Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Publicly, the Maedels appear to stand firm behind their coach.

Team spricht sich für Steffi Jones aus
    Nach dem Viertelfinal-Aus der deutschen Mannschaft plädieren Spielerinnen für den Verbleib von Steffi Jones. Auch Kollegen stärken der Trainerin den Rücken.

2. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    " Winter is coming ", but I wouldn`t put it pass the german federation to keep ignoring the warning signs. I hope they will remember what happened to the men`s team at the turn of the century. " The North remembers ".

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ??? What are you talking about? Germany was title holder and current Olympic Champion...their failing at 1/4 finals is certainly bigger than ours.
    Danke danke, but we are Regulars to the 1/4 finals club while you're not....so I must say Willkomen im Club :thumbsup:.

blissett and Weltmann repped this.
  4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Lot of criticism from Bern Schröder.

first thing i want Germany to do is to establish modern CB's in the team, i hope and think Peter's done as first choice CB for Germany

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i don't want Steffi to continue
    if she's allowed to continue and still plays Peter/Henning i'll not be pleased

Elsig/Hendrich/Demann/(Wensing??) - time for the new generation

probably only good for Germany that they lost against Denmark, will only benefit them before the WC 19

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He did retire from coaching one year ago, didn't he? What is he doing now?

7. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Weltmann repped this.
  9. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Since Germany won`t win sh#t in the next years, I can just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Now that I think about it.....that`s not so bad at all. Bring out the deck chair and the martini.:cool:

blissett repped this.
  10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    then i expect Steffi to learn from her mistakes and hopefully chance first choice of CB's :S

11. marush

marush Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Yes, of Course. Italy the big favourite for 2019.

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe @Batfink died on Sunday bc of what Jones did

13. marush

marush Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Without no doubt. If there is a home and a away game. Germany would win the second game 5:0 against denmark. Bad day of germany, bad tactics. Denmark is underestimated. But denmark loves it to be underestimated. They loved it when the germans send their bag before playing.

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry, the fact that I am Italian, if you don't know me, can mislead, but I guess my avatar gives away quite clearly that I am mostly a Nadeshiko Japan fan, and I was referring to that. I maybe should have clarified, but many people on these threads know me quite well.

Frankly I have serious doubt that Italy will even qualify for WWC 2019, unless they change the coach very soon. :coffee:

15. marush

marush Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Germany played very bad. But it is not a big surprise that you are not winning two big tournament in row in such a short time. USA 2015 WC 2016 olympic tournament qf out. And the usa had won nearly every olympic tournament.

What we know about germany is what we see and hear.
    I have always heard of the flat Hirarchy in the German team.
    Normally this is not good for a team. You should always have players who are the leaders. On the field and outside of the field.

16. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    He's 75 years old and was coach of Potsdam for 40 years (plus a 5 year break as sporting director). He deserves the spare time now.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    but Germany have the players to do well next world cup, so with better coaching Germany can create a very very powerful team again

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think it's all bad, Germany won the Olympics last year. they were a bit off this time around. Hopefully Jones learned a lesson & changes her tactics away to what batfink refers as the ';dbf playbook' to a more swifter, counter attacking one that uses wingers in the forefront. At the 2014 u20 WC, Meinert switched tactics to a side that laid back, counter attacked with long balls & high pressed any opponent that was playing it from the back. Austria has made it all the way to the semis by similarly by having 3 attackers upfront while forgoing any size able midfield presence. The thing with Austria's they're doing it with Bundesliga B type players, but their tactics are so much different than Jones who still insists on playing the out dated; win control of the midfield before launching an attack.

Jones did some good things in the Denmark game. She tired a high press, but it was fluff at best; it's really something you got to train/practice & condition for. She started newer players like Dallmann & Doursoon,and finally put in Magull at AM. But Dallman with her small height, wasn't exactly who you needed upfront unless your fast breaking, she obviously wasn't going to be to get to headers with the crammed space in the penalty box.. Magull came at a cost; Jones took out Demann & moved Maro back to DM. This turned out to be huge mistake. far from being the world's best player( as you & batfink keep insisting), she couldn't handle defending Pernile Harder, twice ripped the ball under Maro's feet. And then it was her(plus Kerchowski) that turned around& stopped playing after seeing the flag go up from the linesman(even though the ref didn't blow the whistle for stop play).

Hopefully too that Jones in the future will start using swifter, more athletic players like Bremer, Schuler & Elsig. As previous mentioned if Austria can reach the semis with B players, just think what Germany can do with A type players?
    batfink died a double death, as that Sunday. across the Atlantic. his beloved Nadishiko got annihilated by a very 'athletic', Australia in the Tournament of Nations

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    hopefully Jones gets rid of Peter as first choice CB, i don't think Jones's gonna chance type of play (since she has that idea about dominating the game and midfield) which is fine 4 me since i don't want every team to play counter football - obviously teams who doesn't possess the talent pool that Germany have play that way very understandable, but Germany have the talents and depth to play "atttactive" football.

I think Jones has to know her best team (since she's said there's no A or B team) and let them play together some games, not constantly rotate the team every game (especially not in a tournament).

also she has to get a goalscorer in the team for the next world cup (popp?? Islacker??) mittag's done. Maybe Schüller?

also auf wiedersehen to Blässe, Henning, Peter and Kerschowski, they've failed big time this year, and if Jones's talking about developing the team then there's time for Maier/Elsig/Hendrich/Demann/Wensing/Simon/Faisst...

i would also love to see Anna Gerhardt for the NT soon...

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thomsen repped this.
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    gricio61, applepie71 and blissett repped this.
  22. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    Spielverlagerung.did a piece on Jones tactics saying it was an interesting concept considering the challenges of today. It could work. But it didnt cause the players didnt implement it right and blocked themselves in buildup. So especially the last game turned out a horror show where the midfield was all over the place.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany