Liberals, the Gift That Keeps Giving

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by FeverNova1, Jan 31, 2007.

1. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Biden destroys campaign early.

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said.

2. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Whatever happened to all that 'content of character' stuff?

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent...Another one bites the dust! With Kerry out too this week was a twofor for liberal candidacy campaign burial... With a year to go I'll bet all the Democrats cannibalize each other... Perhaps that Biden quote can be recycled.... :)

4. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    This is coming from a liberal: good riddance, Joe Biden (even though your plan for Iraq is the only one likely to work anymore).

5. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Biden ever a serious choice? The Dems have not one but two stunt picks leading the pack already, and when the DNC needs a white guy to actually be the nominee, I doubt Biden would be at the top of their list...

6. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Why do you think of Clinton and Obama as "stunt" picks, other than because of her sex and his race?

As Chris M and I have been fond of mentioning, Obama started his primary run for the Senate at the bottom of a six-candidate race, which include a Democrat machine candidate and a millionaire willing to spend himself to victory. Not only did Obama win >50% of votes in the six-candidate race, but he polled surprisingly well in rural and downstate regions of the state. The GOP considers Obama's candidacy as a stunt at their own peril.

And no, I don't think Biden was ever a serious choice. He's so slick and oily that he makes Clinton seem like George Bailey.

FWIW, I think the candidate to look out for on your side of the aisle is Mike Huckabee.

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly why, and we'll get that point rammed down our throats from now until the DNC shows their true feelings towards minorities and pushes a bland WASP male to the head of the pack...

Was that among rural and downstate Dems or the general election?

I have no doubt he can sell himself well, considering he was considered a front runner for 2008 with less than two years of service in the Senate, but I'm saying the Dems won't let it get that far, mainly because they don't really like black people, they just like to exploit them for political power...

8. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been a good week for Conservatives; on Monday Obama's madrassa origins were explored, on Tuesday Hillary's weaknesses were on exhibit, on Wednesday Molly Iven's vindictiveness was ended, on Thursday Joe Biden's politican career was buried, and now Friday we find out Democrats in the Hispanic caucus are turning canibal.

Added to our week's celebration was our president being cheered on Wall Street and the Stock Market reaching ever higher levels...

Liberals, conversely, had a very bad week! Good.

9. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    :rolleyes:

10. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    The DNC pick is likely to be Hillary, if it isn't already.

Both, although I don't know whether he won a majority in all districts during the general election.

That's preposterous. Presently, Hillary is the front runner, and she also has the biggest war chest. Edwards could do well, although it's tough to think of too many characteristics that Edwards has that Obama lacks, and Obama doesn't have a reversed position on the Iraq war to explain.

The GOP field could be interesting. My gut feeling is that McCain and Rudy won't get very far. Had McCain taken the Chuck Hagel route and positioned himself as a Bush/war critic, he would have maintained his appeal among moderates. Oddly, he appears to have gotten closer and closer to Bush just as Bush's approval ratings have hit the toilet. And Rudy simply cannot withstand a negative campaign; everybody in the field will continually remind Republican voters of his Catholicism, pro-choice stance, pro-gay rights stance, divorces, affairs, Manhattan cosmopolitanism, and connections with Bernie Kerik. And this is just the right wing! Imagine what will happen when the left brings up his callous statements re: clear-cut police brutality cases.

Huckabee, like Obama, can speak comfortably before both religious and secular audiences, and he feels more comfortable among heartland audiences than Guiliani does. A Huckabee/Obama competition certainly has the potential to be mostly positive, too.

Then again, I'm speaking from the gut. I'll probably be totally wrong, and we'll end up with Rudy vs. Dodd.

11. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Looks like the Dems have chosen their/our destiny.

In Allah We Trust

12. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I wonder what odds they're giving on Richardson?

I wouldn't underestimate him. Hillary is pretty brittle, if she falls, it will be like humpty dumpty.

13. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Well, in the primary, he started at the bottom, but the front runner self-destructed and laid the race pretty wide open.

Interestingly enough, in the Senate race, Obama's opponent found himself on the wrong end of a kinky sex scandal. The Republicans then had to go to Maryland to find an opponent, who was a joke.

I am not saying Obama wasn't formidable in both instances -- it's, well, he had a bit of good fortune.

Finally, I don't think anyone considers Obama's candidacy a stunt. But he can hide behind the "let's have nicey nice dialogue amongst ourselves" for so long. He will take up his positions, and they will be seen as considerably leftist/liberal.

I think both his and Hilary's candidacies are historic in nature. While there are always going to be yahoos who will vote for them, or not vote for them, on the basis of their race/gender, I think most of the electorate will make their decisons base on their political and policy views.

14. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I bet all you morons (me included) didn’t know that fire cannot melt steel. Rosie says it’s physically impossible.

This entire video is painful to watch.

What’s sad is the applause by the sheep in the studio audience.

15. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dang you to heck under its ruler phil for that.

So, was this yesterdays show? How long ago was it? And I'll be waiting for their physics expert (although they should really be getting a structural engineer).

Of course pigs will fly before they actually have an expert on the show to show how wrong rosie is.

16. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Ha ha ha!! You guys watch The View!

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    You always know when you're getting under a liberal's skin, the first sign is when they trot out the gaysmack.

You'd think that liberals consider homosexuals to be deviant oddballs.

18. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I DVR it, and fast forward to the parts where Elisabeth Hasselbeck is on.

[​IMG]

Not really. I've never seen minute one of the show.

19. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    It's not actually gaysmack. Gay men, to my knowledge, don't watch The View either.

20. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca

Except when they have Barry Manilow as a guest......

21. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    His audience strikes me more as 60-year-old Jewish women from New Yawk.

22. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I thought that would be more Babs Streisand or Neil Diamond.

23. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Alas, Englebert Humperdink is finally over the hill

24. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Probably a lot of cross-over in those audiences.

Although, seriously, Neil Diamond's mid-60s pop songs are actually pretty good.

25. Johnny RedBull

Johnny RedBull New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Bojendyk neg repped me because he is a little baby that doesn't like getting his feelings hurt. What an asshole. :)