Lets fire Low now!!!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Raumdeuter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, let's fire the most consistent coach there is,
    in charge
    -5 out 5 tournaments he reached the semis
    -2 out 5 tournaments he reached the finals
    -won a WC in Brazil, first European team to win a WC in the Americas (North/South)
    -first coach to defeat Italy in a competitive game

2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but his players selection and tactics are horrendous, should be saked immediately, i mean Poldi still getting picked over Reus??!!!

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    his tournament standings
    1)EC 08 2nd place
    2)WC 10 3rd place
    3)EC 12 Semi finals
    4)WC 14 1st
    5)EC 16 Semi finals
    6)CC 17 finals (still running)

6/6 Semis at the min+3 finals appearances which amounts to half his tourneys have been finals.

if we win the CC we'll have won 1/3 of the tourney under Low. Most of the losses were unlucky, missing players through injury/suspensions.

nekkibasara and BorisG repped this.
  4. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we win another WC, he is the undisputed best coach in German NT history.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you mean best coach of any NT ever. The only coach to ever win a 2nd WC has been Vittorio Pozzo of Italy who's won the 1934-38. To be fair the WC back in the 30s is nowhere like now. And now, with all the technology and over-analyzing rival teams etc. It's even harder to win.

6. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to mention the FIFA eligibility rules weren't what they are now. Some of the players on the Italian national team were Argentines that were playing in Italy.

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and the Duce doing his part in the '34 Worldcup to make it even worse. This one is a very questionable star to wear with pride.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah tons of stories about how Mussolini had a huge hand to play in their win. About how some teams let them win etc. It's weird when you realize that half of Italy's WCs happened in the 30s back when the game was very different.

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Jogi Löw 4 eva

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2nd trophy for Low, congrats!!! Using mostly kids and fringe players!!!

Epitome990 repped this.
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Löw has rewritten the book on coaching. Never should the wisdom of this man be doubted again.

rj123 and Ger90 repped this.
  12. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ... until the next team selection.;)

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ...seems odd to hype Jogi after what he did today...

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    My only qualm today was not being able to watch someone like Emre Can or Seb Rudy score a tap in troll goal towards the end. But other than that, Löw had his tactics spot on this whole tournament.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Playing right into Chile's strengths, so that we were lucky not to be down 3-0 after 30 minutes is a tactic you approve of?

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You too have to give Chile some credit. Not sure it was the wrong tactics because after the first 20 minutes, Germany contained Chile very very good. They're just a very good side you can't control 90 minutes. This is the moment when passion and determination is needed. The team won the final with their heads, Chile's team lost theirs.

BMGuy, nekkibasara, Ger90 and 2 others repped this.
  17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hes been the subject of debate for some time: when do we start talking GOAT about him?

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    For the record, my comments are made with partially intended provocative bravado to correspond with the initial satirical pretense of this thread's origin. In the spectrum of tactical ingenuity, I think in our hearts we all know where dear Jogi would fall under. But the man is getting results in the form of titles, and sometimes that is enough for me to not over-analyze the situation and just celebrate his achievements for what they are.

When it comes to player selection, I don't think there will ever be a time where everyone will be pleased. But for the most part with the younger and inexperienced players available, Jogi has done a commendable job this tournament. From the shift of using the likes of Sandro Wagner and Leno, and replacing them with Werner and Ter Stegen as the matches progressed towards the later stages. To the rotation and utilizing of impact subs like Brandt, Younes, Henrichs, and Emre Can in various scenarios. Along with being a capable enough motivator to hold the team together and not collapse like how things used to be during the dark ages of Völler and Klinsmann. I think the results speak for themselves.

nekkibasara, Ger90, dips82 and 2 others repped this.
  19. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jogi is reaping his own fruit right now ......he did so much to bring in new talent to the NT... Remember he also created a team around him , that analyze and recommend, he doesnt just make choices based from gut feeling.
    There is just that one point where I sometimes feel he should work on and that is his substitutions.... I often get the feeling he leaves it to late.. he could make changes a little earlier in the game. Maybe just my perception , and that he doesn't have the balls in crucial matches to bring on a surprise.
    Anyway he has won 2 tourneys now , we should have a guaranteed semi final at least for Russia with him as our coach :)

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh... It's difficult to expect so much of a team so young facing an experienced Chile with a pressing system that the core of their team has been playing for 7+ years. I don't think we had the ability to pass out of that kind of press. We weathered the storm all right, forced them to take low-efficiency longshots or shots from poor angles, and we nicked a goal to calm the game down. I'm satisfied with the performance and tactics given the context.

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    people can say whatever they want about Low. But to me the German team will feel weird the day he's gone. If he leaves after EC2020. That's 14 years of him being the German coach, that's a very very long time. While most other NT's coaches barely last 4 years. And the more he stays on the more it will feel weird the day he does leave.

besides half his tourneys have been finals and he's won 2/3 of those finals. That's a pretty good rate.

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Those were the exactly correct tactics to use given the situation. If we played our full team, I'm sure Loew would have preferred different tactics. Its about maximizing your chance of success, and playing some fantasy 3-3-4 video game line-up would have spelled disaster.

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

Boandlkramer repped this.
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club: