Lee Seung-woo @ Hellas Verona FC 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by skimmilk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Geez what is it going to take for the coach to throw caution to the wind and give Lee a start? This was a cup game was it not? It's not like they have much to lose.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it was a league match.

Sons of Thunder and seolseol repped this.
  3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Normally, I wouldn't say anything but something like "let's be patient", "he's still 19" or "he's still got much to learn".
    But after seeing that the manager prefers to start a 17 y/o Moise Kean (who has been much less impressive than LSW so far), I can't take him too serious. I feel pity for Lee.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they can also be more patient with LSW tho given permanent deal vs kean on loan

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Kean is fielded cuz other options suck, he's a tall black guy and he's from Juventus.
    Lee is only subbed in cuz there are more options (that suck), he's a tiny asian guy and he's not on loan.
    This is how Pecchia brain works.
    I hope Lee will find a goal, probably the only way to get a chance to start a match.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    some how score 2 or 3 before January then he needs to bring out the "attitude" n go Ape on them

7. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    he honestly didn't do that bad, you can't really expect a miracle when the team situation is that bad. I don't know if they'll turn a corner, hopefully this doesn't turn into a lost/dead end year.

8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Dribbling skills, speed (of legs and thought), willpower and even defensive commitment. The kid has all what his team mates lack, built apart.
    Even playing an half-time in a balanced match (really hard this season) will be enough for him to make some final product. Let's hope.

cappuccino_kid and killaorca repped this.
  9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comes on for a ~15 min cameo in a losing effort against Inter, has a shot on goal and is (probably incorrectly) booked for diving with the last kick of the game. Looks like he swapped shirts with Nagatomo.

nmssis repped this.
  10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    he played bad?

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked reasonably dangerous? But Inter was successful in killing off the game.

killaorca repped this.
  12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Italian referees have not enough skill to understand how Lee fast dribbling works. And it seems VAR can't be used when Inter is involved.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    How would you rate Lee compared to his other teammates?

14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn he played well. Lovely movement and dribbling.

That last call was definitely a foul.

Sons of Thunder, teioh, seolseol and 3 others repped this.
  15. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    It's not that they don't have enough skill... it's that Lee forgot to pay them before the match started.

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    sucks, it was a very good attempt from LSW and he should have been rewarded with a free kick...

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  18. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    I hate to see when he throws up his arms in disappointment in his own or his teammates' bad play but I also LOVE IT. It shows his passion.

His passion, bravado and directness is what is so lacking in the KMNT (a.k.a. the team that passes backwards). Which is why I'm so disappointed in Shin's exclusion of him (and BSH).

We don't have enough time to develop new talent by '18 (player selection not withstanding) but we do have enough time to inject some frackin' attitude.

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if there is one league where he can throw his arms up n gesture...it's Serie A. lol, watch any of their games, he fits right in

teioh, Kanuck and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  20. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Foul or not, calls like that are good for his overall development. Mentally, next time hopefully he will do what he can to stay up on his feet and get stronger.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Some criticism: he needs to work on his passing a bit. I wish they were more accurate and precise. The good thing though is that he seems to have good vision and he attempts to make dangerous passes.
    I actually don't have a problem with his physical built because he seems to make up for it with his hustle and horsepower. But I guess it won't be too bad if he muscle up a bit.
    If he work on his passing I think he'll be a really good player. Only 4 pro games and he already shown he has talent and it'll only get better from here.

22. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I've never seen him doing that towards his teammates?
    He himself said during multiple interviews that he only does what Korean ppl call "rude" to show disappointment in himself.

23. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's already makin hands look like chicken feet when complaining. He's already Italian.

HojuSaram and nmssis repped this.
  24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wtf @ that guy smoking at the start LOL

nmssis repped this.
  25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

kinda feels like pulling on that rubber band a tiny bit more for that extra sting. one way or another, he will claim his spot