Les Bleues - France WNT

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Here is a new thread about FNT, since the former thread "Bini's Babes" died with the change of coach.

Edited to include: Link to Bini's Babes thread.

2. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    So, what do we think of the new coach, so far? :p

3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    As a women's football coach, absolutely nothing since he has no experience at all in this domain. Maybe he will be a complete revelation or maybe not. Time will tell...

His nomination is a big surprise, his name was never given as a possible coach for the WNT. Following Football for 50 years, I knew him as a player of course. He was FNT's GK #3 at some time and, to be honest, I was never convinced by his qualities. But that doesn't matter today...
    He is known for being a very decent and quiet man, respectful to everybody.
    Here is what Noël Le Graët, President of FFF said today about him :

"Philippe Bergeroo has qualities quite close [to Bini's], he has experience of high level with PSG, Rennes and youth selections at the FFF, where he had some good results in recent years. This is someone who comes from the DTN (National Technique Direction), we did not want to look outside. Its mission will be to qualify the WNT for the World Cup in Canada and possibly the Olympics if it goes well. Bergeroo is courteous, this is not a sudden change. "​
    The "good results" with men's youth national selections was a U17 European title in 2004 (Bini was European Champion the year before with the U19 WNT).

The only thing now is to wait and see... I suppose that he probably doesn't know very much about all the players of D1 out of the NT's. So, I think that he will call the usual ones for its first selection in september, with the beginning of WC qualifiers at Kazakhstan. Less three or four players : Soubeyrand of course, who stopped her international career, and maybe Deville, Meilleroux, Tonazzi (who will be 34 in Canada)... He'll certainly watch closely the coming U19 Euro for which France is amongst the favourites.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I so wish the girls to do well at the next WC. I think this France needs to win sth to make it finally our rival on the international stage that it already is on CL level. Youve got the talent, now make sth of it!

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he hasn't won anything since the U-17 euro in 2004 but he's always made a good impression on me. as debzy said in the old thread he's never coached women; he has to start somewhere... but at the top? it could be a blessing in disguise though; without going to the extreme of pat lair, a man's touch might be exactly what's needed. his being chosen over diacre may have this same idea behind it, but above all it's a clean break with the bini years and that can only be salutory.

6. Srallan Shugga

Srallan Shugga New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    So France have disposed of the man who masterminded the thrashing of England.

When I say masterminded, I meant put eleven fit players on the park.

7. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What do you mean exactly by "a man's touch might be exactly what's needed." ?

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    less poetry and more ass-chewing. bini's style of management is straight from hallmark cards.

Dernhelm, Virany and debzy repped this.
  9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    More authority, in other words ? But the reverse of Bini is not "Man", it's just plenty of things, but I don't understand why you put it on the sexual genre aspect. Can't a woman be strong and ferm ? Is firmness only a man's attribute and in no case a woman's ? Or have I misunderstood you ? And isn't there a middle way between Bini's infantilisantes methods on one hand, and army's sergeant-major's ones à la Lair ?

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i was being metaphorical; i agree with you and you have misunderstood me.

11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You say it all Guignol ! It's time to do things seriously.

12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh, ok ! Good :) And sorry for having misunderstood, I have some problems sometimes with American English :p

13. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    guignol , I see you are a moderator now , so I was wondering why we just could continue to talk about team France in the bini's babes thread but change the name and call it equipe de France , as it should be called , this thread's name annoys me .

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i've been a mod for a good while. but not all mods have jurisdiction in all areas. i only do the france board.

that said, i think the thread name is well chosen, especially since a lot of people interested in it parlez none francais. the only change i can think of would be france WNT instead of france womens national football team.

Virany repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is frankly one of the qualities I appreciate the most. I would have been annoyed by the likes of a Patrick Lair-style coach, at least as much as I was annoyed by Bini's projet de vie and amenities...

Since France's NT has been one of the most sympa for me in the last years (although way behind my Nadeshiko Japan :laugh:), I am happy they chose a coach I can seem to get behind and I'll follow his work with interest...

