Leyouth Al-Rafidain (Iraq U-19 national team) - 2015-17 [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Glad this team didnt make it. No quality, fake ages and on top of it disgraceful management.

2. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I agree that there are more important issues to solve than age fraud, but the problem with age fraud is that we sometimes miss out on the best years of players. They are playing in the youth team at their primes and by the time they are national team regulars they are past their prime. Look at Amjad Kalaf for example. Remember the 2014 U22 Championship which Iraq won and Kalaf won the MVP of the tournament? He was allegedly 25 at that time playing in a U22 youth tournament. He was at his prime but he wasn't being utilized by the national team. By the time he became a first team regular he had been affected by injuries and lost his pace and control. We missed out on his prime and it was largely due to age fraud, had he been playing at the U22 tournament 3 years earlier he may have made it into the national team 3 years earlier and made his mark then. He was definitely good enough to play for the national team had we used him earlier.

A lot of the time that doesn't happen though, eg Younis was 4 years overaged but he still played for the first team in his prime, Nashat was overaged but we still used him etc. I guess it comes down to a player-by-player basis, but the way I see it, a lot of talented players waste their time playing youth football when they should be in the prime of their career. I still do think there are more important issues to tackle though. Hopefully the fact that Radhi Shenaishil brought it up recently will encourage some sort of change.

Iraqipower, irak101 and Suren01 repped this.