Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    After a previous stand out performance in a #10 role vs Netherlands, even with absentees it made zero sense to see Marozsan in a DM role vs Norway; and this only made worse with the odd early substitution of Magull, leaving the team without any #10's on the field for the rest of the match.

Klasen - Simon - Bremer - Rauch, could have all started vs Norway, providing the coaches with healthy information on what potentials these players have for the wnt.

Seeing Huth, Rauch, Hendrich miss clear cut 2nd half chances doesn't change the fact Jones wasted an opportunity to try new things here.

And the fact you remain so quiet on the latest Henning horror show tells me your being completely disingenuous of why these matches even take place too.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Assessing the credibility/viability of individuals at the highest levels of international football, requires the use of international friendlies.

In the few international friendlies/matches we've seen with Germany's new coach, Henning - Peter have been the consistently worst players in each and every game. Blässe - Popp - Kerschowski - Mittag - Kemme have had highs and lows in every games we've seen. With Hendrich - Faißt - Huth - Marozsan - Magull - Doorsoun - Maier the standouts for consistently good performances under Jones.

Goeßling had 45 mins looking fantastic in a DM role, and now appears irreplaceable. Demann's played CB once, and looked fantastic too; and this with a host of other names like Dallmann - Petermann - Bremer etc... all waiting to get more time to impress or fail under the new coaching staff.

So even if winning isn't everything right now, why should anybody who follows women's football ignore any of this....?

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #478 Batfink, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    -------------------- Benkarth ------------------
    Klasen --- Hendrich -- Peter --- Simon
    -------------------- Doorsoun -----------------
    Bremer -------------------------------- Magull
    -------------------- Marozsan ------------------
    --------- Islacker -------------- Huth ---------

This any worse a starting line up than the waste of time Jones chose to start vs Norway..?

3 GK's = Schult - Weiß - Benkarth

7 DF's = Maier - Demann - Hendrich - Faißt - Peter + find 2 more (Kerschowski? - Blässe? - Simon? - Klassen? - Bremer?)

7 MF's = Däbritz - Magull - Kemme - Doorsoun + find 3 more (Dallmann? - Leupolz? - Goeßling? - Laudehr? - Bremer?)

6 FW's = Mittag - Huth - Petermann - Popp - Marozsan + find 1 more (Islacker? - Kayikci? - Bremer?)

Going on the history of various international teams squad selection preferences, current coaching trends, and player fitness, thinking of the Euro's, it would have been far more beneficial for Jones to start the likes of Bremer - Islacker - Klasen - Hendrich - Simon - Benkarth vs Norway.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Them complete dunces at Lyon, you know people who know nothing about football of course, intend to transfer Josie back to France.

[​IMG]

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't call this "a meaningless friendly" putting Maro into the unfamiliar DM spot(when we all know she's going to be the play maker) nearly caused her an serious injury(again, this was against a way more physically stronger team),

How many more times does Jones need to put a back field just to suit Schult? It's not like WOB is on top of the Bundesliga(their only at #5). Jones might as well replace Schult, if she can't seem to play with other defenders(like NOT reading Bremer's back pass that got intercepted)
    The only thing this 'WOB defense' needed to do was stop Hegerberg from scoring(seriously, nobody else knows to score in Norway, except the often injured Hansen),

This might be the last game until the She Believes Cup where the competition is significantly stronger(than the one man scorer, Norway)

OMG, batfink, I forgot Goessling, I guess seeing my Elsig as supreme de facto at DM vs mighty Lyon a few years ago we'll be all but a fading memory!

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys clearly have a problem when you dont realize that Henning starting in November means shit about her starting next summer. And you can say the same about every position when they had like 3 days preparation and 14 players missing. It's enough time. There is time until like May before anything of this is worth debating. Shebelieves my ass! No instead you're acting like euro starts tomorrow and any of these random lineups mean shit and that Jones is not doing her homework. The only thing worth debating is the system that hasnt changed until now, if it is the right system and if the players tested in positions can play those positions. Instead you're seriously trying to make a point for Elsig starting at CB or DM in a meaningless November friendly with 10 other random players. This is complete pointless guys.

