Let's talk Games

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by Greddy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Oh I played them a few times. Really didnt play them much, they were crappy games.

My all time list of great football games:

PES 5
    PES 6
    FIFA RTWC 98
    FIFA 08
    PES 4
    ISS 2000
    FIFA 2001 (just because it was the first one on PS2, really arcadey, but the graphics just blew me away at that time, bare in mind I was 11)

And TBH from what I have played in the BETA (78 games so far) PES 2011 will be on that list. You won't be disappointed. Hopefully the FIFA things wiht the speed is a misunderstanding and we get two kick ass games this year.

2. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    man.. that game. lmao. Spent so much time on it and it just was amazing, but I can imagine playing now and being extremely disappointed haha.
    I was very young when i played that too.

More competition is better.. (if pes OR fifa turn out crap, the other will not bother trying to improve)

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Been playing PES 2011, we are having tourneys every night. Love it. The feeling is back from the old days.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR2b3rYNL2w"]YouTube - PES 2011 demo highlights 3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeN_9RD3ohM"]YouTube - PES 2011 Highlights 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKr5TgbPGdY"]YouTube - Pes 2011 Demo Highlights[/ame]

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you already have the full version?? I barely dl'ed the demo the other day...

It does feel like a vastly revamped game.

5. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    There are some computer wizzes that expanded the teams, So There are up to 32 teams to play with, and no Video at the end of the games.

6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That video at the end is a major pain in the ass. Smart, though. I was so happy to see the default set to 10-minute games, and thoroughly displeased with the long video at the end that you can't skip. I actually timed the video against how long it takes just to quit out and fire up another game. :p The video is longer.

Have you got a hang for the linking of feints yet? I'm guessing it's on R now to be more like FIFA, but I never really used feints in either game much. So the concept of actually using multiple ones in a row wisely blows my mind.

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I've never used them (on either FIFA or PES). But I tried them last night...failed. :(

Use R1 with Iniesta, close control, the guy is amazing at switching directions with that button. Most Barca players are. I am trying to evade playing with us though, just to get a feel for different teams. Man U feel just like them on the wings with Valencia running riot and Berbatov setting people up.

Been playing FIFA 11 demo on my 360, better than last year, but not enough passing error attributed to stats aka Individuality of each player, which you feel right away in PES. PES animations are smoother but still not FIFA smooth. Nonetheless, PES has that midfield game and it just feels right for me, but tbh we have two great, yes, great football games. But if FIFA IMO wants to be considered a hard core game for footy fans, they need to up the involvement of Personality +, not enough for me.

8. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've won every game I played with Barça against Bayern Munich. Playing with Bayern against Barça is a lot tougher.

I haven't dl'ed the FIFA demo but I might do that tonight.

One thing I really like in the new PES is that they put in a lot of new animations, particularly on defense. Pique will actually shoulder people off the ball. And yeah, it's going to take quite a bit of time to get use to the feint system. Hopefully the full release takes a page from FIFA10's really well done tutorial videos and offers an in-depth training mode.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOfznAliVqA"]YouTube - PES 2011 Link Feints Tutorial[/ame]

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being able to super cancel out of a feint combo = genius.

11. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm really liking PES2011 WAAAAAY more than PES2010. The gameplay and smoothness is much better. I recommend that people at least give it a chance even if it doesn't have all the teams/leagues. I mean the tactics play a fairly big role. I've noticed if I have a high defensive line I'm conceding two or three a match to good teams.

Haven't played FIFA11.

12. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I just got the new PS3 500 GB with FIFA 13!

My PSN: Viscaelbarca87.

Add me, and tell me who you are!