Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Talking about that: for how long Maroszan should stay out injured?

It could be quite relevant since, right now, Slovenia-Czech Republic is underway and the result is 0-4 at 80'. This means Czech Republic could catch up with Germany too within the next 10 minutes...

3. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Popp is quoted that the coaching team is doing a good job

[​IMG]

5. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    never got to see the game, just highlights, but from the 3 goals giving up, the last defender(minus the GK)
    1st goal) Blasse
    2nd goal) lovey dovey Maier
    3rd) goal) Leupolz

but then bequest the question? where the heck were the CB's?

and............why wasn't Popp the lone striker?(instead of AM) Huth or Dallmann are way too short to get to a header
    and I tried telling this even in EURO group play(before the Denmark defeat) yet batfink got all mad at me....and what did I write, that Jones style of trying to take over the midfield first by a meticulous, short passing game without using long balls or wing play(until the FB's arrive) & exempt of any swift counter attacks.........is going to fail. It might work in men's soccer(since men have the athleticism to cover defense deficiencies ala Boating.
    Last week's Potsdam/Wolfsburg game led by two German coaches shows that you can use different styles; WOB excellent use of the wings & Potsdam fast counter attacks via long balls shows that where the GER NT really should be heading

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No-one answered me about Maro: I seem to remember it was a bone-cheek fracture, but how long exactly recovery should take? Of course she won't take part to the next game vs Far Oer (but she wouldn't be needed anyway, or at least we can suppose so), but, after that, when should she be back playing?

Also, I can't help being curious about "the day after" in Germany: is anyone discussing Steffi Jones? Has DFB confirmed support to her or did we hear any kind of defeaning silence?

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Deafening silence. Forums have followers bitching about it, DFB is getting fired at on all social media accounts. DFB itself is publicly displaying itself in business as usual mode. No surprise though if there would be big trouble internally. Big problem is there is no transparency or accountability in DFBs women's section and the press doesnt really care whilst tv broadcasters are stateowned and with their heads up DFBs ass. E.g. yesterday when the loss and nonperformance got more and more obvious the announcer more and more talked Iceland up as if Germany just was about to lose to the US in the US or something. The same happened after the Denmark loss

blissett repped this.
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's completely irrelevant if Marozsan ever returns to this team any time soon. Like everybody else who's been part of this mess, all she's been doing under a hapless Jones is wondering around the field like a lost zombie.

See, under any other circumstance this WC qualification group would have been assessed a pretty terrible collection of teams to potentially challenge a fully functioning Germany. So I can't see any positives transpiring should the captain return.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You want to know why I seem frustrated with many of your assessments on this program... it's your typical level of heavy handed tactical analysis of what you feel the German system is, isn't, or should be, always sounding pretty damn awful lol.

Yes, I couldn't foresee the critical flaw of me stupidly wanting to believe Högner (a far more experienced coach) eventually stepping in to take a more dominant role over the Euro team; but seeing you constantly confusing a coach (Neid/Jones) not knowing how to build a modern German wnt, as a solid platform for legitimate tactical analysis is, well.. slightly infuriating.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats no biggie, finkens. We are all frustrated with your posts since you havent watched a game for like since the olympics and still you come around with what you feel the German system is, isnt, or should be.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I still see the German women's program having a well run youth department (well... partly), where it's just seen the creation of it's first U-16 team, also recently forcing changes to the nations 2nd division in hopes it helps the future development of more national youth too; so there's still some people with a clear vision for this program.

And it's with this kind of insight I often roll my eyes reading your random assertions about Germany needing to follow the more simplistic styles of other nations (many of them far less successful wnt's programs), when it's pretty clear the biggest issue for the senior team remains it's inability to replicate the style of football all these girls all grow up replicating before they ever reach the senior player pool.

So it's like you've already hinted at, you can look at the national youth/cubs teams and still see signs and remnants of the more successful parts of a historically strong German football identity/philosophy; meaning I will always completely disagree with views of this rich legacy ever being thrown out of the window, potentially creating even more distractions that will only further confuse the senior teams already muddled identity.

