Leyouth Al-Rafidain (Iraq U-19 national team) - 2015-17 [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 4-1 Bahrain

Which means Iraq qualified to the 2016 AFC U19 Championship.

( Previous results: Iraq 2-0 Tajikistan, Maldives 0-5 Iraq)

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq got drawn with North Korea, UAE and Vietnam.

Good group. Should be possible to advance, and since South Korea is hosting the youth World Cup, there is a good chance that a fifth ticket becomes available.

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 1-0 UAE

5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    With this win, we're now in a very good position in this group. We should have wins over Vietnam and N.Korea.

Hope this team does well. Would be great to see Iraq at another U-20 world cup.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  6. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone have more info on this team ?

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    This is the generation that failed to qualify for the 2014 AFC U16 Championship. Standout players are Ameer Sabah, Mazen Fayadh and even Amjad Attwan is included in the squad.

8. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm really ********ing tired of seeing Iraqi youth teams doing so good, then our senior teams struggle to Vietnam.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    When did our senior team struggle to Vietnam? I don't know what you're talking about but our senior team, which consists of the 2012 youth team, gave Japan a hard time and almost beat Saudi Arabia if it wasn't for the ref.

Next game is tommorow against North Korea. The same team that eliminated us 2 years ago.

10. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Last round? We hardly beat Vietnam and drew to them in a 95th min pen.

Yas-The-Gunner and Iraqilambo repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Look at our team now, not in the past. The likes of Adnan and Dhurgham are products of the 2011-2013 U20 team, Alaa Mhawi and Amjad Attwan products of the 2011-2013 U17 team.

Players like Ameer Sabah or Mazen Fayyad will eventually find their way to the NT.

12. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Mazen is around 24 years our youth football is not as good as you think most of the players in these youth teams are not product of the u20 sides but product of their clubs

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I mean that if he is talented enough, he will eventually find his way to the NT.

14. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    not think so if hes 24 and playing u19 football then when will he play older football 26 or 27 so this is many years wasted

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq against North Korea today. We haven't beat them in 41 years, and they eliminated us on goal difference 2 years ago.

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 4-0 North Korea

Iraq advanced to the quarterfinals (and will most likely face either Bahrain or Saudi Arabia for a ticket to the U20 World Cup!)

17. Jake Borter

Jake Borter New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Iraq destroyed Korea. Is it true Mazin is actually 24 though?

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't know, but I doubt it. He started his senior career in the 2014-15 season. Not unusual for a player to start at the age of 17.

Iraqilambo repped this.
  19. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    #19 irak101, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    how is that possible hes playing at his 6th club

كانت بدايتي مع الفرق الشعبية في الناصرية ضمن تشكيلة العروبة بعدها مثلت نادي الناصرية ومنه نحو الديوانية والاتفاق الديواني ثم انضممت إلى كربلاء الذي ارتديت قميصه في الدوري الكروي الممتاز واني مدين لهذا الفريق بالفضل والعرفان حيث قدمني للجمهور والمنتخبات الوطنية وحاليا مع النفط الذي أسعى معه لتحقيق مركز متقدم في دوري الكرة مشيرا إلى أنه لا ينسى فضل ومساندة أصدقائه في وصوله لهذه المستوى ومنهم عباس قاسم من الناصرية وياسر فليح من كربلاء .

http://www.imn.iq/archives/37692

the team for one of his clubbs in 2012 http://forum.kooora.com/?t=31798363 mazens name is there so he was 14 and 15 yrs old and at his 3rd club

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  20. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    [​IMG]
    mazen in 2012

21. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    That's some great research. Playing first team football at the age of 15 is something that's normally so rare in football, but in Iraq almost every player started their career at 15 years old lol. I mean apparently Younis was the top scorer of the second division for Kirkuk in 1998 and he was only 15 years old. Mohammed Hameed was called up to the under-23 team at the age of 12, Amjad Kalaf making his Iraqi Premier League debut in January 2005 at the age of 13.

However I do think that age fraud isn't as bad in Iraq now as it used to be back when Younis and Amjad were starting their careers. It's still bad though, especially when there are glaringly obvious cases like Saad Natiq, Mustafa Nadhim, Mazen Fayadh. Even Ali Adnan is apparently born 1991 not 1993.

Suren01, Kurdii110 and irak101 repped this.
  22. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odeegard played for Madrid at the age of 16 , These days you get guys that are 15 , 16 but have the physique of a 20 year old , I think you will see quite a few players getting first team gigs while only 15 -16 all around the world .

Iraqilambo repped this.
  23. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    yes but mazen was at a third club at 14 and 15 so add up he played for his third club in 2012 so he started around 2009 and 2010 (12 and 13 yrs old) Odegaard did not have the physique of a 20 year old when he first came out he looked young i dont know why we argue on this iraq has a lot of these players and they are older

[​IMG]

24. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Iraqi football is VERY different from european football, especially when we are talking about the shaabiya clubs in Iraq.

Maybe he did change his age, but I highly doubt he's 5 years over the age he says he is. If the only basis to the argument is the fact that he played for 3 different lower league Iraqi clubs by 15, then I really don't think it's fair to condemn him without any actual evidence. A player with the kind of physical build of Mazen Fayadh at 15 could definitely play in the Iraqi league.

Do you have much info on how much he played for his previous teams before joining Karbala? I don't see how it's so far fetched for a player to start his professional career at 17, especially in Iraq where the level is very low and there isn't much professionalism.

If his age is different, then I'd say it would at most be 1-2 years over. Claiming he's 24 just based on the fact that he played for 3 teams before starting his pro career is crazy to me.

Kroosinator and irak101 repped this.
  25. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    AC Milan is making a habit of promoting youth team players who are around that age into the senior team and giving them minutes to play.

If a player is good enough, then age doesn't matter. Iraqi league is low level, especially in the past few years. Makes sense that we are seeing lots of physically strong teenage players getting opportunities to play important roles for their clubs.