Leicester City v Liverpool - EPL - Feb 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RevsLiverpool, Feb 19, 2017.

1. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp said it was going to take a long time. This is what he was talking about.

Be patient.

CB-West repped this.
  2. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even back 5-6 years, Lucas couldn't cover a player like Vardy. That's really not Lucas' game and it never was. Playing him out of position was a bad idea to begin with. The CB position at LFC this season has been poorly managed by Klopp. Klavan has proven a bust so far but what did we anybody expect for 7M? Our best pairing may be Matip & Lovren but who knows anymore?

3. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think most of us are patient understanding this is a long build Klopp has signed up for. But this season has been a bit crazy-making, starting with results far above reasonable expectations then crashing into results way below expectations. Difficult for people to modulate their reactions with such a roller coaster ride.

4. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What wingers?

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It takes time to beat the shit teams? We're doing swimmingly in the giant killing department.

Klopp's trust in Can and Lucas is very strange indeed.

6. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes - Patience is needed...but it is frustrating too...we have been on some bad form this year (2017) so far - except for games agains the top sides - draws vs ManU and Chel$, and the win over Spurs - which shows what we are capable of (even the draws against MU and Chel$ - we dominated that games and "should have" won)...
    But we can't break down the defensive sides, and then, yesterday, the wheels fell off and again, although we dominated possession, we give up goals too easily...
    Since the New Year...we are 1-3-3 in the Premier League...with 9 goals scored and a -3 in goal difference...yet we have a +22 goal difference overall...need to find our goal scorers again...

7. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what is Vardy's attribute speed, eye for goal , so why did klopp have us defending so high up the field so that he can run behind Lucas. he had 16 days to come up with that last night, so shocking. we had to defend deeper close the space nullify Vardy. i blame Klopp for last nights defeat

8. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean the wide strikers

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree re the long-range volley. but migs was one of our better players, he made a number of good saves early on.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not digging at Lucas - I love the guy and he always gives 100%. but Klavan should be being selected at CB not Lucas.

delaynomo repped this.
  11. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And I remember him getting regularly slaughtered for it on our old boards ..............

12. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not a dig at you, mate. Actually agreeing with you completely, and feeling badly for the player as he is being asked to do the impossible (for him).

13. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not spending at all nearly always means no title winning team these days?

14. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But don't forget there are two other teams for whom money is no object and another few who can afford to buy some top players. These days a big spending side should be guaranteed Top 4 but is not guaranteed the title.

15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #240 delaynomo, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Last year was great and am happy for Leicester. But let's be honest, it was a once in a generation type event (if that).

Looking at it another way, the previous time one of the three big spenders didn't win was in 03/04 (won by Arsenal who are no paupers).

Money talks .......

16. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Fairly sure I've seen him on clips speaking decent English.

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    yep, and given that Chelsea MC and Manure will spend whatever the hell it takes to succeed, that means there's only 1 CL space for everyone else to fight over.

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    true. he overdid it though I think.

last night we changed tactics at HT to go 3 at the back. that's really the only change Klopp goes with and only when the chips are own. I can't recall him starting a game with a different setup/approach than the one we're used to seeing.

19. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Think he's played a midfield diamond a few times?

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    could be ... tbh I don't really notice the difference once the game starts.

21. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    True. Formations are great on paper but it's what happens on the pitch that matters!

22. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since 1992:
    1. Manchester United – 13 Titles
    2. Chelsea – 4 titles
    3. Arsenal – 3 titles
    4. Manchester City – 2 titles
    5. Blackburn Rovers – 1 title
    6. Leicester City1 title
    Arsenal and Blackburn are/were hardly paupers.

So in 24 years, only Leicester have won it with a "mid-table" budget.

Got to pay to play in the Premiership ...........

23. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I've seen an episode of Footballers cribs equivalent and Coutinho speaks good English

24. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I dunno maybe my standards are higher for a keeper.....I honestly believe the Drink water shot was at a good hight and pace for a keeper to pull off one of those 'saves for the cameras' although Migs did make fair amount of saves in the game

And looking at the bench, was there a real option to make a difference?....Hendo was injured and there was no real replacement to fulfil his role

It just highlights the lack of investment in the squad which seriously needs addressing in the summer

25. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You mean "Got to pay to win the Premiership....."