Lee Dong Gook???

Discussion in 'Middlesbrough' started by Kimsuyun, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Don't know much about him, but heard he is quite a big name over in Korea, had a few injuries that have set him back.

Love his nick name, good stuff! Heard he is going to sign next week (19th), but you never know with Boro until they anounce it. Might have trouble getting fit if the korea season ended in November, might need a few weeks to get ready maybe.

Hope this is true as he has a good reputation of being a talented player.

2. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hope it's true as well, he's had too much misfortune throughout this career and he deserves a chance to shine even brighter.

He is currently the top scorer in the National Team as well.

And yes, he'll need some time to get back into fitness as he has recently recovered from injury to his knee.

3. DooMSireN

DooMSireN New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Damn that name is amazing, I have to buy a shirt with "Big Dong" on the back if he signs up!

4. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I'm sure the traffic on this forum will increase tenfold if Boro signs him. :D

5. SoccerShoutPodcast

SoccerShoutPodcast New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Here's a good thread about him from the FMTTM board.

He goes by "Lee", rather than Dong or Gook.

BTW...I'm a Boro fan and do a general footy podcast, but tend to talk about the Boro more than normal because of my support. Check it out at http://soccershout.com

6. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    it's confirmed!!! http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2564608,00.html

ya!

7. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  8. Rocket Dog

Rocket Dog New Member

May 25, 2008
    North East UK
    He should never have come to the prem league, totally outclassed, one of the worst players we have seen in a boro shirt. Good luck Gook, hope you find your level

9. boro1981

boro1981 New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    good luck to him for the future, out of his depth in the Premier League