News: les deux matches amicaux face à l'Allemagne et l'Angleterre

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by StarrMatthieu, Nov 5, 2015.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    2015 !

La liste :

Gardiens : Benoît Costil (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham, ANG), Steve Mandanda (Marseille).

Défenseurs : Lucas Digne (AS Rome, ITA), Patrice Evra (Juventus Turin, ITA), Christophe Jallet (Lyon), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal, ANG), Eliaquim Mangala (Manchester City, ANG), Bacary Sagna (Manchester City, ANG), Mamadou Sakho (Liverpool, ANG), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid, ESP).

Milieux : Yohan Cabaye (Crystal Palace, ANG), Lassana Diarra (Marseille), Blaise Matuidi (Paris-SG), Paul Pogba (Juventus Turin, ITA), Morgan Schneiderlin (Manchester United, ANG), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle, ANG).

Attaquants : Hatem Ben Arfa (Nice), Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich, ALL), André-Pierre Gignac (Tigres, MEX), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal, ANG), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid, ESP), Anthony Martial (Manchester United, ANG).

2. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    wow. wow. No Benzema or Valbuena for these matches. and Ben Arfa and Gignac are called up. crazy times.

soji22 repped this.
  3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They are involved in a blackmail/sex scandal.

I won't even comment on that ridiculous list. :laugh:

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Yes, I know. Ben Arfa does deserve a callup however. As for Gignac, I'm sure he's playing better than Lacazette.

I hope Martial gets a start on the left wing with Griezmann on the right and Giroud in the striker role.

5. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No, I wasn't even referring to Ben Arfa, who has absolutely earned this. I can't comment on Gignac since I haven't seen him play (who the hell has other than DD apparently?), but it's odd. My comment was more about the defense and midfield.

6. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    #6 the one and only, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    What other options does he have in those positions though?
    And DD has bascially been chosing these same players in the defense and midfield, i doubt he'll change that now with few months left before the euros. And it's not like these players are performing badly with their clubs either...

As for the formation, i think that DD should leave the 4-3-3 idea because there're no real wingers appart from Coman. Martial is also good on the wings but is clearly better as a striker, same goes for Griezmann

lefutur repped this.
  7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I actually thought Martial looked awesome on the wing the last time out. But it cant hurt to try different formations. Griezmann instead of Benzema isnt a bad idea at all. Where do you see Ben Arfa playing?

soji22 repped this.
  8. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Super sub for one of the foward players, he'll work better in a 4-4-2 formation though with him being one of the 2 fowards (like he's positionned at Nice).

9. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #9 SuperSebGrimaldi, Nov 5, 2015
    Just here to take props on when I said that both Martial and Coman would be called up within a year, a call I made a year ago :)

On the list Gignac is uh, one would wonder if he's got any blackmail (too soon?) on DD because I didn't expect that at all (I thought Gameiro would be ahead of Gignac if DD was looking to call up an older but somewhat prolific striker).

Disappointed that Laporte is still with Espoirs because he largely deserves to be here in place of someone like Sakho. Also I am, as always, perplexed why Sissoko keeps on getting called up, I get that he's a box-to-box midfielder but last I checked, we have quite a host of those.

Next wild prediction: Thomas Lemar will be called up by this time next year... if not Euro 2016 if he continued the way he was playing for Monaco prior to his current injury

Pandore repped this.
  10. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Here you go. ;)
    [​IMG]

11. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL hey there merci mon ami, I added to the post so it wasn't just to give me an ego... what is your view on the selection?

12. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Euro 2016 lineup:

What DD most likely will select, realistically speaking (as in, employing same formation and historical team selection):

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=9by3v

What I'd like to see:

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=9by3h

I added Thuram as a joke just to show that right back is still a big problem, sadly. Whoever will play DM has to go about his business like Makelele did, no nonsense, and I believe Matuidi or Lass (or even Toulalan) need to emulate that. I believe either Mangala or Laporte would be a better partner for Varane because they are naturally left-sided and are superior to Sakho at the moment. Either way the team looks promising :)

13. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    How about Coquelin?

14. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Definitely in the mix too, but reason why I cited those 3 would be because they emulate what arguably was Makelele's best quality, other than positional sense: having <<trois poumons.>> Don't get me wrong Coquelin is quite tireless too from what I've seen, it's certainly one of his good qualities... in all likelihood though we know DD will likely go with Matuidi and Cabaye/Schneiderlin to go with Pogba unless someone really has a BIG breakout year.

15. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I know they don't play the same position, but i'll take him over Sissoko.
    Lass can also play the box to box role in place of Sissoko if need be.
    If i was DD, i'll drop one central defender and add another midfielder to the squad too...

16. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I would take him over Sissoko in general as a player (so I'm just playing devil's advocate here), though Sissoko does offer one thing than Coquelin doesn't: width. If DD wants to align a more defensive 4-3-3 later in a match, Sissoko can play on the right side... as can Lass because there was a time he was a right back with Chelsea and even under Domenech

17. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes but that's because Coquelin is a defensive midfielder, while Sissoko is a box to box midfielder who can offer width if needed. But like you said, those are also things a player like Lass can do to in place of Sissoko if Sissoko isn't in the team.

18. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just because he's been choosing the same overrated players doesn't mean that he should keep selecting them. Laporte and Umtiti are some examples of players who have deserved to be called up for a while now.

And Kurzawa has barely played for PSG, but he has shown some good stuff overall. I don't think it's fair that some players have been selected even when they barely play for their clubs, while others have been shunned for that reason. The same standard should (more or less) apply to everyone.

SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.
  19. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ideally I agree with you the same standard should apply, but I think sometimes (and I'm not defending DD given that I disagree vehemently with DD since Laporte definitely deserves a callup) it's about picking the best 23 players who make a team, not necessarily the 23 best players available, so when there are players who possess more or less the same attributes, even if in differing quality, they might not be that useful. Case in point is, in my opinion, someone like Flamini back in the years under Domenech where ahead of him were Makelele, Toulalan, Lass, Mavuba. He could have been more deserving of a callup than many of the random attackers who were called up during that era (Hoarau? Puyindula? Savidan? Bueller?), though it was more surplus to requirements.

I think Coquelin is in a similar case now where yes, his performances are able to earn him a callup though what would he offer that isn't already in the team?

Laporte deserves a callup. He has a higher ceiling than Koscielny and he is able to be an emergency left back.

I will politely disagree on Umtiti just because the only match lately I watched of his was this week in the EL, granted the entire team was bad though. I agree Kurzawa deserves though because unless one thinks Digne has proven more in his stint so far than Kurzawa has the last year and a half, it doesn't make sense, unless he is being blacklisted due to what happened back in Espoirs a year ago...

Pandore repped this.
  20. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Deschamps has a slight bias against PSG, which is why Kurzawa isn't being called up. It's not a huge bias, but it's still there. If Kurzawa had went to an average EPL club and wasn't a starter there either, he would still have had more of chance of being called up.

And I agree about the team aspect of the selection, but honestly, it doesn't feel like we've found the 23 best players who make up a team. And if we're being honest, our results have been pretty poor overall. I know we've recently beaten some very small teams, but our results against the likes of Brazil (who are not even that good right now) and Belgium should have prompted more changes.

21. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree. The defense was awful in both those matches. Both Sakho and Koscielny were terrible. Tremoulinas got overrun. We got overrun in midfield (yes we were missing Pogba) but Cabaye, Matuidi, Sissoko, all bad. Giroud ugly. Griezmann struggled.

I feel those who were terrible in those matches and are not considered <<cadres>> in the squad should get a temporary reprieve unless they are in great form with their clubs. In other words, Sakho, Sissoko, Giroud, out.

Who are cadres imo?

GK: Lloris
    D: Varane, Evra(an easy to hate guy, but can you think of a scenario where he doesn't deserve to be in the team, unless we go Kurzawa and Digne?)
    M: Pogba (I'm hesitant to add anyone else here even if Matuidi seems a no-brainer and Pogba doesn't always show his best in the national team because can you see him not in the squad?)
    A: Benzema (legal status notwithstanding)

So in theory we have 16 spots open, though realistically it's probably there are 16 spots sealed if we know DD...

22. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ben Arfa, if he plays, should be given license to roam in the attacking third. He can play as a number 10, false winger, or even as a second striker. Apart from him, I don't really see anyone else who can create in the final third. Valbuena will be missed. Somebody like Payet could have been useful...

23. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I agree with your list, but I'd add Griezmann for sure. He has been the best French attacking player in 2015.

lefutur repped this.
  24. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice to see Ben arfa get a call up

Gameiro should have been called instead of coman

Laporte over sakho any day

25. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    #25 lefutur, Nov 5, 2015
    I'm thinking that DD will instruct Ben Arfa to play as a winger in a 4-3-3 but add some creativity and roam around like Valbuena does. I dont see him using him as a 10 however. Which is why I think we'll see either a 4-3-3 or a standard 4-4-2 without a playmaker.

I'd actually love to see this as the starting formation.

Martial - Griezman - Ben Arfa
    Matuidi - Lass - Pogba
    Digne - (defender) - Varane - Jallet
    Lloris

SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.