LFC vs Bolton Wanderers - FA Cup 4th Rd - Jan 24 & Feb 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

As nice as our performance was midweek, time to forget about that and progress in another cup.

Should be an opportunity to keep a few of the players fresh for the 2nd leg this coming week.

2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In like Errol.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heskey and Gudjohnsen? Time to party like it's 1999.

4. NC RED

NC RED Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Charlotte NC USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm really hoping we rest some of our guys.
    No one talks about Hendo but he has played a ton of matches.
    Gerrard, Lucas, Hendo, Sterling, Coutinho, Skrtel, Sakho, Can, Markovic all need some rest. The important return trip to Chelsea plus the league and fourth is the most important. These guys can play Tues and prob next Sat vs WHam. But playing any of these guys for three games is pushing it, especially the amount of matches just played last few weeks.
    We have three matches in 8 days. And next one 4 days after this FA Cup match.

Here is what I would pick:

Borini, Lambert,(pick 2), Balotelli
    Ibe, Rossiter, Allen, Lallana, Johnson(pick 4/5), Moreno
    Manquillo, Lovren, Enrique, Johnson, (pick 3/4), Flanagan
    Migs
    Plus some more academy players to fill bench. I realize some may still be injured. Throw Lazer, Coutinho, Sterling on bench for a cameo if needed. They are young enough 10-2o minutes won't affect them.

This should be enough against a mid table championship Bolton team AT Anfield. Bolton doesn't score much especially away from home. Although they have had good form recently.

This is the reason we spent millions in the summer. We need to start trusting some of these players to play their roles. Get a win with this team then we can be set for the next few games. YNWA.

5. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    ibe is cup-tied. would have been a perfect start for him. would brining in manquillo at rwb and moving marko up to make the front three with borini/balotelli and lallana be too much tinkering? henderson and rossiter in the middle with the same back three.

6. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know he "died on the down-stroke", right? Now that's going all-in. :)

BTW, I'm all-in, but in agreement about starting some bench players for this one.

7. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No point in too much tinkering. But I might get Rossiter in for Lucas and Ojo for Sterling with Borini and Lallana up top. Rest of the team the same.

hubbabubba repped this.
  8. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd not mind seeing Lovren get some time - if he can't play in this match, when will he? - and have Can move into the MF.

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #9 usscouse, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    I need to tell my broker I worked 90 minutes 4 days ago. I just need a rest...:rolleyes:

After half a season we've finally got a defense together that is working! They're playing well together and are showing trust in each other. The confidence they built playing the Chav's was massive.
    Then you guys want to change that. Geesus!!!

It's not broke so don't try and fix it. Mess with them now and we're back to November's games.

10. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^+1

i'd like the lads to win this one, me. no experimental guff. just a side that can roll over a lower tier club without a lot of stress and strain, like maybe score 2 goals before halftime and not pull a Leicester.

the Trotters are 14th in the SkyBet Chumpionship...

c'mon!

11. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They will come gunning for us...any lower division side will want to claim a Premier League scalp, especially a side as historic as LFC...and many players from lower division clubs will relish the opportunity to kick a "superstar"...get the job done early then show our ability to maintain possession...use all three subs - early if possible...

WIN!

12. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFC team : Mignolet, Johnson, Can, Sakho,Manquillo, Allen, Hendo, Enrique,Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling

13. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i see dead people

14. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That lineup doesn't give me too much heartburn. Hopefully Johnson injuries himself and is out form another 6 weeks.

Other than that cant really complain.

15. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And 2009 with wee Jay!

16. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for me, it's Lucas, not Allen, and i'm not inspired by Can as a CB, though worse things have happened. that's why Lucas.

17. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't think he needs a rest before Chelsea? If we can't beat the 15th place team in the championship without him, we are in trouble. Not sure many will be shedding tears if we go out. Far bigger games coming up to be worried about.

I really don't get the Allen hate that's going round. In a team performing well he does a good job keeping things ticking over. He was really good in the run in last year. He certainly struggles when the rest of the team is struggling, but he's a decent enough squad player.

I'm surprised Coutinho is getting the run, but hopefully he can get us a lead and come off early.

18. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if a 28 year old can't play on Saturday and Tuesday, there's something wrong.

i wouldn't feel this way if Allen were a little more robust. i like him, but he's a fox terrier. we may need a Staffordshire terrier.

Heskey and Gudjonsen are big boys, assuming they play.

19. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he could play if we really needed him, but its a decent enough opportunity use someone else. Can, Sakho, Hendo are all playing, so I think we have enough physicality to deal a couple of 40 year olds who can't run any more.

AndSomeAreAngels and Wingtips1 repped this.
  20. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Need an early goal to open things up...otherwise...might be a long day...(see ManU vs CamU result)...

21. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A pretty much first team ManUre just drew nil-nil with Cambridge United who are currently in 12th place in League Two :eek::D

CB-West repped this.
  22. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Wingtips1 and burning247 repped this.
  23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    May the infighting, questioning and senseless drawl begin!!!(again!):sneaky::giggle:

24. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you remember how he gifted both Basel & Scum goals? You say he's not a liability but watch those matches and you'll see what a "soft passenger"™ he really is. We haven't seen much of him since those matches as he was supposedly injured but I can read between the lines.:sneaky: