Let's get caught up, shall we?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Bison1997, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a while.

-- Brock loses - funny thing. Most fans predicted Brock to win and most fighters predicted Cain to win. His first defense against Junior Dos Santos should be something to see.

-- GSP got decision win over Koscheck just as I predicted.

-- The WEC is dead, long live the WEC. I won't touch on the fights that just ended, as some of you guys may have it on your DVRs. I will just say to GO. WATCH. THIS. SHOW.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Bro, is Overeem the best MMA fighter on the planet. I know people are starting to believe that. He won K1 earlier this month & he will still fight in the DREAM event at the end of the year :eek: I think on the MMA bot Dos Santos & Velasquez will bust him up. Hell, I would even put money on Mir snapping off one of 'reem's limbs. What so you think?? Also, what is your take on this feud between Nick Diaz vs. Mayhem Miller??? Sorta like GSP vs. Spyda, but way more trash talkin'. And last but not least, The Sonnen Saga. Dude had like 16 times the normal amount of Testosterone. His sentence was reduced, because he disclosed that he would be over the limit. What is up w/ that :eek:

3. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As you can see by my avatar I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, so I must mention in this update his destruction of Matt Hughes :)

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    It happened too fast. I blink & the fight was over
    [​IMG]
    Even Matt Hughes was asking what happened???

5. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -- Overeem's a bad, bad man no question. His striking in the K-1 World Grand Prix was scary. I'm unconvinced WRT MMA, as he hasn't had the consistent competition that Cain and Dos Santos have had. I'd pick either over him as well.

-- I just want to see Diaz and Mayhem fight. :D I'd go with Mayhem, but I think he has tons of potential.

-- Drug tests in MMA basically amount to IQ tests - these guys know when they're getting tested so most set up their cycles to end right on time. Sonnen seems to be a smart guy, so not sure why this has happened. His story's all kinds of off - if you've been getting these testosterone shots all this time, why are we just hearing about this?

I figured Penn still had some gas in the tank - Frankie must just have his number. This was a badly needed win for him and I'm looking forward to his fight with Jon Fitch in February in a big way.

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Did you know that BJ has put out a book??? I just discovered this fact. I hear it's a very good read.