Let's get to know each other

Discussion in 'Barcelona NSR' started by astabooty, Jan 28, 2007.

1. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Hola! :)

2. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I haven't drank alcohol since 1998. I occasionally eat fries but I have to be healthier due to family genes. My Dad recently had his 2nd heart attack in about 7 years and I wanted to be healthier way before I got up there in age.:)

Thanks for the suggestions!:cool:

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Chandler, Arizona... Isn't that where the Heart Attack Grill is located? :p

4. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How vegetarian? Spain, in general, isn't that vegetarian-friendly (not that there aren't restaurants, just that you have to go out of your way to find them). I ended up joking that the reconquista succeeded by making the national diet pork. Though if you eat fish, you should be in decent shape.

5. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Vegetarians don't eat any animal including the fish of the sea. I am usually lucky in Europe with Indian or Chinese Restaurants or Italian restaurants. Mexican food is usually good towards us veggie weirdo's. :p

6. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I think I have heard of it but as I haven't ate meat since end of 2001, I don't go out of my way to look for such places.

Plus, although who knows what will happen in the future, I don't want to think of heart attacks with what happened to my Dad. Just glad to hear he is okay.

7. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat
    Sorry to hear about the family health issues. I've been vegetarian over half my life, and was strict vegan for about 4 years. Started eating cheese though after that again, which makes life easier when travelling...
    My diet is also very healthy... but those fries... those fries are so good... :)

8. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I hear you. I was only 13 when my father passed away (age 43) from what the doctors called a "massive" heart attack. I try to watch my eating habits, but it's perhaps my biggest weakness. :(

Yes, yes! But I'm very much a potato lover in general: fried, mashed, hashed, baked, boiled... I love'em all.

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carrothuggers.

;)

10. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My sister was a vegetarian for about ten years (thanks to Morrissey). Then her doctor told her that if she wanted kids she really should increase the iron in her diet and she went back to eating meat.

Personally I don't eat a lot of red meat but chicken... man I love chicken... :)

11. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I bet if they told us all that Messi's great skills came from his secret vegetarian menu that we would all be vegetarians. :p

Thanks everyone for being cool! My Dad told me after he had his first one that one thing the doctors said he lacked was folic acid so when I make sure in my multi vitamins that it is in there. I am 40 myself now as of this past September. I am not old but I just figure to try being healthy.

I remember when I was in the army living in Germany back in late 80's/early 90's that it would have been super tough to be vegetarian over in Europe back then. It is a little easier these days with various restaurants at least having certain options.

12. Barca1981

Barca1981 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hello Cules

Just announcing my arrival into this forum. :)

I have been a Barca fan for as long as i can remember and it was seeing many games as a teenager during the Dream Team era which made me identify and fall in love with Barca's style. This club without any doubt has produced the most beautiful football in history and the list of world class players who played with Barca is endless. I consider myself lucky to have watched the likes of Romario, Laudrup, Rivaldo, Stoichkov, Koeman, and Hagi play for Barca and the more recent stars are just as impressive. I will always remember the talented players who have my admiration but i find myself more so attached to the players who embody the Barca spirit like Luis Enrique, Xavi, and Puyol :)

Being a Barca fan has not exactly been the merriest of rides as our team subscribes to a suicidal offensive game that has cost it lots of trophies over the years. I'm sure most of you share my exact sentiments and have suffered our long and enduring history of bad goalkeepers and counter-attacks where we've had nobody defending. conceding from set pieces and similar soft goals deserves its own mention as these are the moments that made my heart stop as a Barca fan.

All that being said i'm now 29(30 in june :mad:) and more into Barca than ever. In fact i'm Soci # 144123 (for the 3rd year running now) and still Barca runs in my blood as i'm sure it does in yours.

I hope to make many friends here and also meet other die hard Cules who share a similar passion to the club and a good understanding of the beautiful game!

wishing Barca a very successful remainder of a season.

Visca Barca i Visca catalunya

13. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Glad to have you aboard. We have most certainly shared those feelings over the years.

Always good to have another one of us around.

14. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome. :cool:

How's the soci life under Sandro compared to Joan?

15. Barca1981

Barca1981 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Thanks for the welcome messages.

As far as Soci life is concerned, you know about it as much as i do :) . I have never been to Barcelona to use my Soci priviledges :( but the priority we get on tickets can be helpful once i do decide to go! i cant see it happening soon though because i will be moving to NY in a few months to start a new life and visiting the Camp Nou seems like a remote possibility right now.

besides getting discounts on Official Barca merchandise, a Barca email address, Member E-newsletter, Barca magazine(bi-monthly), and priority on tickets, there's not much to do with a membership from overseas

16. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Welcome to our forum Barca1981 :)

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good info. There's been discussion in the past about the worth of being a Soci from overseas and the general feeling was that it wasn't worth it in the long run. You appear to confirm that notion.

Welcome. Hope we hear from you more often. :)

18. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regardless, I'm still jealous.

Welcome to the boards Barca1981.

19. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well its been so long I might have to reintroduce myself. ;)

Nice to see so many familiar faces.

20. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Welcome back Rakim!

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome... back? ;)

I blame SXSW for my appalling showing in your FBB playoffs this week.. yeah, that's the ticket...

22. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I gotta say that out of all fans I've come across both in the real world and the cyber world Barca fans have been the most warm and cordial. A real nice bunch you got on this forum.

23. Barca1981

Barca1981 New Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks Greddy! I have to try and post more often but i'm not used to it yet :D

24. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You'll get the hang of it quickly. This was actually the first forum I was ever part of and it really was a bit of a culture shock when I first started. After a while you start to feel out the personalities of the board and you should feel at home especially in this sub-forum. Welcome by the way. :)

25. blopaFCB

blopaFCB New Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    SUP everyone...i love barca...been a fan since the age of 8.....i recently found out about this forum...and im here just to share my opinio and limited knowledge and to discuss Barca related material.... i think we all need eachother especially in the days ...the rainy days...i sense some rainny days coming our way...it;sjust this feeling.....so i'm here for when that time comes..... visca barca, visca catalunya