The main factor that's need here is the senior team having a coach who can finally usher in the more dynamic elements of the domestic club and highly successful youth program. And that isn't going to happen following the disorganized approach of randomly blowing everything up because the DFB won't act like their dealing with professional athletes.

Romario'sgurl and blissett repped this.
  13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This wall of text was presented to you by quod erat demonstrandum

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I actually don't have access to German press (can't read the laguage), but this article in English (although unaccurate in some points: for instance, 1st Iceland's goal wasn't "headed in") suggest that Steffi Jones is now "under considerable pressure" (whatever it can mean), despite the new contract signed in August.

If the translation of Jones' words in this article is accurate, her analysis sounds incredible simplistic to me: not enough "willingness to run"? no "right posture"? Really? So is it all on the players? No tactical mea culpa whatsoever? o_O

Meanwhile, the Icelandic, in pure nordic style, seem to keep it all quite low-profile: just little articles like this one on Iceland Monitor.

And their coach keeps saying that Germany is favourite to win the group (his interview here, after Popp's and Gunnarsdottir's, at about 4':00" of the video), but everyone saw the way he screamed and celebrated after the final whistle. :giggle:

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah in the post game interview she basically threw the team under the bus and I think no decent coach would ever do that.

But then again this isnt the first time. I think the last decent game after which she didnt criticize the team for not implementing what they had talked about was at the shebelieves cup earlier this year. She seemed pretty pissed after all those months now seeing her team letting her down again. Its not available on youtube but here

https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sporte...frauen---deutschland---island-clip-2-100.html

"It cant be the case that someone beats us this easily. That we say they will counter and they will be dangerous on throwins and in the air in general. That was by far not enough."

"It starts with the willingness to run, the body language how you go into 1v1s and you clearly see the Icelanders "wanted it" and we didnt and we didnt try to fight back and so we are always the losers. If we dont take it up a notch, if we dont change our attitude, that really we have to "eat the grass" in a literal meaning, then we will need a long time before we can come back to winning. "

"The problem is that the team planned to implement all the stuff we said but eventually they could not implement it on various positions and the result is we lost our rhythm and game. We arent compact anymore and through easy mistakes we concede goals making it even harder for us."

"Ive got a clear plan, I know where we want to go. We prepared this team the best it can be prepared..... and that is why I am so angry because I know what the players said before the game themselves, that they wanted to implement the game plan, that they will give their best, that they will dominate this game against Iceland and then they didnt do it.

blissett repped this.
  16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Steffi has a game plan that won't ever work with such a weak defense

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At this rate, how long before it's the players themselves throwing Steffi under the bus? o_O

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you ask me, they have let Steffi down so many times thats basically their way of throwing her under the bus.

And I also think there is something wrong within the team. They dont like each other and they dont like Steff

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm wondering what Popp told Steffi post match yesterday

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, throwing away a chance at WWC to get rid of a coach would be quite radical: if we'd be really at this, it would be something more extreme than just "not liking".

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They will qualify anyways. Perhaps they will need the playoffs but there is no way UEFA will let their best horse at home at a home WWC. After a Jones demise and under a new coach they will win all the games including the last game in Iceland, it's almost impossible to not qualify

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, at the moment it seems at least in the realm of possible, and, by your claim that UEFA won't let it happen, you seem to suggest that the qualifying process could be in any way rigged? :cautious:

Anyway, I guess I'll take your statement that "It's almost impossible to not qualify" and I'll put it in my personal fridge, to re-open it about one year from now (or whatever it takes for qualifiers + play-offs). I am curious to see what the look of it will be, then.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Id go as far and say Jones could even stay in office until the end of qualification and Germany would still stumble their way through. It also showed yesterday when players didnt seem to see a loss to Iceland as a problem for qualification but the public image of the women's team. "We make everything kaput that we have created for womens soccer (in this country)"

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I wonder if Iceland and Czech Republic see it the same way...

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Of course. Germany were abysmal in Prague and still stumbled their way through. On a day when the Czech were at their best. Who is to come in playoffs who could threaten Germany Im asking you?

I rest my case.

They lost this cause they want to get rid of Jones. They know theyd inevitably run into real trouble at a tourney again with Jones at helm. They surely dont want to embarrass themselves again infront of the nation making less money than they already make