I bet as an answer to this you will again try to explain to me why this or that player has to start when I just said debating this is completely useless in the moment. are you bored? kommt mal klar leute!

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reading this completely random rumor that I've not seen anywhere else I frequent concerning the topic of women's football, I could act like you stamping my feet demanding proof, but hey..... if Lyon are genuinely dumb enough to sign this version of Henning for their current squad, French football has far more issues connected to the development of their youth than I personally thought possible right now....:cautious:
    No, we all know things can/will change before the Euro's first match, but simply acknowledging the legit concerns of Jones methods isn't some treasonous plot I started. Not when it's something that's been a concern since the last 5 years of Neid not willing to address the same/similar positional issues to her teams.

I've always agreed with you on the topic of friendlies generally being a perfect opportunity for trail and error, understanding the obvious facts of Jones currently missing a huge amount of her likely Euro starters; but ignoring the the concerns people raise over the CB's and DM positions is increasingly irrational on your part, and more odd now given the clear options defensive Jones now has to pick from, thanks to the healthy club competition witnessed every week within the domestic league.

See, everybody likes Jones new system. Everybody likes the reintroduction of a clear/attractive attacking philosophy again. And everybody seems to have far more positivity about the wnt heading towards another Euro's-WWC cycle; but within this wave of positive opinion, various people (no matter how much you want to ignore it) also voice constant concerns over CB and DM options, and wonder why the spine of the team was so unimaginative in their latest match vs Norway.

So if your still unwilling to find varied opinions around the web, don't throw tantrums when these same opinions I've talked about start to show up around here in the posts of other avatars with little or no connection to seeing the continued success of the German wnt.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #483 Batfink, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Yes, your not crazy mentioning this, as this for me it's like France choosing to use prime Zidane as a deep lying DM/Playmaker, completely ignoring the fantastic assist and goal ratio of a truly great #10...:speechless:

Strong 1v1, dominant aerially, with an increasingly dynamic and proficient ability to produce intelligent passes from the back, I personally don't feel Elsig is at her best as a DM... however, if it's with the wnt's new diamond system...
    ------------------------- GK ----------------------
    ----------- Hendrich ------ Demann ----------
    ---------------- (Henning) -------------- (Peter) ----------------
    FB -------------------- Elsig ----------------- FB
    ----------------------------- (Marozsan) --------------------------
    ------------ CM ------------------- CM -----------
    --------------------- Marozsan ------------------
    -------------------------------- (Popp) --------------------------
    --------- FW ----------------------- FW ----------

A DM Elsig is still a major upgrade on having to see the spine witnessed vs Austria and Norway ever again.
    This is a topic that White/Blue doesn't want to address, but this is an old and glaring issue that Jones said she'd deal with post her efforts rejuvenating other critical areas first (the attack)... and I can't believe her or the new coaches will still persist with the current defensive options in 2017...:unsure:

The league suggests there's better options yet to be selected for the national team, with examples like Demann currently looking a level above both Peter - Henning while playing a major role within a bottom of the table Hoffenheim side, showcasing the improved options potentially available to Jones should any other constantly strong but unheralded league players also gain access to the national team.

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #calledit

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... this from a mind unwilling to see or address this...
    But still living within his own distorted reality goes on to reply with this....
    Even if your related to players on this team, the level of cognitive dissonance shown here is starting to fall into the realm of bad comedy...

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is a bit rich coming from a poster who has proven himself to be a bad liar

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    (Pop-corn gallery) :coffee: With no forewarning, German threads have become some kind of attrition war/psychological drama for two. I see the plates get thrown around, as in the best comedy tradition, but I do wonder how long it will take before any other reader will lose interest in this and the threads will implode on themselves...

