Lee Seung-woo @ Hellas Verona FC 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by skimmilk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I was going to make the thread...

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    my bad. Was eager to get my mind of mediocre KNT performance and forgot.

We could use some '17-18 threads this evening though...

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Let's just call him up now, pls and thank you.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    STY will have him sit by corner flag hucking in crosses to LDG.

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    fck that, put him as our playmaker and create chances and spaces for SHM and HHC.
    We need a guy like him in our team.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    STY doesn't know what a playmaker is.

killaorca repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I really hope that if we qualify (big if I know), we seriously find another manager. I feel like Pinto might be a decent manager considering he seems to know how to manage a weaker side like us. Also he shouldn't be too expensive. Someone to consider if Honduras fails to qualify.

I think that LSW, SHM, HHC, and KCH can be a decent offensive unit. It'll be young and fresh. HHC isn't perfect but I think he has potential if he's under a right guidance I think. He pretty explosive with decent pace.

I also wish Han Chanhee be tested out too.

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Free transfer... Wouldn't call that a record breaking transfer

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    not exactly a free transfer.... he could still be the most expensive signing this summer based on his performance ;)

11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well, it makes a big difference still. They now have a lot less motivation to play him, given that in the case he rots, the club pays nothing.

takeuchi repped this.
  12. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
  13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    #13 Chingoo, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Italian Jewish leaders denounce ' a true celebration of Nazism ’by fans of the Hellas Verona football club
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During a match, at the Bentegodi stadium of Verona, a member of the far-right Forza Nuova party hailed Adolf Hitler as "sponsor" of the team.

The Nazi chorus at the match appeared in an online video that has been on the web of many national newspapers.

Following the incidents, the President of the Union of Italian Jewish Communities, Noemi Di Segni, and the President of the Jewish Community of Verona, Bruno Carmi, wrote a letter of protest to the president of the Italian football federation Carlo Tavecchio, to the president of the soccer team Hellas Verona Maurizio Setti, to the mayor of Verona Federico Sboarina and to the prefect Salvatore Mulas .

http://www.ejpress.org/article/Ital...fans-of-the-Hellas-Verona-football-club/23383

jessypjs repped this.
  14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    HELLAS VERONA: THE MOST RACIST FANS IN ALL OF ITALY
    [​IMG]
    Still, racism was something the Italian Curvas and Hellas were setting a benchmark for. Players of darker skin-tones were often subjected to racist slurs and taunting by their own fans. The first black to play for Lazio was Aron Winter, who played from 1992 to ’96 but left because of abuse from his own team’s fans and especially Ultras, who had a very race-driven approach in the terraces. Hellas Verona’s ultras took all this, as always, to a new frontier. Flags, embedded with Celtic crosses and Swastikas, were a common feature in the Hellas’ Curva Sud and perfectly displayed the extreme approach of fans who were hellbent on swatting away black players.

Hellas Verona fans, put on a spectacle to convey the extremes of their hate, when it came to black players. In 1996, a derby with local rivals Chievo, witnessed something out of this world. A black dummy, donning a Hellas Verona jersey was hung by the noose, tied to the railing where the Ultras reside, with a banner reading “Negro, get out of here”, above. The dummy was an imitation of Dutch defensive midfielder, Maickel Ferrier, who was believed to be on his way to Verona. Days after this public protest, the deal with Ferrier fell through.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2014/hellas-verona-the-most-racist-fans-in-all-of-italy/

15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Aww fck...

jessypjs repped this.
  17. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Serie A club Verona have been hit with a suspended partial stadium closure following racist chanting in Sunday's game with Napoli.
    In a statement released on Tuesday, Lega Serie A ruled that Verona's supporters had directed abuse towards Napoli midfielder Pablo Armero, with such conduct deemed "discriminatory behaviour on grounds of race".

As a result, Verona have been handed a one-game partial stadium closure, affecting their Curva Sud.

The sentence has been suspended for one year given it is the club's first offence, meaning that Verona will not be punished unless their fans transgress again.

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/verona-receive-suspended-penalty-over-chanting#eeqbJsV4AAeDrTpC.99

18. skim172

skim172 Member+

Feb 20, 2013
    Wait.

I know how to fix this.

[​IMG]

19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I am 100% sure we wont get any better with these shitty players even if we get Pinto as our manager.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    If Pinto can get Costa Rica to beat Uruguay and Italy, I'm sure he can bring some magic to the team.

21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    You realize Costa Rica was a pretty decent team to begin with.. right? I am not saying Pinto didnt do anything...

If players are fking shit like ours, it doesnt matter how good the manager's tactics are. Players wont be able to follow the tactics anyway.

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Omg not Pinto again.

takeuchi and batumchange2 repped this.
  23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    right they have good players but you know how much better Uruguay and Italy are compared to Costa Rica right?
    I'm sure if we bring in someone like Pinto we can hopefully beat an easier opponent if we get lucky with our draw. What's important is that we can savage our reputation and our fans don't lose complete hope us.

Also I'm so tired of this loser mentality people have in this forum. We have shit players so what's the point of trying; not wanting to qualify because we'll suck etc. Not only that it's not even about being better at this point for me. I just want to see KFA taking some initiative to turn this around. I want to see them trying to go to the right direction. Signing STY wasn't the right direction. Signing a decent manager is a right direction for me and it shows that KFA is willing to fix this problem. If we still suck with a good manager then I'm willing to swallow the bitter pill but at this point we've already given up without even trying. Everything else is just hypothetical unless we try.

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just a suggestion mate. Whatever happens, if we qualify we need to sack STY.

25. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    There's a big difference between "loser mentality" and "accepting the reality".
    I am one of those who believe S. Korea still needs to get qualified for the WC even if we will lose all 3 matches. We will be doomed for many years if we dont get qualified for many many many reasons..

Sure, signing a decent manager will probably help us a bit. But you need to realize that our team wont get far with these retards who think they couldnt do shit due to "noises" made by their own fking fans.