News: LFC's new owners

Discussion in 'Everton' started by patfan1, Oct 7, 2010.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I live in the Boston area, but I'm one of the few Boston sports fans that really doesn't care for the Sox (like to see them win, but don't overly care).

So ... thoughts from the Blues side on the new owners for LFC?

2. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll spend money. LFC is lucky. They have a name the casual American soccer fan recognizes.

3. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure how much i care about LFC - apart from "if they didn't exist we wouldn't have our great derby days" - but come on... they've been bought TWO TIMES and Billy-boy can't find us ONE????

Now, I don't want a fair-weather "the glory is all mine" owner, and that might be the sticking point in the sale of our club, but FFS... It really makes you wonder about BK and how hard he is working to find us a new investor!

4. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I dunno if i would want an american investor in Everton. Soccer is still a fringe sport and prolly wouldnt get the same respect of someone whose first love is the game! Maybe i am wrong but i would rather have a Russian oil tycoon than a MLB franchise owner

5. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a feeling that that is why we don't have an investor. Because there aren't many truly committed worthy blues. You know? But still... Seems strange how many clubs are being bought and we aren't. :(

6. chicoazul

chicoazul New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    It's still very much up in the air.

I wonder how they feel now about those banners with YANKS OUT and the burning of the stars and stripes.

They were in bed, along with Benitez, with Hicks and Gillet from the off. They smelled a cash cow to maintain their own vain urges for trophies as the be and end all of their existence, being a fan is more than that.

If one thing has been proven, it's how detestable a large part of their fanbase is.

Of course, I'm not biased.

7. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D Damn that rep spreading annoyance... That last line had me laughing :D

8. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone said in another comments thread, they could be the next Leeds or Nottingham Forest in terms of living on past glory only to see it all just slip away.

Either way, I'm not overly upset.

What say you Sticky?

Sticky? Sticky? ;)

9. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Where is Brian Cloupf when your need him?