Let's sign injured players to cover for our injured players - the summer transfer thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by blueguitar322, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O I see what you want to do. Tell people how to run things that you know nothing about and spend their money.
    [​IMG] I recommend this game instead -

charlie15 repped this.
  2. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Until we see another such deal executed, I'm going to assume Ozil was a fluke.

When Ozil was injured, we had trouble scoring. When Ramsey was injured, we had trouble scoring. Cazorla can't carry the load. Fabregas would provide depth and give tactical flexibility.

We've had financial flexibility for at least two summers and winters now. The players we've signed haven't been all that, other than Ozil, who was sold by his club so they could build a zoo.

3. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.

You are a great poster and contributor to this forum, and I would love for you to be right about that haul of players. It would be Epic, and I'm not one to over use that word.

But we all know that come September 1st, we'll be lucky if we land even 1 of those players.

That's not pessimism. That's realism.

charlie15 repped this.
  4. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's almost as if half this forum have spent the last decade not following our transfer dealings. Signing 4 starting outfield players in one summer?

Fifty repped this.
  5. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's June 12th and you are already complaining about the club's lack of ambition.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think Schneiderlin is good enough for Arsenal. I don't think Remy is good enough for Arsenal. Neither would make the starting XI better, and I'm not sure Schneiderlin is better than Arteta or Flamini.

Obviously, Di Maria or Griezmann would be excellent pick ups (not sure about Pedro), but if we're turning down Fabregas, we need to be signing the likes of Martinez, Bender, or Benzema. Players who really make the team better up the middle.

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jake,,,,Sept 1…I will crawl back here and apologize to you and all the others if we fail to effectively reinforce the team. However I am not going to cry on spilled milk. Cesc is history for me. My biggest joy as a Gonner the last ten years was brought by Rambo, Kos, Chez, Mesut and the likes. Not by Fabregas!
    I dont care about Fabregas and I am in full support of the team decision not to resign him. He is not needed, as simple as that.

ArsenalJake repped this.
  8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree on Scheinderlein. Mark my words…He will take over Cabaye's spot in the French MF sooner rather than later. As I said these 4 or 5 players are fine with me.
    This Cesc brouhaha is more emotion than anything else. Where would he play? Not over Rambo or Ozil. I dont want to hear about Santi either….He cant play on the wings like Santi does. Luxury on the bench then? There is no rationale in the Cesc story…..pure emotions.

Gunning4Chelsea repped this.
  9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time for a new thread of speculation and angst.

DutchCane and DaPrince84 repped this.