Lewis: Fulham Res. vs. Barnet, 8/2 (R)/Lewis to Preston?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by BuffloSoldier, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Lewis: Fulham Res. vs. Barnet, 8/2 (R)

http://www.fulhamfc.co.uk/news/displaynews.asp?id=2248

Three assists for Eddie in a 7-0 W. Almost had a fourth, went 90 minutes. A heavily first team laden reserve squad.

2. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Lewis: Fulham Res. vs. Barnet, 8/2 (R)

When is a smart D1 or EPL team pick up on Eddie? Glad to hear he had a great game (again) for the reserves. Someone must take notice of his effectiveness on the cross and on taking corners. Shocking that no one has come in for him.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, Eddie Lewis stamps his authority on a reserve match...Maybe one of these days...

4. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    This game was against Barnet Reserves, in case that wasn't clear.

5. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    (In a heavy French accent) Only THREE azzists? You want to play on ze first team when you only got THREE azzists? Sacre bleu!

6. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 6, 2001
    New England
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda of unrelated:

Does anyone know how much Eddie is taking home these days?

7. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Lewis: Fulham Res. vs. Barnet, 8/2 (R)

With the hurt that a lot of clubs are in as a result of the tv deal collapse, not sure there is much money around in D1 to pick up Eddie.

8. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    There is not much money in D1 for Eddie and I don't see him moving to another EPL team. So, he will play in several games if Fulham gets into the UEFA Cup. As they should.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. mik_smith

mik_smith New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    London
    Good news re PNE.

It was a long battle to see which was deeper -- Al-Fayed's wallet or Tigana's grudge -- but it appear's Tigana's grudge is the winner...

11. snorklefish

snorklefish New Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Miami, FL
    From: http://www.soccernet.com/england/ne...5ffchayles.html

"The players replacing Hayles and Lewis will be a left-back and a striker, both recruited from abroad."

Much as I'd like to see one of our National Team Strikers move to the Premiership, I hope Tigana isn't looking west. Of course, even if he was, our guys wouldn't go willingly into the tarpit, would they?

12. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    Seriously doubt it--I'll take the easy guess and say they'll be French players.

13. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FINALLY!!! :)

Too bad we won't get to see him play much over here...but I am glad he is going someplace he can play on a regular basis. It sounds like PNE is working on building a better team. They were just out of the playoff hunt last year...maybe this year they can get in and get promoted!!!

14. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deleted thread

Buff, you were a little quick to delete my threads there. A new thread discussing actual news surrounding Lewis rather than a thread about a walk-over game that I'd already chosen to ignore is useful. By the same token, opening a new Kirovski thread when actual news surfaced instead of relegating it to a thread that is several pages of month-old specualtion seems silly.

I am willing to bet that other people would find it useful to have new threads about confirmed 'news', and that someone else just might start the new threads again. Not trying to tell you how to do your job, but what I think would be more useful as a casual reader of these boards who chooses not to dig through less interesting threads for real news.

Cheers

Nick

16. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Re: Deleted thread

Couldn't agree with this more. Why is news of a possible transfer of Lewis to PNE buried in a thread about a reserve match?

I appreciate your efforts to moderate this forum. However, this seems to be a bit of overkill.

17. raindawg

raindawg Member

Sep 22, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Deimos

Deimos Member

Apr 23, 1999
    Louisville, KY, USA
    Has Al Fayad run out of money or is he trying to make this a money making operation? Good luck on that!

19. thacharger

thacharger New Member

May 19, 2002
    Southaven, MS
    That is a classic....

20. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulham did loss 24 million pounds last year. And they still haven't been able to clear up their stadium issue yet.

21. jamesf24

jamesf24 New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Brighton, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buff,

Just want to support all the sentimant, in the closed thread too, that these threads should not have been merged.

With your logic, as to doing it again in similar circumstances, we may as well have just one Eddie Lewis thread for the whole season, for all matches, reserve or otherwise, as well as any transfer talk.

Bad move here. It was BSB censorship (not you, Mike Lastort), that caused me to not post on BSB like 5-6 months, leading up to a World Cup no less! I understand "look & think before you post", but for irresistable temptation; "look and think before you merge." :)

James

22. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    second

23. snorklefish

snorklefish New Member

Mar 26, 2001