That's all I wanted to say for now (I posted mainly to get updated with the new thread stuff... :giggle:)

16. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok I understand , I was annoyed to lose all these pages from the other thread , but ok if there is no other way it's fine for me .

ps: I never paid attention that you were a mod :eek:....don't know why

17. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Article from Footofeminin, for those who don't read French :

Les Bleues - What games for the French ?

Between the overall schedule and the latest information available, Les Bleues will rely primarily on the qualifying campaign for the 2015 World Cup in the 2013-2014 season. However, the appointment of Philippe Bergeroo could make some changes to friendly games programs. But this should be refined in the coming weeks.

The France begins its qualifying campaign 5000 km away in Astana (Kazakhstan). An opponent who particularly suffered heavy defeats in the race for the Euro (against Germany 17-0, 13-0 against Spain ...). Two other trips follow to Austria and Bulgaria before the first match in France against Bulgaria on 28 November to MMArena in Le Mans. This campaign will continue in April and May and ends in September. On August 20, against Hungary, then on September 13 and 17 against Finland.

As for the preparation matches, a friendly game is scheduled in the overall programm five days before Kazakhstan, and also before Austria. In March, les Bleues could participate in one of the major tournaments, the new staff's position is reamined to be known.

Moreover, D8 still having broadcast rights, it is likely that television broadcasts of less Bleues on TNT are more limited and relegated to D17. It remains to ascertain the position of other broadcasters such Eurosport to buy the rights and produce the games, like that of the FFF via its online TV.

THE TIMETABLE

Playoffs

Wednesday, September 25: Kazakhstan - France, Astana (Khadshimukana Munajtpasova stadium)
    Saturday, October 31: Austria - France
    Saturday, November 23: Bulgaria - France
    Thursday, November 28: France - Bulgaria: 20:50, Le Mans (MMArena)
    Saturday, April 5: France - Kazakhstan: 8:50 p.m.
    Wednesday, April 9: France - Austria: 18h00
    Wednesday, May 7: France - Hungary: 8:50 p.m.

Friendly games and tournaments

Saturday, September 21: friendly match to define
    Saturday, October 26: friendly match to define
    Wednesday, February 12: friendly match to define
    From March 4 to 12: (? Algarve, Cyprus) or tournament friendlies
    Saturday, June 14: friendly match to define
    Wednesday, June 18: friendly match to define

Wednesday, July 31, 2013
    Sebastien Duret​

Romario'sgurl and guignol repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    We will see how many fans there will be in Astana :)

19. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    You mean, supporting Kazakhstan ? :p

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they're not lost, they'll always be there. until recently on BS the standard operating procedure was to close threads at 500 posts and start a thread two... there were technical reasons behind that which no longer exist, but just to say that chopping threads is not the end of the world as we know it.

since i can't edit any posts here except my own (in the france board i can edit ANY post) i will ask gromit to add a link to the old thread in his OP.

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'll bet you're going!

22. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    :laugh: . shlj make sure you take pics and share with us!:thumbsup:

23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Apparently Bruno Bini didn't expect to be sacked :eek:...which means that his contract was until 2015 contrary that many thought and said .....This man will never end to amaze me :ROFLMAO:
    Anyway , the federation reached an unanimity decision to fire him .
    I wonder if Bergeroo have ever see les Bleues play or even a female match....:rolleyes:....In case he never , I suppose he will pass his summer watching all dvd available about french football .
    I wonder if Thiney's magic will work with him too......:ninja:

24. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Got ya covered on the adding a link part.

I might not be very active but I always enjoy reading the talk about the the French WNT. Sometimes the banter is above my head but I enjoy putting the puzzle pieces of teasing info the regulars post together. Keep on keeping on!

I'm looking forward to see what happens with the team now that Bini has been shown the door, which in my opinion was long overdue. He'd gotten them to the level they are but they've plateaued and need a fresh view to see if they can take the next steps. I'm just glad the FFF had the courage to make the change instead of sticking to what was comfortable (unlike the English FA, who need to follow France's lead in coaching changes...but I digress).

guignol repped this.
  25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Thank you and agreed ! :)

By the way, do you know why the "I like" icon keeps appearing and disappearing with no explanations ?