News: les deux matches amicaux face à l'Allemagne et l'Angleterre

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Nov 5, 2015.

1. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Just wanted to talk a little football because it's important that life moves on. Ben Arfa and Gignac should be starters against England as well as Digne and Scheiderlin. Pogba will likely start on the bench as well as Lass, with Cabaye taking the DM position. Apparently all 23 players voted to play against England, including Lassana who lost his cousin in the attack.

2. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #102 Pandore, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    It's nice to come here and see all the nice messages of support. I honestly still don't even feel like talking about sports.

I had no idea what happened until I saw @SuperSebGrimaldi's post. My heart sank and it was such a nightmare not knowing if my family members/friends were okay. My heart is broken for all the innocent lives lost and for the assault on our amazing city.

I'd also like to thank the England fans for their incredibly touching support against France during the friendly.

And then this...

First of all, speaking for myself, I hadn't even seen the news yet. But for the others, they probably didn't even realize how bad the situation was yet. Either way, to come in here to say that... well, THAT's terrible. Not sure what you were trying to accomplish.

lefutur repped this.
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they all did and they all sucked. HBA only relatively, APG big time. now we know why he plays in mexico. i'm not saying i could score goals there but you probably could.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BS. Terrible is fanboying when people are dying just outside the stadium. "Didnt know" does not count since you shouldve known. The German announcer stopped commentating the game after half time. This was either gross negligence or lack of empathy. In any case it was disgusting!

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Wow, you're a terrible person. Have some ********ing respect.

No, I really did not know. And to accuse me or anyone else of lying is really pathetic.

lefutur repped this.
  6. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just would to add that on the German channel I was watching, the commentator continued to commentate the game in the 2nd half, but sounded more and more shocked and after it was confirmed to him that there indeed had been victims after the 70th minute or so, he was audibly sobbing and even stated that he was only commentating because it was his duty. He didn't react emtionally to anything on the game (the 2nd goal by France was just accepted and as he said, "There are more important things going on). Usually the commentators get a lot of criticism after every game, but this time the reactions were widely positive to his performance, which many said was "appropiate" and "genuin" given the situation.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the french commentators were not even made aware of the situation until moments before the final whistle, when they said there would be no interviews, they would cut straight to a special report.

i think a big difference is that the overwhelming majority of people in the stadium were french and they wanted to keep them as much in the dark as possible to avoid panic. the decision to keep playing was probably taken on a police level with the idea that the safest situation for those 90,000 people was inside the stadium watching the match.

lefutur and Pandore repped this.
  8. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was barely even watching since I was studying and then I turned the game off when Griezmann went off. Not a single word was mentioned on the stream I was watching. For a stranger to come in here and imply, without a shred of evidence, that I (along with the others he criticized) care more about watching a France friendly ( :rolleyes: ) than about the safety of my family members and/or friends is so insulting. Thank you (not directed at the person I'm quoting), we really needed that this week.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Exactly. My cousin and his wife were at the game and said they had no idea. The decision was made (rightfully) to avoid panic, which could have caused a stampede or something.

10. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont mean to imply anthing or insult anyone, I just read one post here and replied since I was watching the game and wanted to clarify something you can also find a lot of (German articles) praising the performance of the German commentator. Of course it could be that you were watching a different channel, I was watching ARD since they provided legal online streaming on high quality.

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...artels-ein-krisenreporter-wurde-aid-1.5560026

11. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I understand. My post was towards your friend, but I only quoted you since I was tired of this going on.

I was watching a French stream, not sure why I would watch one in German. There was nothing said the entire time I was watching.

12. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Same here. Not gonna let some troll make me feel bad about being in the dark about the situation either. He only came in here to announce that the result didnt matter anyway. If you look at his posts on the German boards he gets ridiculed by the other Germans for being an over-the-top fanatic.

Pandore repped this.
  13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol wut? link?

14. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Dude. Seriously. Stop. Why are you on our boards anyway, unless you want to make French supporters feel bad?

Pandore repped this.
  15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know what? It would have been totally ok for me for you to go like "Sorry, I didnt know it. It was a fault".

Instead you kept on digging your grave. Now live with it.

16. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    We're supposed to apologize to you? Are you out of your mind?

Pandore repped this.
  17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some people have the decency to admit they made a mistake. Some people are trying their best to shy away from that by trolling. Anybody here can make a judgement by themselves what kind of person you are. Im out.

18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club: