Les Bleues - France WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Jul 30, 2013.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What she told us in the mixed zone after the game, is she did not see the ball until the last moment because when the ball was crossed, there was a defender in her line of vision and she had to react at the last second...

gricio61 repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    didn't they loose to Colombia in group play?(which broke the WC woso record for an lower ranked team beating a higher ranked one #28 vs #3)

didn't they go through the group of death unbeaten, and then went on win the championship by the most decisive score ever recorded in WC finals history?

BlueCrimson repped this.
  3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Elodie Ginette THOMIS wonderful international career:(
    2005-2017 ; 141 caps 32 goals
    Final tournaments participation:
    Euro: 2009, 2013, 2017
    World Cup: 2011, 2015
    Olympic Games 2012, 2016
    Trophies:
    Euro U 19 2003, Cyprus Cup 2012/ 2014 , She Believes cup 2017

Merci TomTom

A forward always has to be optimistic contrary to a defender pessimistic...She should have expected that perfect ball from Houara to come to her....Anyway, she was not the one to blame for the defeat but Le Sommer who once again was completely missing in a crucial game. H
    How to make Eugenie our most talented attacking player decisive when it matters most will be one of Diacre toughest task, Bergeroo and Echouafni failed, if Corinne succeeds France have a big chance to win the World Cup.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thomis was one of those players that marked an era, not all in France, but in all of women's football. Her unique style of play was unmistakable and it was recognized, loved or feared by everyone in the world. Respect. :notworthy:

It's funny that it's just at the end of her international career that I learn that her middle name is Ginette. :giggle:

gricio61, Gilmoy and debzy repped this.
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes you are absolutely right with Elodie and her very unique style of play, she is also a lovely girl outside the pitch one of the very few French player who gets along well with everybody.
    As for her middle name neither I knew it was Ginette till today.....I think is better ike that because is quite old and funny..

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So it wasn't just my impression! :giggle: I had thought that it sounded quite a bizarre name and a little ridicolous for a girl like Élodie, but then I had thought: "Maybe I don't know French well enough to properly judge". I turns out I was right, after all, in finding it funny. :p

gricio61 repped this.
  7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    First two friendlies for Coco Diacre
    She seems to insist a lot on the defensive side and organisation in the team. She wants players to be rigourous.

blissett repped this.
  8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I still thought France was the best playing team tho like Germany last Euro's 2016 although they didn't win.

I never really got the feeling that US looked great before the final, tbh no teams imo looked consistently great throughout the tournament. Okay US was impressive in the final but they struggled to defeat China and was lucky against Germany in the semi final. I don't think it was unfair that US won the tournament but I remember them just being solid but not the WOW factor I got when watching France but ofc you don't necessarily win a world cup by playing atttactive attacking football...

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The US wasn't particularly well coached but it had pretty much everything else going for it in 2015; a strong cast in their prime with zero injuries, a close enough tourney that almost gave them a home field advantage. Players that are very comfortable on astro turf(whereas we heard a lot of whining from the Euros).

The US came through with a 5 win & 1 draw. The final was a wash out, over within the first 14 minutes(it was 4-0 all ready). I'm a big fan of Germany, the Bundesliga is by far better than the NWSL, but their one problem is they can't beat the US(they haven't beaten since 2003). Don't see how they were "lucky" in the semis? The US won it handily; Laudehr was easily stopped from penetrating by Klingnberg. Maier was pushed back by Rapinoe. The Germans were forced out of their rhythm & starting taking harmless long shots instead of the short passing/close ups ones that their more famous for. They finally got a pk, but them Sasic blew it as she was going up against arguably the best GK in the world in Solo who also had the advantage of watching tapes of Sasic's previous PK in the France shoot out. Neid finally subbed in the limping Maro, it just showed how desperate the situation became

Top forwards like Press & Leroux barely got any playing time & though she's aged, Wambach still had a strong header game which worked well vs park the bus teams like China & the US could even boast another strong attacking sub in Heath Besides Solo they had two best CB combo around at the time in Johnson/Ertz & Sauerbrunn.

But what made them great in 2015(a strong roster) was to be their downfall an year later at the Olympics . Since the US NT pays well the vets have a strong pull on in & insisted on playing even though so many of them came with still recovering injuries.

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Very unfortunate that Nadine Kessler was injured for Germany, didn't look the same with Leupolz and a 80% Marozsan in that midfield

It's a bit interesting tho that Germany struggle against US, the last couple of years I've viewed Germany to have the better players, but US with better coaching making it hard for the Germans to beat them. US hasn't looked good this year for me tho and I've heard a lot of complaining about Jill Ellis, is she the US version of Steffi Jones or?

As a Germany fan, I won't deny that the US was better (not a landslide better but better), but they were lucky lol. 1st half the US created the better chances, but wasn't able to score. 2nd half was tight until this happened: Johnston should've got a red card for her action against Popp - for me the standout player for the US so far in the tourney. Then ofc you have luck when a player misses her/his penalty. Solo didn't dive the right way. The penalty US got minutes later was not even a penalty, it was outside the box and you might wonder what the hell Krahn could do to get away the theatrical Alex Morgan in the situation. Laudehr should've had a clear free kick right before the pen situation too. See this is having luck in a game: yellow card instead of a red card, opposition missing the penalty and getting a penalty who was no way a penalty. Referee ruined the game for me, but it for me was the best game in the tournament together with France/Germany.

Do you think Sauerbrunn's still gonna be around for the next world cup? I've seen little to Johnston/Ertz in the US NT games, why is she on the bench so much? See, when the two superpowers in women's football have so awful coaches and coaching it really opens things up.

I was so shocked when they lost to Sweden lol. The Olympics was a weak tournament where I ironically sit with the impression that the Germans were the best team in the latter stages of the competition.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1986 hotjam2, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    we're probably getting OFF thread subject, but got to respond & say we put too much emphasis on who wins the World Cup(played only once every 4 years), when so many NT's have shown their up in one year, down the next. Germany's strongest showing this decade was at the 2014 Algarve Cup final when they had a healthy Kessler, Goessling, Maro & let's not forget, Alushi in the same starting lineup.
    The US was down in 2016 cause Haliday Wambach retired & more so cuz Lloyd, Heath, Morgan, Rapinoe were all nursing injuries but refused to sit out the Olympics due to the handsome bonuses given.

Got to go with what the refs say as official; if I remember the French were also whining that they're were robbed(by the ref) in their quarter final loss. Here's non- partisan, FIFA highlights of the game in question which I agree/US rather dominated, but yeah, Sasic should of made that pk as Solo guessed wrong

Germany's one problem for me is that they seem to frown/discourage too much athleticism in favor of more technical aspect, when having a fair balance probably works out better

Ertz got moved over to midfield where she recently scored a brace against the classic tomato can team, New Zealand. Sauerbrunn will probably try to stay as long as she's allowed to as previous mentioned, the US NT pays it's players handsomely

Thomsen repped this.
  12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    World Cup should've been one year earlier, then we would see Kessler and Alushi ):

I can't understand what Majri's arms did up there anyway, was it a natural position? Idk, but then she took her arms behind her back and looked at the referee nervously - like if I was the referee that they I would've perceived it as a handball and therefore penalty because Majri did that. Funny tho that the French needed a deflection to score on the Germans that day :p

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Latest squad list, some newbies called up. Old players still not called up so sent unofficially to retirement like Delie and Thiney.

gricio61 repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    below is the full replay of the France/England friendly. Unlike other countries after disappointment in the last Euros, the French still come out in droves to support of their team., and that's using a mostly B team/or of brand new players. Looks like they've been very successful with it as well, winning 3 straight with tough opponents like England & Spain.

shlj,
    despite not scoring, I like the striker, Gauvin. She put a tremendous amount of pressure on both Houghton & Chamberlain, who flubbed some of their clearances because of it. Amazing for the rest of team that they can win over an A-list squad like England, even though it looked like C suqad/names
    One thing puzzling; why the merry-go-round right before a corner kick? I can understand the need to free up Renard from being marked, by it looks like it;s going to make them more than anything else, dizzy! lol

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think the FFF wants to drive the attendances up in preparation for the World Cup in two years, so they are pushing to get big crowds.

Gauvin is an ok player, but lacks playing time at MHSC now that Jakobsson is back and the coach plays the Bkacstenius Jakobsson pair up front.
    The young French attackers have all a big chance because Diacre clearly has put Thiney and Delie to the bin.

gricio61 repped this.
  16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Oh well, I was wrong Delie is back...

Couple of newbies coming as well.

blissett repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Probably in an attempt to make France lose so Steffi continues in her job

18. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    I am surprised the France senior team has not integrated more players from the highly successful 2016 U-20 Women's World Cup - I was very impressed by Mateo, Garbino, D. Cascarino, Romanelli, etc. I know Delphine Cascarino was in the picture for Euro 2017 but busted her knee. Is she still getting back to form?