Oh well! (getting back on the standings with my bag of pop-corn).

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It is a drama for two only cause you come by so seldom ;-)

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Was busy watching Japan beat USA at U-20 WWC third place match...

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah and the weeks before were only preparation, I see :laugh:

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    See, we needed to school USA, one way or another: when they disappointingly lost the semi-final vs Korea, we were forced to do the same vs France... :coffee:

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but the coincidence la Panico gets another chance to create panic in Germany's defense at next year's Euro didnt seem worth a visit to you?

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actully Patrizia Panico retired this year, a week after her 41st birthday. ;)

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats the good news of the weekend I guess. Anybody else we'll have to watch out next year?

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure, I follow Japan's football way more closer than our Italian domestic league... :coffee: You should ask Gricio61, who's better informed than me.

Anyway, I'd keep an eye on 22 yo Valentina Giacinti, an athletic and prolific goal-scorer, who's probably going to play somewhere abroad next season, and on 19 yo Verona's FW Marta Piemonte, from the U-17 bronze-medal-winning team from 2 years ago in Costa Rica (although I am not sure if Cabrini will bring her in Netherlands or not).

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, calling me a lair because your either too dense, lazy, or just incompetent to navigate the internet...:rolleyes:

I told you about the small sample of places you could go and read various opinions formed by other people who follow these players closer than many of us around here; meaning if YOU don't want to do any of that, doesn't make me a lair.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #497 Batfink, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    @White/Blue_since1860 Thomsen as a Norway fan came in here during the recent friendly match and laughed in your face, but you choose to ignore this, to instead randomly call me out as a lair once again, for stating simple facts of a coach having other options. And then hotjam2 raises more long standing issues, but you also choose to dismiss him as if your the only rational voice in a land of avatars wearing tin foil hats.

But the last time I checked though, opinions concerning the topic of Henning being a player past her physical prime aren't new, or fallacy; with me stating there's better options to replace somebody like Henning not being new either, as these views only increase around fans of the German scene witnessing the form of Postdam's two CB's closer than you or I ever will.

So it's pretty obvious that none of these opinions are lies designed to deceive/confuse anybody interested in following the German wnt, with it being your own odd compulsion to attack anything I say being the real issue here, in ways that's always suspect to anybody that understands why people might enjoy breaking down and discussing the patterns and trends of football, in ways that make for some interesting discussion in places like this.

Of course you might be some weird SJW who doesn't like to read or hear women being criticized (they exist around here...:cautious:), but it's clear to most people I've seen commenting on Germany's wnt that their CB's stink, with views on Henning - Peter constantly looking completely overwhelmed all the time, becoming way more common than your willing to accept right now too.

Are Potsdam's Elsig - Wesley the answer to any of this... well, using the wnt form of Hoffenhiem's Demann, and Frankfurt's Hendrich, I'd say YES! But the idea this shouldn't be discussed because of the Euro's still being months away, or these opinions not having any real effect on the team is...:confused:, as nothing any of us say on BS as fans will ever have a positive or negative effect on a teams ability to accomplish anything in this sport.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I bet with myself if batfink finally understood that this isnt about any player but yes, Ive lost the bet to myself. Always believing in the best in people is my weakness

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #499 Batfink, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    What is it all about then...?

I told you where to look for more varied opinion, you didn't want to listen.

I've formed non divisive opinions that fans following other nations have also posted in here, but YOU'VE chosen not to acknowledge this little fact either.

You've regressed to showcasing increasing annoyance for people daring to discuss critical analysis of this team and it's new coach, as if this isn't the time and forum to do exactly that...:confused:

I could go on, but why don't you tell me exactly what the issue is, and why you've been so wronged with all my (and others) evil Elsig > Henning talk....? Nobody's allowed to mention how the German wnt or it's players have flaws..?

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [Warning]
    If.... (open)
    Henning joining Lyon is fix there will be a huge party going on here

[/Warning]