Les Bleues - France WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Jul 30, 2013.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    More injury replacement :

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #2078 shlj, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    blissett repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    France 3 Brazil 1

A 3-4-3 very experimental but satisfactory. First cap for Katoto on the wing.

Next game will be tough with the USA coming to prepare for the WC.

blissett repped this.
  5. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
  6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Shitty unfriendly draw, not happy.

blissett repped this.
  7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    France will schedule games from the AFC in preparation for the WC as they have not played those besides Australia ( different football style) under Diacre.
    I guess Japan or China will be asked for a game.

blissett repped this.
  8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, I hope France can do well as I envy Renard success with her national team as I feel like she’s been let down in tournaments about things she could do little about

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    don't see why(other than maybe the group is too weak?). France beat Nigeria 8-0 in an friendly earlier this year.

South Korea is ranked only 14. When they came to play outside their familiar Asia, they lost to Canada 0-3, 0-6 to the US in friendlies/ Ji been their star like forever, with no new faces on the horizon(or strong youth squads)/. The would be wise to bunker v France.
    Norway still only ranked 13th. They had a bit of luck in beating the higher Dutch in qualifiers; home advantage, their pro league was in season at the time. the build in chemistry(as most lay for their domestic league. Their poor showing in their friendly vs Japan might be more indicative on how good they are.

and speaking of chemistry, it;s always been France's strong point since usually 5-8 starters are from Lyon. That the WC is a bit earlier in June(right after the pro season) should help them, along that if everything goes as predicted, at least the higher ranked German or US will e eliminated by the quarter-finals.

The one thing that might hurt them is that the Deacon still hasn't settled on who she wants for central striker & if she's still going with Debzy's arch nemesis, Thinney at AM?

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Write down this name: Lee Min-A. She's a very good emerging player from South Korea. I am not saying she will be the new sensation at WWC, but she did very well so far on the Asian stage.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2086 hotjam2, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    glad to see more upcoming players from Korea. the last few games I saw from them I was more impressed with Ga-ul(spell check) than Ji, yet she got cut from the Flash/ NWSL team a few years back with no playing time, so it seems like they got very little to work with.....

one thing must be said, that the final winner in the last several major tournies all came out of the toughest group(US in WC 2015, GE in 2016 & NED in 2017 EU, JA in 2018 u20 WC). So getting good work out at group play might just be the key to success. But this time around the draw was very balanced, so hence, hard to predict this time around if we go with this formula

btw..............whatever happened to the Nakeshiko thread? It's not anymore at the Japan men's side

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What? Nadeshiko thread is where it's always been,and right now we reached 177 pages in the 2018 thread (here).

hotjam2 repped this.
  13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think underestimating our opponents would lead to a first round elimination, but I know that the coaching staff are already working hard to make sure it does not happen and definitely not an easy draw. Some of us remember the 2002 world cup.

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    well now looks like the Deacon has problems with the lass who just took over leading scorer of the French League from Hegerberg, which is Katato. Guess we wouldn't see France's secret weapon unleashed on Ellis until the WC?
    Kieran Theivam (Tayvam) on Twitter: "Do not expect to see PSG's young forward Marie-Antoinette Katoto for France against the USA on Saturday. Coach Corinne Diacre has had some stern words for her in a press conference this morning. Courtesy of @lequipe. https://t.co/QbEwXKY8Ol"

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, as it was pointed out (in French) in the comments to the Tweet that you embedded in your post, it's probably a problem of maturity from Katoto: it can't be a coincidence that she had big problems with U-20 NT's coach last summer at WWC (to the point that probably part of the reason why France didn't medal at that tournament is on her) and now she has big problems again with another coach at Senior Level.

She can be a top-striker, but if she doesn't care about National Team then she becomes virtually useless: you don't need players in NT who don't have a strong motivation behind them, as it was seen in the U-20 WWC's semi-final; you put Katoto in, a player who's supposed to win you the game, and she botches the deciding PK.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am puzzled because she is in excellent form with PSG. No one wants a repeat of what happened at the U-20 WC.

I mean, you can win 2 men WC with your main striker not scoring any goal, but it won't happen in women's football surely?

The other number 9 are nowhere near as talented as she is.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's why I talked about motivation: if her condition is brilliant with club, it's obvious that something changes in her mental approach when she's in camp with NT. Why? I have no idea, but if, for whatever reason, she can't deliver at NT level what she provides to PSG, then what's the point in playing her? Having, as you mentioned, "your main striker not scoring any goal"?

18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    France v Japan friendly announced 4th of April in Auxerre

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Two more friendlies announced :

Germany at home Thu 28 Feb Laval
    Uruguay at home Mon 4 Mar Tours

sbahnhof and Lechus7 repped this.
  20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Good result against the USA. It looks like up to seven of yesterdays starters will be the same as at the WC :
    Bouhaddi; Torrent, Renard, Majri; Henry, Thiney; Le Sommer.

M'Bock is the second CB ( currently injured)
    Geyoro/Bussaglia will fight for the second CM place alongside Henry
    Cascarino took an option at RW, Diani also plays there. Asseyi did not do herself any favor while on the pitch...
    Up front it is a very complex equation with Diani Katoto Gauvain and Even Sarr in contention.
    Back-ups are also known if they don't lose form or get injured

RB Perisset
    LB Karchaoui ( under threat from Bacha if form drops significantly)
    CB 4th spot open and no great candidate
    CM 4th spot open and no great candidate
    Lack of depth a problem in those positions
    LW no idea who is Le Sommer's back up. Probably a right winger
    AM Dali the current back-up for Thiney

blissett repped this.
  21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Takeways from yesterday:

Bouhaddi had a poor kicking day
    Tounkara very solid
    Cascarino did well
    Diani unusually clinical could have had a HT
    Katoto one goal and promises
    Henry Bussaglia solid

blissett repped this.
  22. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    blissett repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2098 hotjam2, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Very Dominating performance by France.,their easily the best team in the world right now(as they also beat Brazil & the Matildas handily in recent friendlies). But they've done this in the past; peaking at the wrong time, then flopping at the major tournament. For example; they beat the US & the Dutch in friendlies in 2017, only to flop at the Euros months later.
    But if you look at the players that retired after that tournie(Delle, Abily & ,the aging Thomis) but now look at how incredibly well their newbies played(Cascarino, Diani & Katato)and there's simply no comparison on how much faster & stronger these newcomers are as they ran rings around the US(a team that lives on speed).
    So will this finally be the juggernaut that will put France on top? Or has the Deacon let the cat out if the bag a little too early?(her so called secret weapon, Katato). Only time will tell

Btw .......hopefully we'll here from more French fans. I mean the one thing good about US fans is they love to post on their team. The bad is it's si redundant; after reading about a thousand posts; while not bothering to mentioning how well the French did, It's more like; let's start Christen Press' start her left, start at right, play her on top, play her in mid. Come on, there's got to be more to woso than that!

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Judging from the roars from the crowd, the attendance had to be very good (and a good omen for upcoming WWC). :coffee:

25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Officially sold out at 23k, in reality around 18 to 20. It was not full due to the cold weather.

blissett repped this.