Lewis: Fulham Res. vs. Barnet, 8/2 (R)/Lewis to Preston?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by BuffloSoldier, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, guys, I don't think we have a quorom. Sen. Kennedy is in the drunk tank... :D

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, we get along well that Teddy and I. Just don't talk about bridges around him.

3. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/Team_News/0,1562,37,00.html#517798
    Shaw is the PNE chairman.
    I think the "hefty" term is a bit overstated, but...even a 500K tag could break the deal.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either Fulham has big plans for the reserves league...

Or Tigana really is the devil!!

Actually, I think Fulham is asking for $$$ because they know PNE has it, after the sale of another player.

It's sort of like in baseball...the Phillies would ask more for Scott Rolen from the Braves than the Cards, because they know the Braves have more talent in their organization. It's not fair, but it's perfectly reasonable for the Phillies or Fulham to act that way.

5. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
  6. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a chunk of change for a reserve player. Of course, he is a World Cup vet and I am sure Fulham is reminding PNE of that very fact.

7. BuffloSoldier

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    I'm sure Fulham's thinking is that every pound they can get out of a club for Lewis can help them bringing in players like Pierre Wome (left back from Bologna), etc.

8. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    Fulham had another reserve match today against Brentford. According to Fulham's site Eddie didn't play. They don't list the bench players who didn't make it into the match, though, so no idea if he was there. Marcus started and played the first half, presumably because Fulham have their 2nd leg Intertoto match in France later today and sent their top 2 keepers there.

I would doubt Eddie is going to France, but I don't know and haven't been able to find a squad list or projected lineup for that match. I think the Intertoto match is at 1:30 Eastern today, by the way.

9. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie traveled with the team to France. According to the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/2177730.stm

Fulham: Van der Sar, Ouaddou, Brevett, Melville, Goma, Legwinski, Marlet, Malbranque (Inamoto 58), Saha, Davis, Boa Morte (Collins 72). Subs Not Used: Herrera, Hayles, Knight, Sava, Lewis.