 19.00 00.00 6 Emelec (ECU) vs. Internacional (BRA)
    Mar/Tue 22.02.2011 19.30 00.30+ 6 Emelec (ECU) vs. Jorge Wilstermann (BOL)
    Mar/Tue 08.03.2011 02.45+ 6 Alianza Lima (PER)/Jaguares de Chiapas (MEX)vs. Emelec (ECU)
    Mie/Wed 16.03.2011 19.50 00.50+ 6 Emelec (ECU) vs. Alianza Lima (PER)/ Jaguares de Chiapas (MEX)
    Jue/Thu 07.04.2011 23.00 6 Jorge Wilstermann (BOL) vs. Emelec (ECU)
    Mar/Tue 19.04.2011 20.15 23.15 6 Internacional (BRA) vs. Emelec (ECU)

4. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

For the schedule of the Copa Libertadores, I am guessing that the first team posted would be the local team and the second team is the visiting team. Is that correct? Thank your for your insight.

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Yes.

In the future, let's not clog up the Libertadores TV schedule thread with unrelated information.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Thank you, I appreciate it.

7. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania

I was checking the schedule for February, and the full begining of the group stages coencides with the CHampions League roound of 16 games, and for some reason Fox Deportes here in the US, instead of showing live games of Libertadores will show delayed games of Champions League. I dont know why cause FoxSoccer will show those games a million times, and so will msg.
    On Feb 15, instead of showing Velez - Caracas, they will be showing the delay of Valencia - Shalcke, and this will go on in the future weeks whenever there's champions. Is there a way to complain at Fox Deportes about this ? I mean do they really need to be showing these games on delay when they could be showing live games ?
    Do people really watch delayed games ?

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

This happened last year. Sadly there isnt anything we can do, and it doesnt make sense. :(

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If anybody has money to invest, there is a great niche opportunity for a network that concentrates solely on South American football. Nothing else, please!

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I'd LOVE to see a GOLTV Dos, which would carry only south american soccer league games and libertadores games. Francescoli get on it!

11. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Fox Deportes is cheap and it's inexcusable for a big network not to offer HD.

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You mean like GolTV Premium which exists in some countries?

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Hmmm.... probably lol. Doesnt exist here in the US though.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hol sh!t: 3 games live on Thursday. :eek:

Qué bicho les habrá picado a los imbéciles de Fotzz Sports? :rolleyes:

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I gotta say I enjoyed Mariano Closs' and Fernando Niembro's work during Cruzeiro's rout of Estudantes. They were effusive in their praise and verbose in their description of how well Cruzeiro played. The only thing I didn't like was that when Cruzeiro's Brazilian players scored, their "GOOOL" was contained; when Montillo, an Argentine, scored for Cruzeiro, one would've thought Estudantes had scored. The Argentine bias, I guess.

16. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Honestly, i hope both Niembro and Closs die in a fire. To me they're pretty much everything what represents bandwagoning. But fortunately, at least in Argentina, it seems that the tyranny of FOX Sports and their squad of unprofessional clows is coming to an end.

HAH!

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I still remember a post I made years ago about how Mariano Closs ends every word which ends w/ "O" with an "A."

AL PALA IZQUIERDA! TUZZA! CICINHA! LUCIA! GAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!

And you were the first one to reply, saying that's exactly the way he talks.

I gotta admit it's grown on me. It's kinda amusing now. :D

18. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Every time there are champions league games, and fox deportes shows delayed champions league games, they still show the mexican teams live. This is really insulting for all of us who want to see the teams from our countries playing live as well.
    Is there way they could create a fox deportes plus or something like that?
    They could show all the libertadores cup games live, instead of showing the delayed tape champions league game, and we will get a chance to watch all the other participants live, not only the mexicans.

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Great post. ^^

20. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Agree 100 %. I am Mexican but since my wife is Colombian I reallly got into Colombian soccer. I try to watch Junior, Tolima and Once Caldas but most games are tape delayed bc of champions league replays (which is super stupid) or Mexican team playin in Libertadores. I mean, I rather watch once vs Libertad than crappy san luis vs san martin. And this week they are not gonna show Tolima vs cruzeiro! People at fox is stupid, I dont think there are many Mexican who even care about san luis o chiapas. I think they should have a poll in their website to allow fans vote for which games they wanna watch, that way real fans would have a chance to watch the best soccer matches. Of course, whenever Chivas or Atl Nacional play there would be no choice, they got to be shown live!

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If Fox Deportes wants to show one Champs. League live, to me that's fine. That would leave their schedule open for everything after 5 PM EST (or 530ish if said game goes into ET/PKs).

Between the Fox regional networks, FSC and FS+ there is 3---three!!!---outlets that can show the Champs. League games live at any one time slot while FD can focus on the Libertadores. It's not like right now there are so many Champs. League games going on, anyway.

People at FD should really start applying some common sense already.

22. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Bottom line:

FOX Deportes can get more viewers with UEFA Champions League same-day re-air at 10pm ET (7pm PT in Los Angeles, i.e. after day laborers return home from work for dinner) than with live Copa Libertadores group stage matches NOT involving teams from Mexico.

The U.S. Hispanic market is 65-70% Mexican, with most of that group living in the Los Angeles TV market. You probably already know that.

Once the knockout stage starts, all Copa Libertadores matches will be live on FOX Deportes. Viewership picks up once the knockout stage starts.

23. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    The U.S. Hispanic market is 65-70% Mexican, with most of that group living in the Los Angeles TV market. You probably already know that.

So, because of that percentage of Mexicans, we have to watch only the Mexican teams live?
    That's really not fair, I am from Chile and I want to watch the chilean teams playing live, as well as the teams from the other countries.
    Dont' forget that the mexican teams are invited here by COnmebol.
    I have nothing against the mexicans, but the fact that they are the big majority, does not mean that the rest of us have to accept that.
    Fox Deportes wil have to think about that.

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

that % could be a lil higher in california and tejas.....that is why, we are screw///

but, this mexican program from FOXDeportes is considering a change of air time, since few complaints came to LAX office

PLEASE EMAIL HERE...no insults, but good reasons; dicen ser la tribuna mas grande del mundo

tribuna@fox.com

el chileno del programa, un examerica, is taking the emails into consideration

do it often, and LISTEN TO THEM LATER TONITE....I TRY TO SEND THEM ONE every nite....we need 200 like U

25. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Unfortunately it all comes down to ratings. i doubt that all 65% of mexicans even care about libertadores but mexican teams are a safer gamble in terms of getting fair ratings. If u own a bar and have only 1 tv, and there are 7 mex and 3 southamericans not even from the same country drinking, which game would u think everybody would be watching?