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maelle Garbino is rehabbing from a big injury at the moment. Mateo's club form is not the best.

The France B team has a few of the U20 players

GK
    LAUNAY Elisa (LILLE OSC)
    PHILIPPE Laetitia (MONTPELLIER HSC)

DF
    CASCARINO Estelle (PARIS FC)
    DAFEUR Marine (LILLE OSC)
    DHAEYER Pauline (ESOF LA ROCHE SUR YON)
    LORGERE Charlotte (EN AVANT GUINGAMP)
    MANSUY Héloïse (LILLE OSC)
    ROMANELLI Marion (MONTPELLIER HSC)

MF
    BOURGOUIN Laura (ASJ SOYAUX)
    CORBOZ Daphné (FC FLEURY 91)
    LEGER Marie-Charlotte (MONTPELLIER HSC)
    GATHRAT Juliane (GIRONDINS DE BORDEAUX)
    MATEO Clara (PARIS FC)
    TOLETTI Sandie (MONTPELLIER HSC)
    THOMAS Lindsey (MONTPELLIER HSC)

FW
    CAZEAU Kimberley (ASPTT ALBI)
    GAUVIN Valérie (MONTPELLIER HSC)
    LE BIHAN Clarisse (MONTPELLIER HSC)

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's amazing but France by passed some of their previous hyped or up coming players for a whole set of newbies when they beat a veteran English squad last month, Just check their lineup in that game & you'll what I mean
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/matches/2017/10/20/world/friendly-women/france/england/2599961/

in the meantime. the German Federations has made some sort of un official demand of their coach Stefi Jones. win their friendly vs France, or get fired!
    Makes you wonder if the French coach should just loose the game on purpose, lol, since Stefi's style has become so predicable & one dimensional

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The U20 squad is preparing for the u20 World Cup and they have been in camp with a large squad

GK
    CHAVAS Mylène (AS Saint-Étienne)
    LEBASTARD Jade (EA de Guingamp)
    MOITREL Pauline (Stade de Reims)
    PÉCHARMAN Camille (Toulouse FC)

DF
    BACHA Selma (Olympique Lyonnais)
    BAIN Doriane (CB Angers)
    BALTIMORE Sandy (Paris Saint-Germain FC)
    DE ALMEIDA Élisa (Paris FC)
    DECHILLY Pauline (FC Metz)
    DIGONNET Coralie (AS Saint-Étienne)
    ELICECHE Camille (FC Girondins de Bordeaux)
    GALERA Sarah (Toulouse FC)
    OLLIVIER Agathe (EA de Guingamp)
    PIGA Julie (Grenoble Foot 38)
    PRETTE Andréa (Arras FCF)
    THIBAUD Julie (FC Girondins de Bordeaux)

MF
    BONET Élise (Rodez AF)
    BOUSSAHA Lina (Paris Saint-Germain FC)
    DA COSTA Angeline (Rodez AF)
    DAOUDI Sana (Atlético de Madrid)
    FERCOCQ Hélène (Stade de Reims)
    GAVORY Christy (FC Metz)
    OULD BRAHAM Amira (VGA Saint-Maur)
    PAU Doriane (Toulouse FC)

FW
    BOURDIEU Mathilde (Paris FC)
    BOUTALEB Inès (Olympique de Marseille)
    CAPUTO Cindy (Olympique de Marseille)
    KARADJOV Catherine (ESOF La Roche-sur-Yon)
    CASSAGNE Léa (FF Yzeure)
    LAURENT Emelyne (Olympique Lyonnais)
    MALARD Melvine (Olympique Lyonnais)
    PIEREL Chloé (Paris FC)

20 of those players are going to Sweden to play a friendly against Sweden u23 next week.

22. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
  23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Funny old game, a 4-0 defeat where every player played badly. I've rarely often seen a game where from number 1 to 11 , no one manages a performance better than poor.

Experienced players, new players all guilty of slacking around. Some fans already calling from Diacre to be sacked. She used to be assistant manager under Bruno Bini so as soon as she was nominated they started to complain about her :rolleyes:

Such rubbish won't be acceptable for a second game in a row against Sweden. I wonder if Diacre will have the courage to change 11 players actually.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Except when you want to make sure at all costs that Steffi Jones won't be sacked... ;)

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Very clever from the French yesterday. Playing so poor to make sure Steffi Jones continues in her job so Germany are eliminated as a threat for the upcoming world cup lol.

blissett repped this.