LEVANTE x REAL MADRID | La Liga J.22 | 03.02.2018 | 20:45 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Its been clear to see these last few games. Team should not be losing intensity like that. We keep playing 25min games and expecting we'll pull it out. Just doesn't happen too often. Zizou needs to show these guys the tape and then put a shoe up their asses at HT if they do it again the next match. Start throwing chairs or something. Professionals can't be playing like that.

temesgen and Yannick Relens repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Kroos has been atrocious. Really bad for a long time now. If there is something we need to try is Kovacic or Ceballos for Kroos for an extended stretch of games.

temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juande Ramos was there, and i think Zidane should be worried by the way.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, last summer the club made sure Zidane wouldn't have that problem again.

That's exactly what I though when he came on and again when he scored. If he saves the three points it just gives Zidane some breathing room to continue starting the BBC.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't be serious, but on the other hand we would have come full circle, becuase I remember when Flo came back in '09 it seemed like Juande had earned a shot at the club but got the sack for political reasons and it seemed Flo had learned nothing.

I would be wary of changing coaches, Carlo is out there somewhere, but I don't think a coaching change can fix this. The BBC are crocked and its all we have.

6. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Just to be clear, I am not saying that Isco starting will automatically win us games. But Isco not starting after being one of our best players this season is a problem. Beginning of the season I could not fault Zidane as we were literally losing games because Ronaldo and Benzema had a sudden (sudden in the former's case anyway) case of permanent double vision and could not score the most obvious of chances.

Now Zidane sticking to his guns when it came to the transfer market and BBC proves he is not fit to be our manager anymore.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juande Ramos lost his chance with the Barca result. He built up good momentum and it came crashing down upon him. Raul is back in Madrid and he has a close relationship with Juande Ramos. I don't think it's something that will happen tomorrow, but if we need a caretaker it will be Juande Ramos.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #208 Shay Z, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    I don't think Isco has been one of our best players this season but that's besides the point. I think at this stage we are well aware of Zidane's "preferences" and we have to address that. But I feel like even with his......... lets call them idiosyncrasies he is still a good manager for this club. Not to say I don't see your side of the argument either.

Harsh, I disagree. I don't see how some other coach can make these players play like its 2016 again.

I know shit is bad and I shudder to think if it can get worse but as long as he can get us in the top 4 I would give Zidane another chance next season with a refreshed squad including proper purchases and exits. This season is lost. No Madridista should have any expectations anymore. And that's ok too. We shouldn't always be living in the moment. With the unprecedented success we've had we can endure some failures too now as long its not too embarrassing. Perspective. Guess its easier to do for older Madridistas than the younger ones who haven't been through the dark times.

Bear Crotch and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane's "favorites" were not even on the pitch when Levante equalized. Perfect blame shifting to be honest.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Isco started well, but a lot of the flaws from before started to seep back into his game lately. He's holding the ball far too long, he's trying to be more fancy than focus on the end product. He scored a goal today, but let his man at the far corner go in all alone for a clear header minutes before the equalizer.

It really came down to atrocious defending today. Levante probably had 4 chances all game, and two were goals. Ramos was exposed on the first, and Dani made two terrible mistakes on the second one (terrible pass to lose the ball, then letting his man get inside of him).

Digital and robnycus repped this.
  11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i meant i was kidding lol, 1 or 2 years ago some haters were claiming that he was asking for offside when other team mate scored, because he raised the hand like that

Shay Z repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    At this point Carvajal should get a restraining order. Otherwise he will be Neymar`s personal piñata on february 14.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's been horrible, on both ends. Nacho should be starting on the right. Really, with the season he's had, it's no wonder the club is interested in Odriozola.

surgeon, Digital, AriGold and 2 others repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh sorry bro. Woosh..... I didn't get the joke. Lol.

15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He’s suspended for both games against PSG isn’t he? Dani needs completion imo, and Achraf is not ready to give any right now.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's 10 days from now, really not that far away :D.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    it's my day off, at least i can drink if we F it up agaisnt PSG, that said, i do think we'll win at Bernabeu

18. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Kroos and Carvajal have become unrecognizable from last year. The team-wide sleep-walking after the 2-1 was absolutely shocking. You could see the 2-2 coming from a mile away. This against a team fighting relegation...

Modric easily the only one hustling for large parts of the game.

Zidane was an incredibly intense player on the field. It's time to bring that intensity into the locker room and light some fire under their a$$es - throw some chairs - something. These are seasoned players and it might not work but his job is not going to last much longer anyway - he has no option but to try something. The team is completely at sea.

19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    There is not much difference between Carvajal and Achraf at this point. Luckily we have Nacho.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am about to watch the game

I know we tied, but is it worth watching?

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #221 4x4s, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    He was actually very calm and collected behind the scenes.

When Pablo Garcia move to Greece he gave a lengthy interview about Real Madrid and he said that Zidane wasn't doing any singing, and pranks, any nothing. He was part of the group, but he was left alone and respected in silence from the light humor and the silly stuff. He (Pablo Garcia) also said the he put a picture of Victoria Beckham in his locker as a joke and Beckham tried to take his legs off in training so he apoligized.

I think it's pretty much the same now. He's not the guy that throws water bottles at people and kicks chair around.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think so.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    I know. But there was a simmering fury that sometimes boiled over on the field - famously the Saudi Arabia stomp and the headbutt. Not suggesting he should turn to violence but bringing some of that menace into the locker room might be useful at this point...

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    We had stints where we were playing really well.. specially when Marcelo was linking up with Benzema but other than that it was us letting the opposition control the flow of the game for a lack of intensity from our players.

25. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Been out and about all day, check score, man WTF???!

J-Mezzy and Shay Z repped this.