Leeds - Tottenham (FA Cup) [R]

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by mellon002, Jan 20, 2010.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Noon this Saturday on FSC for those of us in the States.

2. Simmonie

Simmonie Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Paterson, NJ
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    2 live matches in one season!!! Whoohoooooooooo

3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    What a game!! This was a great game for you guys and one of the most entertaining ones i have seen in the FA Cup. this was the first time i have seen Beckford play and Wow he is an amazing striker! Well i wish you guys the best of luck in the next game! :)

Can anybody give me more info on Beckford? How long has he played with you guys and is there any premiership on foreign teams after him??

Here is some info i found on him
    http://www.leedsunited.com/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10273~36340,00.html

4. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Beckford signed from Wealdstone in 2006 after spells as a trainee at Chelsea. At the time there were plenty of scouts watching him, but Kevin Blackwell persuaded him to sign for Leeds. he found it tough at first, in the relegation season he found it hard to make an impact, but did well on loan at Carlisle and Scunthorpe. He came into the team in 2007 and has scored 20-plus goals for three seasons in a row.

Has weaknesses, his touch is god-awful at times, but he's a natural goalscorer, and they aren't always the best footballers. If he had the first touch of a player like Grella he'd be near-world class.

As for interest, Newcastle had a bid rejected in this transfer window, and he has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Everton in the summer.

5. Simmonie

Simmonie Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Paterson, NJ
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I was on the edge of my seat the entire game. Well done lads, we live to fight another day.

6. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Congratulations on a great game! First time I have watched Leeds play. It was amazing to watch them withstand the early pressure where I thought it was going to be a blow-out bring it to a draw and then come back a second time in late stoppage time.

Good luck in your second game.

7. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Leeds 1- 3 Spurs

Promotion is all that matters.

8. TheYank

TheYank New Member

May 3, 2005
    Manhattan, KS
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I'll probably get hammered for saying it, I'm almost - dare I say - happy that we are out of the Cup now. Promotion should be the absolute main focus and I just have to wonder how further Cup games might have negatively affected our league performance later in the season; mainly through injuries and overworked players. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of the win vs United and games against Spurs, and the silverware would have been class especially as Giant Killers, but we HAVE to ensure promotion this year. If we lose out in the playoffs again I think I'll slit my wrists.

C'mon the Whites!

9. Simmonie

Simmonie Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Paterson, NJ
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    I agree. Promotion is a MUST. I don't know if I can take another season in League 1. No offense to the other teams in the league, but we are better than this.