Lee Seung-woo @ Hellas Verona FC 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by skimmilk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    They lost 8-0, this team is going to be defending a lot. Not looking good for a young flair player that needs to make mistakes to grow.

And like I said don't assume you can read my mind based on one ambiguous sentence. When I put three dots like that... it's more like I'm sad/irony than gloating.

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #102 takeuchi, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    if only if it was based on one ambiguous sentence. as I stated before, it is based on multiple comments.. such as this one. btw, i don't think you know or understand the meaning of "irony"

yes, they conceded 8 goals in the past 2 games but that also means, he will get his chance/opportunity too since they scored ZERO goals.. not to mention, look at their transfer dealings. guess who is their most expensive signing for the start of this season??

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hellas-verona/alletransfers/verein/276

as for national team call-up, umm, why the hell not? Shin TY .. if he is still the manager for October friendlies.. stated he will focus calling up players in Europe & not call anyone from K League. just to fill up 23 players, Shin TY will be forced (unless he wants all Chinese based defenders or whatever), Shin TY has to consider players like Lee SW & Bundesliga 2 players who mostly play 4th div reserve football.

3. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    the team is leaking goals so they're more likely to put hard working wingers to keep the defensive shape over playing a young creative offensive player. Same thing happened to Odegaard, look at Mastour today. LSW hasn't even played a game at B level for any club at age 19 1/2 and you guys treat him better than someone like LKH who is much more likely to help KNT in the near present.

BTW some sources have LSW as a free transfer with payments depending on playing time. But I don't want to argue with you about the transfer fee, no one really knows except the clubs. The football leaks regarding player's contracts/fees/wages/bonuses shows that the media may have a rough idea, but the exact details are key and hidden in the fine print. If LSW doesn't play I doubt HV will have to pay anything.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My 2 cents
    - Expecting Lee to play now is silly, because he didn't even have pre-season with the club. It's not something trivial.
    - He will still have opportunities, his "opponents" aren't that special and Cerci is even injured. That said, unless he can perform he won't play much as the team can't focus on developments this year
    - Potential relegation to Serie B honestly doesn't seem much of an issue from my point of view. It's a great league to develop youngsters.
    - Language won't be much of a problem if his spanish is good
    - Mastour has never been a good footballer

takeuchi repped this.
  5. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #105 takeuchi, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    You keep saying he hasn't played a game at B lvl.. except you consistently ignore he made his official debut with Barca B. Are you also ignoring the fact he started his preseason w/ Barca B 2 years ago.. while being the best in the team? Granted.. yes, it was only preseason but he was scoring against "B" lvl clubs til he returned to Juvie A for rest of the season.

Btw, why are you comparing Lee SW to Odegaard and Mastour? As far as I'm concerned, they played once they left Real Madrid & AC Milan. Are you suggesting Lee SW will be "flops" (granted, they are all still very young atm) without even seeing Lee SW play single min with Hellas Verona atm? If so, aren't you.. well.. just "gloating".. using 2 games where Lee SW hasn't played so far.. as justification for your prediction of Lee SWs career? :rolleyes:

As for sources on transfer, the one I linked to this forum... IT IS JUST ONE through twitter. Not some "sources"... and from one with extremely questionable credibility for most of summer transfer regarding Barcelona.

6. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    he played a game or two at B level, don't you see how your grasping for straws? And quit telling me how I feel, you don't have a clue. I don't gloat or have any negative feelings toward the NT. I'll root for KNT regardless of if they put out 11 no name players.

Look at the Neymar/Cavani situation. Cavani has been there for 5 yrs, played on the wing for Ibra, scored tons of goals. He has a certain status and some guy walks in circumstances that gave one player too much power. Now the dressing room is all off. Shin can't just call up a player that hasn't even played beyond youth level for a handful of games, what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team. You should be rewarded after you've at least done something/anything. The dressing room sees everything, let LSW deserve his call up like everyone else.

7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :thumbsup:

Steven511 repped this.
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Probably because that's an argument you constantly mention to make your point? Flawed but you consistently raise it. Also, I am pointing out your "negative" feelings toward Lee SW.. not NT. Yes, you can state I am "assuming" but it is based on numerous statements by you.

As for your 2nd paragraph, Korea isn't Uruguay or Brazil. Do you know how many games or mins Suk HJ played before he was called up by KNT? Exactly 25 mins w/ Ajax in 09/10 season.... Did that give Suk HJ immense player power?? :rolleyes:

Also, it is Shin TY who stated he won't call up K League players for October. He has to call up players from Europe, J League, CSL, and ME.

J League & CSL = nothing but defenders or players you never heard of w/ very little league apps (majority of these guys are defenders too).

ME = Nam Tae Hee??

Europe = Koo, Son, Ji, Kwon, PJH (in reserves), LCY, Ki SY. Suk, HHC..... after them, you have guys in similar status (if not worse) as Lee SW.

9. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    Do you remember my post a month or two back where I said LSW would be a great face for "korean football" and "korea". He's a good looking, outgoing, flashy player that I would love to succeed and become our "beckham/ronaldo/neymar" to represent our flag. But you choose to forget that.

If anything I want him to succeed as much as the next guy. If you reread Amebo's post and don't see a huge disconnect with reality then idk, that's what I was responding to anyways.

And to be fair if LSW pays 25 min for Hellas Verona he'll probably be included in the next round of NT games. Amebo wanted him to be called up against uzbekistan/iran which were must win games after LSW wasn't even really training and was in limbo.

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sure but majority of your statements are negative when it comes to Lee SW. Also, yes.. you did come off as "gloating" because Lee SW hasn't played after 2 games.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Problem is that KCH and HHC are injured :/ Seriously asking myself who will STY call up if no K-Leaguers lol. LSW will get called up.

12. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it's good timing to call up LSW for the upcoming friendlies. It'll be a big confidence boost whether he plays or not.

gunitinug repped this.
  13. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i really can't wait to see lee seung woo at KNT

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    even w/ K Leaguers, it is an extremely limited player pool... especially on the offensive side.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

SHJ has a better chance of being in form and actually be substantial for KNT....but LSW getting spoon fed, idk. that can swing in either direction.

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Bench :/

seolseol repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #117 nmssis, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    68 min n between spotty stream, LSW is warming up....:geek:

86 min....third sub. n no LSW

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Be accostumed to this guys.

nmssis, Steven511 and seolseol repped this.
  21. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    :p showing some quick feet, love it

22. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    He's ON!

nmssis repped this.
  23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    There are no active/available streams... :(

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He's in, but this match is over since the very beginning.
    Let's hope this will be Pecchia last match.