Lebanon Football Thread 2009 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by FCMB, Sep 1, 2008.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Thailand - Lebanon

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvZmw51GVsI&feature=related"]YouTube - King's Cup 39th: Thailand 2 - 1 Lebanon[/ame]

2. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Today :

North Korea - Lebanon 0-1 !

Happy now FCMB ? :)

3. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Lebanon 1-0 North Korea
    72' Abbas Ahmed Atwi

lol, mission accombished for Emile, now he can brag about this for the rest of his life.

4. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god its about time!!!!!!

5. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    JOKE OF ASIA - on and off the field.

6. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Lebanon vs Syria
    No postponement of the match Lebanon vs Syria

Aware of our sources from within the Lebanese Football Federation, that there would be no postponement of the match against Syria and the team match on time.

UNOMIG continues to the Syrian team at the time of writing, at eleven am trying to postpone the match, as required by the laws of the competition to 48 hours of the day, but these attempts met with the refusal of the Lebanese Football Federation, and the match observer, Nasser El Riani (Oman).

A number of elected members of the Syrian Mission to the players and administrators have been poisoned before being admitted to hospital for treatment Trad.

source: Lebanese-football.com

7. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    2-0 Syria, expected defeat. China should finish them off in November.

8. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    Yes,I ´ll stay quiet now,but you will see.;)

9. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He doesn't mean the Syrian team bro..please read/understand better next time :)
    thanks

10. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    This is the game where I expect Lebanon to pick it up and put their hearts into the game against Syria, unfortunately it seems like they did not, I have not seen the match, but I am assuming that we never play well. We need change in the league and the national team.

11. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Stick to Basketball and beating France (in Basketball).

12. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    It could be Syria bro,I understood right,but yeah in the context it is Lebanon ,sorry Syrian and FCMB!:eek:

13. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    yeah that was our greatest achievement by far... we still do have a great basket team

14. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Al Ahed are struglling these season. I don't that they stand a big chance against Neftchi. Busaiteen hmm..don't know much about them but I would guess that they are stronger then Ahed. Chances to advace = very slim.

Good group for Safa. Al Zawraa are strong, but the other two teams could be handeld.

Al Mabarrah was just lucky to win the cup last season, you can see that on their performance during the frist round of the league. They are only sixth. They do not stand any chance against Al Arabi and Arbil.

My guess would be that one out of three teams will advance, but I wouldn't be suprised if none of them would advance.

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    THE Brave Warriors will take on Lebanon in a friendly international in Beirut on April 1, national football coach Tom Saintfiet said yesterday.

He said the side will consist of mostly foreign-based players, with at least four locally based players to be included.

The match falls on the Fifa international calendar date and Saintfiet wants to send the strongest possible team.

He said Namibia was invited to play against Lebanon after the involvement of Namibia's technical director Klaus Starke who has contacts in that country.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200902130631.html

16. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Good test for Lebanon, we have not played many teams from Africa good to see where we stand.

17. zgharta dot com

zgharta dot com New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    London
    Of the original 12 First Division teams which started the season, I am aware that Tripoli Sporting Club (TSC) dropped out.

Of the remaining 11 teams how many will be relegated at the end of the season i.e. TSC + 1 ; TSC + 2 .

18. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    We really need some updates on whats happening in Lebanon football from people living there ... we got no news coverage here....

19. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Two promoted teams will be added in the next season, therefore only one team should relegate together with Tripoli.

Good luck in shaping up, but don't expect anything for tomorrows game :p

20. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    LOL like we're getting more information here.

21. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  22. zgharta dot com

Oct 29, 2007
    London
    Thanks guys.

Another question :(

According to various websites the rankings for the First Division show - Al Nejmeh ; Al Hikma; Tadanon Sour with a game in hand, I can understand two teams but not three.

Can you link me to a website with the correct rankings etc - goalzz.com also shows the above.

23. FCMB

FCMB Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    http://www.rsssf.com/tablesl/leb09.html

Everything is allright, these teams had two byes during the season because of the strange scheduling.

Today's games were postponed because of the terrible weather conditions.

24. zgharta dot com

Oct 29, 2007
    London
    Welcome back FCMB, without you we are lost !

25. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Yesterday i was really proud of being lebanese, i got a world soccer magazine for the month of march and Lebanon's national team was there!!!!!!!!! yes it was, BUT we were shown and wrote about our fight that we had against thailand or something, WHAT A WAY TO REPRESENT OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats the only way we are publicized