Lee Chung-yong @ Bolton Wanderers 2009-2010 [R] III

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great pics. Where were you sitting and how much did you pay for the tickets? Did you buy them at the gate or online or somewhere else?

I would love to make my way out there someday. :)

2. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thanks for sharing! :D

3. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Wish the photos were better, but it was hard to take pictures and take in the game. As I said, the old lady behind me kept cracking me up with her tongue lashings directed at Elmander, Kevin Davies, and company. She was slagging off Lee for a bit too until I sat down, when she began to praise him somewhat but didn't completely stop the criticisms. She was a very sweet old lady otherwise.

The ticket cost 27 pounds which is roughly 1.6 times in dollars. Not too bad to sit right near the players' bench. I bought it online which you can print out with the barcode. Their file didn't work so I had it reserved for me at the ticket office.

If you decide to go, I can give you some pointers. The travel up to Manchester was the expensive part. I took trains to the closest station, but then the cab ride was nearly 50 pounds round trip. So do the math - ain't cheap.

I didn't make it out to Tottenham cause I figured Lee won't be playing and I was butt tired.

The stadium isn't anything to write home about - I think the Pizza Hut Park in my hometown in Dallas Fort Worth is much better. But still the atmosphere was really good because of the fans - "Owen Coyle's Super White Army!" to the beat of drums sounds nice.

4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

lol..... something tells me the Bolton fans used Hanja because they thought it looked "cooler"

5. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You think Bolton fans would be able to use hanja? Hell even I can't as a Korean-American. I'm guessing whoever put up the banner of LCY in his KNT kit put that one up as well (or replaced it?). Probably a Korean person living in England?

6. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=216&article_id=0000034063

7. Auerbach-Plexi

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hi, planning to visit London in April. Hoping to see Arsenal-Man City match at Emirate. I think this is quite late in the process, what would be the best place to get a ticket for the match?
    Thanks

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol the fact that PJS can be a game changer on the best team in the world should tell you something about this "contest".......

10. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    thanks Thunder. I'm not actually gonna download and watch this because it kinda makes me sad to watch LCY so fatigued but you're always taking time to upload these games. Thanks!!
    I'd rep you but i have to spread them around haha

11. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This was actually the sharpest Lee has looked in a while. Resting a full week did him good. Plus his assist was a real peach. :D

13. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think they just went on his wikipedia page and copied it.

15. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee's pace has definitely gone down. He used to be able to run around defenders..... dammit this is how players get injured i would be glad if LCY rests a game or two....

16. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team: