Let the rebuild start... Summer 2018 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by chjoak, Apr 6, 2018.

1. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not gonna disagree but you never know how the courts will rule and Martins has a 50m Euro buyout clause.

2. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wages x years left on contract would be fair.

3. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Ya. They should have some cause to terminate, but they will likely have to show that the club failed in some manner to protect them or similar factual reasoning. That could be tricky.

Just because someone tonya hardings you doesn’t mean you have cause to terminate any contract.

My guess it it will go to some form of arbitration for quick action. Downside for us is we only have just over another month to get this sorted where sporting have longer to work this out.

4. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I've read rumor that we offered Sporting 25-30m and they turned it down. If true, they don't seem to be interested in cutting their losses.

5. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats sorta enough. Failure to provide a safe workplace. What will help Sporting is that it was a mob of 50 guys, will claim its an isolated incident. If it was less than a handful of attackers, then the club would certainly be at fault for not providing enough security. At the moment, this is being classified more as terrorism.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Martins ai t all that

Bernard is free and lozano I would rather pay for

7. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Ya, im sure they will probably let them go but not for free without a fight. My guess is that they simply agree on reasonable xfer fees. Honestly, I’m not sure what the club could have done unless they had some warning or something but I’m sure the players will have some good lawyers figuring it out.

8. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    There is a suggestion that the owner's criticism of the players helped instigate the attack.

9. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Ya there may be cumulative factors that would amount to cause, but I haven’t heard of one thing that is so clear the club would t have ammo for a stiff resistance. I think the club and the players will probably reach some compromise.

10. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    The question is when, it may take a while to litigate.

11. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Claims today that Barca have been in contact with Lozano's agent.

12. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Quintero anyone?

13. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Media is making it sound like Banega is a no go. Several obstacles including Sevilla not wanting to sell.

This morning I am seeing some Milinkovic-Savic to RM rumors. Most of them sight M-S being purchased as a replacement for Kovacic whom is being linked with a move to Arsenal.

Also seeing a rumor linking Lucas Vazquez with a move to the Emirates. They claim that Emery thinks he could make a huge impact for us.

14. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how legitimate these rumors but I would not be surprised if kovacic moves on
    I like him

Fifty repped this.
  15. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The real question is will ramsey stay?

Is kovacic more defensive, attacking, or link up? I havent seen much of him. I suspect DM which i could see him and torreira forming the base of our midfield. With xhaka and torreira potentially alternating and ozil or ramsey ahead. In a historical emery formation of 3 in the back with the defensive mid occupying the middle space.

16. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Kovacic recently spoke up about his playing time and needing/wanting regular 1st team minutes. I've heard tons of speculation that he would leave looking for more PT but Arsenal is the 1st and only team I've seen him linked to so far.

17. chjoak

chjoak Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on my limited knowledge, I think Kovacic is more of a 8/10 hybrid. Doesn't play much defense. So if we were adding him I would think he would be a Ramsey replacement. I've also seen a couple rumors in the last hour linking Ramsey to Lazio.

MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that if there's any substance to the Kovacic rumors, it's probably an indicator that Ramsey is leaving. But Lazio would be a weird move. They didn't qualify for the CL, did they? I would think for what will more than likely be his last big contract, Ramsey would want to play for a CL club.

19. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't see Ramsey moving abroad. He will have both Manchester clubs after him if he decides not to renew as in addition to being a decent midfielder, he is a homegrown player.

Gunning4Chelsea and DaPrince84 repped this.
  20. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But he doesn't get into their teams over KdB, Gundo, and Pogba. The only teams that make sense are Chelsea, Sperz, and Liverpool (and we aren't going to sell him to Chelsea and Sperz).

PSG would make sense, except they need to sell players. Juve might make sense too.

21. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gosh i dont like the tought of losing Ramsey, but boy that would change the look and feel of how our team functions and transitions greatly. If he wants to go we shouldnt hold him hostage like alexis

22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kovacic is not a dm, he is a dribbler and passer higher up the pitch

MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  23. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah i was able to see some clips of him now. Its obvious hes not a dm. Is he much of a shooter because it didnt seem like it from the clips i saw. Im getting a huge Hleb vibe from this guy. And i could definitely get into that especially at the expense of Ramsey.

24. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Banega - making a difference....

that Messi goal - woof

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator