Lee Chung-yong @ Crystal Palace FC 2015/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man this Puncheon dude sucks.

Chingoo repped this.
  2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    When you're 6 yards away from the goal, you can't shoot right at the goalkeeper.

He's been good so far, but this team needs a goal.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  4. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He just saved Crystal Palace with an inch perfect cross.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yup but he wasn't good before that. I think he should play higher tbh. Trade place with LCY.

I think Crystal Palace played really well second half even though they had hard time getting the ball inside the net (not just Lee). LCY did well too. I think this game showed he can be an offensive threat. Should have buried 2 chances, could have gotten 2 assists. If he can do this throughout the season then it'll be great, but you never know. Not all team is Bournemouth and they parked the bus.

Also I like Zaha, wish we had someone like him.

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That's because Bournemouth pressed hard in the first half and completely sat back in the second half. Crystal Palace didn't improve, they were just given more possession by Bournemouth. A trade-off you get from everyone in your team defending. If they don't improve, Lee might be back in the Championship.

Also, not all team is as sh*t as Bournemouth.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Yup that's why I said not all team is Bournemouth.

Also when Bournemouth had their chances, Crystal Palace d looked really shaky. They need to fix their defence.

8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so this should prove that LCY >>>> wickham right

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Reading through their forum it seems like they liked Puncheon in second half but not so much Cabaye (missed the penalty).
    I've only watched them play when LCY got on but all I remember from Puncheon was losing that possession dangerously in their side of the field, and that through pass that was off, also that assist. I also thought Cabaye played really well, he is one of the most important player for this team.

LCY gets a nice review, he just needs to be more sharp with his shooting. I think he just wanted to get his name in the scoreboard and wasn't as composed as he should. More finesse ironically.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    He didn't look that impressive but was rated man of the match with a rating of 9.2 on whoscored. They are not the most reliable, but it's still surprising.

Thought Cabaye was pretty cr*p today, missing a penalty and all that.

Nope. 도토리 키재기.

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Puncheon seems to be rated really high by the fans for this game. I personally thought Cabaye was better or at least he linked up with Lee pretty well. The fans didn't seem to like Cabaye though for an obvious reason.

Still I'm hoping LCY leaves or at least fire Pardew. He's so shit.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    It's worrying. With Jedinak and Bolasie gone, Crystal Palace are going to struggle whoever the manager is.

13. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    players' match performances get judged so variably. some people respect those who do the little things consistently right with "tidy" play. while there are some players who look reckless but can produce moments of magic leading to a goal or assist. supporters of the club would likely forgive the latter type of player for producing the result while underrating the former type of player.

we as fans of individuals, moreso than clubs, will always have difference perspectives about how a player performed since our priorities aren't the same. the newspaper ratings get taken too seriously, just like fifa rankings. soccer's an abstract and subjective sport

datschge repped this.
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Still has a week left to figure things out. Pardew did Jedinak dirty.
    Crystal Palace needs a solid DM to push every MF foward.

Still if LCY wants to play AM he needs to show he can offer something with goals or assists. I think I saw a glimpse of that today but that was against a pretty bad team.

seolseol and zdrstvte repped this.
  15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Loic Remy is expected to join Crystal Palace on loan. If that's the case, I doubt Pardew will play 4-2-3-1 but play 4-4-2. Not a great news given that PArdew doesn't consider him a first choice RM.

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Idk many fans didn't seem to like the 442, especially with Benteke and Wickham at the front.

17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yeah, but Benteke and Remy are both big signings for the club, and I expect Pardew to build the team around them. So I reckon 4-4-2 is very likely.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    not the best reflection of Pardew's long term planning to change formations all of a sudden and then flip flop around in it.

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Why can't Benteke and Remy play 4-2-3-1?

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Because he's a striker. Both Benteke and Remy would be best used in the centre rather than the wings although Remy has occasionally played as a winger in the past. Best way to combine the two player would be to use Benteke and Remy as the top 2 with Remy trailing slightly behind Benteke.

killaorca repped this.
  21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    4-4-1-1?

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    oh right that makes sense, I thought you meant Remy was going to be a RM playing ahead of LCY. I think in a 442 setting, LCY can play as a wide midfield.

Then again, I'm hoping he leaves so...

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wilshere also rumored which I think would be bad outcome for LCY to be even more reason to be kept as insurance but not played.

24. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unfortunately given his age and injury history, with a wife as well, I think he's going to take the safe payday option end of day.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In good news if LCY stays, Mutch linked to Derby County.