Let's get the DC viewing together

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DangerMouse37, Oct 23, 2004.

1. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    I'm trying one last time to find out where people who couldn't go north are going to congregate. For us game orphans it would at least be good to pick a place and show up with numbers, get some chants going, etc.

So far people have mentioned Summers and some places on capitol hill. Kilroy's without Chico doesn't seem like an option.

Are there any good ideas? Any wayward Barras or Eagles or Nortes want to sound off?

Happy to get someplace early and reserve some space.

DM

2. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I know Sachin and I are gonna watch the game at Summers; we should be there around 7:15 or so. I'm gonna try and round up any Norteños that didn't make the trip to the Wastelands to come out.

3. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland

Guys i can not believe your not going you both will be truly missed the supporters for DC United will be there deep so we will represent

4. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Thanks, brotha, but I gotta help my new roommate move in. It's been over a month now. Best believe I will be watching, in between moving and customizing some props for next week. Bring it hardcore in the Wastelands!

5. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whos going to killroys?

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmm... maybe I'll go to Summers. I have some business to transact with Sachin.

7. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Good then, its settled. We'll get to Summers a little early and stake out some ground.

Let's PACK Summers with whatever Barra, Norte and Eagle members (and others) that couldn't take the bus.

Get ready, this is big!!!!

8. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well because I am still in the metro area (friend's BDay party tonight and I can't miss it) I'll meet you all at Summer's for the match (they all want to watch the World Series BLAH). So I will see you around 7ish.

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, Summers it be.

The staff there has always been fabulous to me, especially when I spent night after night there during WC02, falling asleep on the bar between matches. I don't know how they'll be with "************ the Metros!" chants though.

10. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Ok, it wasn't the Barra bus, but you guys on the away team should know that during the entire game at least one public place in the DC area you could clearly hear songs and cheers, and "f ck the Metros" loud and clear throughout the game.

To everyone who showed at Summers -- Bootsy, Darth, Mark, Sachin and about 30 others -- good fvcking job.

Can't wait til Saturday...

Props to Natty, Rob, Vlad, Grill and everyone else who managed to get their mugs on TV.

LA here we come, baby!!!!!!!

11. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Excellent time, excellent game. I'm literally giddy right now thinking about next week. So much to do to see those Scum bastards off into oblivion next week, but it's all worth it. Everyone looked and sounded great on TV, and we showed all the college football/baseabll fans in Summers what real team love is all about. People were staring at us in the street! :D

12. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To the gang that showed up on Sat. to Summers!

We all ROCK! At my friend's BDay party afterwards one of the guys said, hey I saw you as I walked by Summers jumping up and down, you guys are DIEHARDS! The biggest compliament we could have gotten yesterday. Not to mention all the publicity on the Metro on the way home. I must have been approached by at least a dozen or so people at Metro Center waiting for the Red line.

And yeah I just loved the fact that all those college football and baseball losers were jealous that they couldn't be singing and cheering like us. Great meeting a couple of us Big Soccer types as well.

VAMOS UNITED!

Rob

13. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps put in a good word that Summers needs to start supporting DCU with some advertising! Pollo Loco Chicken advertises at RFK but not Summers Restaurant/Sports Bar? I seem to recall that Summers was waiting to advertise at RFK until after their renovation... that's already occured...

IntheNet