Liberals, the Gift That Keeps Giving

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by FeverNova1, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would involve them taking a side against Arabs, which they would consider rather rude and American-like. If Serbia sided with the Janjaweed and the Sudanese government, the EU would jump in to stop things in a heartbeat...

2. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Am I reading this right? You're not seriously suggesting that Serbia weren't any worse that the Croats or Bosnians, are you?

3. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that the Serbs were the only ones that got bad press because of their Civil War actions. Yes, some Croats did get in trouble for their own atrocities (and there were plenty), but not with the fervor and fanfare that Western Europe and the American Left went after pretty much the concept of Serbian identity, let alone the Bosnian Serbs...

4. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'm not going to disrail this thread, but I can't not say this: the bad press that the Serbs received was exactly proportional to how much they deserved it. There was a clear bad guy in this conflict, even if none of the good guys wore a white hat.

Incidentally, among the (very) radical left, you'll find a disturbing number of people who believe that the Serbs got a raw deal.

5. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I'm watching the news last night, and I see that a miracle has occured. It seems that for only the SECOND time in history fire has melted steel.

A tanker caught fire under a bridge and it melted the steel frame of the bridge causing the bridge to collapse.

Wonder if the View will talk about this. If they'll issue a correction stating "Sorry, one of our members obviously spouts off at the mouth about things that she has absolutely no knowledge."

Actually, Rove must have heard of this and it was all a conspiracy to discredit rosie (and those who have tried to say the same junk) and they blew up the bridge with explosives.

Have they gotten that "expert" to come on the show yet?

I realize I shouldn't give this much time and energy to an idiot like her, but the studio audience clapped and cheered her like they believed her. And a lot of people at home probably believed her too and didn't bother to find out anything for themselves and are walking around with this "fact" in their heads.

6. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that film this morning.

7. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Like Noam Chomsky for one. He also has ALOT of supporters here on bigsoccer. Even after he defended a Holocaust denial book. Bigsoccer: home of the radical left.

8. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
  9. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Well on one hand it shows the hypocrisy of Bigsoccer's radical left because they troll out Bush's numbers all the time but ignore the Congress numbers.

On the other hand I don't think you can really give the Democrats marks this low yet. What have they done wrong? Did people think that if we elected a Democrat house that we would magically leave Iraq over night? Plus everytime the Democrats come up with something Bush just promises to veto it anyway.

10. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Good point, they really haven't done anything yet.

It's Bush's fault.

11. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread. Saw a car with a bunch of animal rights bumper stickers on it last night. One of them read (from what I can remember):

"If you want to eat more meat. You should kill it yourself and eat it raw so you won't have to deal with the hypocracy of having your meat processed for you."

Now, if we take this line of thinking further, shouldn't these people have to put their own waste in their backyard compost pile so they don't have to deal with the "hypocracy" of having their $h*t processed for them with the public sewage system?

And these people actually think themselves intelligent and clever?